Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really makes me happy to see him improving. I guess he's not only playing well, but improving as a footballer. He was once again flawless and I don't see any way Luiz could displace him based on their current form. I may even be willing to change my opinion about his overall status. If he keeps improving and positions himself like he did today more often, I just can't consider him a squad player anymore, he'll be first team material regardless of the other options we have.

It's also very good to have him this confident and solid, so we can rest Terry more often without getting nightmares about a partnership between Gary and David. I think he had a better match than Terry today and not because Terry was shocking - both were very solid - but because he was simply more solid imo. Way to go, Gary!

Kinda late but whatever. Can't deny this facet of his game.

ibpobvlYogDkPJ.gif

What a tackle that was. Remember this moment in the game so well and I thought, well shit.....that ball is going in the back of the god damn net, then out of nowhere came Cahill with that tackle. Just unbelievable.

He's seems a lot more assured in his defending and just.....more confident. Hopefully that continues.

What a tackle that was. Remember this moment in the game so well and I thought, well shit.....that ball is going in the back of the god damn net, then out of nowhere came Cahill with that tackle. Just unbelievable.

He's seems a lot more assured in his defending and just.....more confident. Hopefully that continues.

Totally agree. Even though I'm not his biggest fan, he has been convincing me, he's looked so much better and it is great to see. Maybe playing with JT has given him more security and Mou's influence is definitely helping him. Credit to Gary for changing a lot of people's views on him.

But we have seen this before from Gary? I remember a bore draw @ the Bridge a couple of seasons ago when Adebayor had a empty net & GC came out of nowhere & stopped a sure goal. Then remember back in the FAC Semis vs spudz when GC stopped Bale? I love GC. The guy has made me forget about Alex, who I wanted to stay @ CFC. GC might not have the offensive game as Alex, but he brings more in the defensive end which we need at times. Since he came to CFC, he has been more like a Good Luck Charm. There are only a couple things Gary needs to strike off his CFC Bucket list:

1. League Cup
  2. EPL Title
  3. World Club Cup
  4. UEFA Super Cup

But we have seen this before from Gary? I remember a bore draw @ the Bridge a couple of seasons ago when Adebayor had a empty net & GC came out of nowhere & stopped a sure goal. Then remember back in the FAC Semis vs spudz when GC stopped Bale? I love GC.

Not to knock Garry or anything, but the first was JT, not him, and the second was actually his mistake to begin with because he stepped up when he shouldn't have. But still, it is undeniable that Garry is one of the best last-ditch defenders around. I always said, that physically and even technically (in terms of tackling, heading..etc), he has the ability to be world-class. It's his reading of the game and decision making that is average.

Not to knock Garry or anything, but the first was JT, not him, and the second was actually his mistake to begin with because he stepped up when he shouldn't have. But still, it is undeniable that Garry is one of the best last-ditch defenders around. I always said, that physically and even technically (in terms of tackling, heading..etc), he has the ability to be world-class. It's his reading of the game and decision making that is average.

Are you talking about this one?

article-2119711-12502731000005DC-571_634

still have to give him props for making the stop IMHO.

Are you talking about this one?

article-2119711-12502731000005DC-571_634

still have to give him props for making the stop IMHO.

I think this is the one in the added time against Tottenham when it was 1-1:

Can't find the one where Garry stepped up then caught up with Bale(?). I am giving him credit because like I said, he is amazing at last-ditch defensing, but I'm also highlighting another important part to his game which is his positional issues and decision making.

I think this is the one in the added time against Tottenham when it was 1-1:

The pict I showed was the match @ Da Bridge on 3/24/2011. The score was 0-0

Can't find the one where Garry stepped up then caught up with Bale(?). I am giving him credit because like I said, he is amazing at last-ditch defensing, but I'm also highlighting another important part to his game which is his positional issues and decision making.

The one you are thinking is the FAC Semis @ Wembley. 5-1 ring a bell?

gc_dup.gif