Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we do, modric will be a great player for us, and he can replace lampard within 2 years, and lampard will be a great tutor to him!

Im not saying we need Modric but we need a player similar , the creative flair is what we need. Though getting back on Topic , im not sure getting Cahil will help our academy players getting through.

yes we do, modric will be a great player for us, and he can replace lampard within 2 years, and lampard will be a great tutor to him!

Lampard being a tutor to Modric? Don't think so since they have a different playing style, Xavi would be a great tutor to him but unfortunately we dont have him in our team. ^_^

Alex will probably be sold at the end of this season. I dont think Gary Cahill is the solution for Chelsea's defence in the short term & in the long-term.

I'd prefer to see how much Jeffrey Bruma learns/improves on his loan-spell at Hamburg as-well-as Hutchinson's miracle-comeback before we think of splashing the cash on Gary Cahill...

Lampard being a tutor to Modric? Don't think so since they have a different playing style, Xavi would be a great tutor to him but unfortunately we dont have him in our team. ^_^

not the same, they both attack, and im not talking about learning how to pass the ball or something, but mentaly and his lifestyle

The problem with Gary Cahill is that he is one part of the second worst defence in the League.

The main reason for the amount of goals conceided is that the midfield is over-exposed (it's the danger when you play in a 4-4-2) and that Knight, Steinsson and Robinson are shite this season. But the fact remains what you said, Cahill is part of that worst defense and the less we can say is that he is not well commited to his task !

He is a little bit stupid, he had to confirm this season he could have the envergure to play in a top 6 club and in the same time prove people and Capello that he can be part of the squad for the Euro... He started badly the season, we can't rely that on the team's form, we can expect for a player with such ambitions to be better than that and show some good influence on his partners.

But anyway he will be part of the England squad for the EC and it surely won't be the case of Dawson, Dann or Johnson... and even if his season performance will be average...

The main reason for the amount of goals conceided is that the midfield is over-exposed (it's the danger when you play in a 4-4-2) and that Knight, Steinsson and Robinson are shite this season. But the fact remains what you said, Cahill is part of that worst defense and the less we can say is that he is not well commited to his task !

He is a little bit stupid, he had to confirm this season he could have the envergure to play in a top 6 club and in the same time prove people and Capello that he can be part of the squad for the Euro... He started badly the season, we can't rely that on the team's form, we can expect for a player with such ambitions to be better than that and show some good influence on his partners.

But anyway he will be part of the England squad for the EC and it surely won't be the case of Dawson, Dann or Johnson... and even if his season performance will be average...

I'd take Dawson & Dann (if both are fit and doing well for Spurs & Blackburn respectively) instead of Gary Cahill to Euro 2012...

I'd take Dawson & Dann (if both are fit and doing well for Spurs & Blackburn respectively) instead of Gary Cahill to Euro 2012...

I think time will tell , im not convinced with Dawson , Dann is a great prospect and will be wasted playing at Blackburn. if we are to invest in Cahill , then i think he will be a capable signing.

I think time will tell , im not convinced with Dawson , Dann is a great prospect and will be wasted playing at Blackburn. if we are to invest in Cahill , then i think he will be a capable signing.

Considering Cahill best moment in the season was the first half, and Dawson's were the last months (the win at Anfield etc...)... Dawson best performances were fare better than Cahill's ones.

Scott Dann, it's like Roger Johnson ; they both said (I think just Johnson did, but Dann thinks the same !) that they waited some big clubs to approach them seriously before deciding to sign at Wolves and Blackburn. Neither Chelsea, nor Arsenal nor Liverpool was really keen on them and they waited without giving definitive answers.

Dann will be one of the best performers at Blackburn with Formica, Rochina, Robinson, Hoilett and Olsson so no doubt that with the relegation ; a big club will look closer at them. For Chelsea, Dann and Hoilett would be great prospects.

Dann reminds me Ivanovic in the air, he is really impressive !

• 1 month later...