Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he'll be Chelsea's next captain, I mean he's turning 29 at the end of this year and he'll probably retire just a couple of seasons after JT. It's a discussion for the future, but surely it'll be Courtois.

I don't think he'll be Chelsea's next captain, I mean he's turning 29 at the end of this year and he'll probably retire just a couple of seasons after JT. It's a discussion for the future, but surely it'll be Courtois.

nope, it has to be Lukaku

:Goober:

120k a week for Cahill is too much.

Meanwhile Shaw got that same amount at 19...

Kinda. We can't deny that his work rate, mentality and performances haven't deserved him that though. I feel he deserves a pay rise and he'll be very happy to know his work is appreciated.

His last ditch tackling and blocking are probably the best in the world. He has made so many last second tackles, blocks and clearances that I get lost in memories just by getting to remember it. Even yesterday with his hand (on his chest). He never complained when being on the bench but instead worked harder and pushed Luiz away from starting 11. That's something I really like and respect.

• 3 weeks later...

He has to relax when he has the ball at his feet.

Messi is very relaxed with the ball at his feet... wonder why....

He's never going to be a technical player, as that boat has sailed. However, he's got his own virtues as a defender.

This is going to be a huge season for him, because he's not going to enjoy as much protection from the other areas as he did last season, and he will be more exposed as a result. Reckon our defense line will have to move up a bit too.

Huge huge season for him - the season of his career.

This may be the return of AVB's defense, high line and horribly exposed...

I really don't trust Cahill as our no.1 defender should Terry's decline be rapid this year, hell I don't even trust him as our no.2 defender.

JT isn't gonna be Terry forever, we need to get a big figure next to him pronto and Cahill isn't it for me at least.

We already have 1 at least, Brana Ivanovic.

I really don't trust Cahill as our no.1 defender should Terry's decline be rapid this year, hell I don't even trust him as our no.2 defender.

Extremely harsh considering his fine performances helped carry JT at times last year. Some people just don't appreciate what we have in him.