Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some intresting choices.

What differentiate Azpi from Cahill in your mind? First thing i think of both players is their passion and puting their body on the line for the team. I easily think Cahill has better social skills and presence in the locker room. Cahill comes off as a bigger presence then Azpi, i don't see Azpi as a leader.

Ivanovic? too much of a hot head imo, not calm and collected for my preference. Too many bonehead occasions for Iva and don't think he is one to defuse situations when needed.

t

Ivan is not a hothead

The criteria to be captain:

- world class player

- good leadership

- speaks decent English

Cahill only lacks the first

You don't have to be a world class player to be an amazing captain.. look at Roy Keane.

The criteria to be captain:

- world class player

- good leadership

- speaks decent English

Cahill only lacks the first

not national teams these days....

However, I would prefer option 2 and 3 as musts, but the first one is not neccessary to be captain..

Better wording for option 2 would be leadership/strong mentality.

Another must would be

Outfield player/starting 11 player

I think he's the weak link in our defense.

Guy ain't that good.

So we will have a problem when Terry gone because he ain't world class.

I'm not sure if weak link would be the right word..but as usual, (and this has been stated many times before) he kept backing away from his opponent, this time with Campbell.

He allowed Campbell to run into the penalty box where it becomes to dangerous to put in a tackle. He could have scored if his shot had been on target in the first half.

Thing is, his role is to be covering defender for JT and he does a decent enough job of mopping up with his last ditch tackles and clearances. Once JT's time is over with the team, we will need some one in a similar mold to be the replacement, because its certainly not going to be Cahill.

You don't have to be a world class player to be an amazing captain.. look at Roy Keane.

Keane wasn't world class perhaps, but he was still a very, very, very good player, and also his leadership qualities were always far better than Cahill's were.

Why didn't get the World-class tackle to deny Campbell a free-shot on goal from 14 metres any recognition here?

Thought it was excellent.

because he was horrendous apart from that. and by now, we know cahill we make last ditch heroic tackles , it was no surprise

Keane wasn't world class perhaps, but he was still a very, very, very good player, and also his leadership qualities were always far better than Cahill's were.

I'm not comparing their leadership qualities at all, in that respect Keane shits all over Cahill. just think Keane was a ood player witu exceptional leadership qualities, not a world class player

You could argue perhaps he could have been tighter on Fellaini for the first ball in the build up to their goal.

Understatement of the month, that! :lol:

I'm gonna go with he didn't know/forgot that he was supposed to be marking Fellaini after Iva went off. Free header from 8 yards out. What a stop by Thibaut!

• 2 weeks later...