Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

Can't believe Azpi's earning less than McEachran and Chalobah.

Actually they're all on the same wages, but your point stands.

Not sure Garry deserves 100k+ contract. Don't think we should be giving anyone that kind of wages at the moment.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He's our new JT", "best defender in the league"... weren't we slagging him off last month? :lol:

A couple of magnificent performances and infinitely better at CB than Luiz. However if Mourinho ever accepts Ivanovic and Terry as our strongest CB pairing (which they are), Cahill would be sat on the bench. For some reason Mourinho thinks Ivan is a great right-back. For me that is the only thing that is getting Gaz into the team. But credit where it is due, he has been excellent since we drew at the Emirates. Before then he looked very shaky.

"He's our new JT", "best defender in the league"... weren't we slagging him off last month? :lol:

A couple of magnificent performances and infinitely better at CB than Luiz. However if Mourinho ever accepts Ivanovic and Terry as our strongest CB pairing (which they are), Cahill would be sat on the bench. For some reason Mourinho thinks Ivan is a great right-back. For me that is the only thing that is getting Gaz into the team. But credit where it is due, he has been excellent since we drew at the Emirates. Before then he looked very shaky.

Ivanovic is our fourth best CB in my eyes. Luiz and Cahill are both better, if Ivanovic was better than those two in that position he'd start there but he hasn't started over those two in years when they are fit and available.

Ivanovic is our fourth best CB in my eyes. Luiz and Cahill are both better, if Ivanovic was better than those two in that position he'd start there but he hasn't started over those two in years when they are fit and available.

I think the only reason why Ivanovic starts at right-back is because he was a successful experiment by Hiddink and then by Ancelotti. I remember under Scolari he played predominantly as a centre back, and he was absolutely brilliant.

No.

It's true, within a month people will be demanding Luiz to play alongside Terry, it always happens.

I would like to think this is more than just a 'good run of form', he's improved and is probably our best defender.

Fixed the bold.

Fixed the bold.

He's not our best defender. Not probably either.

What people seem to forget is to compare our defensive midfield NOW and before this january transfer window and 6 months back. This has a HUGE impact on our defense.

Im not taking anything away from Cahill, but I dont like when people go out and "HES OUR NEXT TERRY", "OUR BEST DEFENDER OMG". He's good, period. But meanwhile our defense overall and DM has become alot better.

I would like to think this is more than just a 'good run of form', he's improved and is probably our best defender.

I believe JT goes a bit unnoticed due to Cahill's improvement. Our skipper is still the heart of our defense, if it weren't for his organising on the defensive end I highly doubt Cahill and the rest of your back 4 would do as well as they're doing atm.

I don't know if he's our best defender, but I don't think it matters. Him and JT are such a solid unit that it's irrelevant who is number one and who is number two. Cahill has actually stepped up and taken a lot of the running and marking off of JT's hands, which has probably meant JT can play a lot more games and actually perform a lot better.