Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll have an edge on offering him better wages, that's for sure.

Spurs will have the edge offering him first team football as there number one center-half. Lets be honest, if he comes here he'll start as 4th.

Terry needs replacing, this man can do the job.

Plus the club have made it very clear Alex is surplus to requirements by offering him to Spurs, his time here is limited.

Terry needs replacing? Does he fuck. Replace Terry, watch the back four fall to pieces. JT's form has been great for 18 months.

Well JT is 30 and he's our most important player. When he starts struggling we will need a replacement and his replacement should be an quality English international. Garry wants CL football and in jan he'll have 6 months left on his contract. Chances of the deal happening are pretty high.

But anyway, transfer period just ended, I'm out of this section! XD

LOL

John Terry isn't Paolo Maldini, just as Lampard isn't Giggs. Plus, La Seria A hasn't the same tempo as the Premer League at all ! La Seria A has a slow tempo and a slow building of play. That is why players can last far more than players from other leagues.

And maybe John Terry could last as long as Maldini. But nothing is less sure than that, and he is already 31. The bottom line is, instead of waiting our players - John Terry in this case - are finished for good to replace them, we have to act quickly and anticipate their end.

I am not preaching to buy, not at all. But we have still a bit of time before Terry becomes not enough good, I do think two years. So we should researche and target his successor from right now.

I'm with those who are saying Terry's still got some years ahead of him.

Maybe it's because I've got blue-tinted glasses on, or something, but I just don't think Terry's slowing down by any means. He's consistently been making vital tackles, organised our defensive line and defended to the death. He might have slowed in terms of his pace, but that's never been a strong point of his anyway and he's actually adapted to that.

He's still a great threat from the air, and doesn't get out-muscled by strikers.

Now I hate to over-exaggerate our youth talent. But because of the 2-3 years I feel Terry can still give us, I reckon Nathan Chalobah (who'd be around 19/20 by then) would be an idea replacement. Of course we'd buy someone else too, to keep up the competition, but Chalobah will certainly be a candidate. Gary Cahill's time is now and that's why, maybe, it wouldn't be right for us to target him.

Like David said, Spurs can offer him a first team role. With King still always injured, Dawson being prone & Gallas/Kaboul being average at best, he's almost guaranteed to play 20+ games over a season.

John Terry isn't Paolo Maldini, just as Lampard isn't Giggs.

Of course, we have Malouda for that.

Is Terry finished? No. Is he getting there? In 2 years, yes. The Maldini example was mindless anyway so won't bother discussing that but even by regular CB standards, JT has had to endure much more in a physical sense. His willingness to play through the pain barrier is well documented. And that I'm afraid is what will hasten his swansong.

Personally though Jones would have been a perfect successor for him but oh well. United did very well for themselves there.

I think Gary Cahill would be an ideal choice to replace terry when the time comes. He will make a great defensive partnership with David Luiz. Right now though, Alex doesn't fit into AVB's squad and Ivanovic is being played as a CB. Come january, AVB will definitely make a move for Cahill