test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

24. Gary Cahill

Started by BlueLion.,

3,295 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Styles said:

He genuinely made Cahill captain because 'he won everything'. He offered no other explanation. Braindead management at its worst.

Or because he's our longest serving regular first team player? He's won everything yeah but he's been here since January 2012 and has very much been involved in every success we've had since then. 

-Kaplan- and MefiX19 like this

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Or because he's our longest serving regular first team player? He's won everything yeah but he's been here since January 2012 and has very much been involved in every success we've had since then. 

That is exactly why he needs to be protected though, this is no way of remembering him when he retires, especially since we are talking about someone who has contributed so much, like you said.

Letting him play and being ridiculed by everyone in the world, even Chelsea fans, isn't something that honours him, is it?

4 hours ago, BlueSunshine said:

That is exactly why he needs to be protected though, this is no way of remembering him when he retires, especially since we are talking about someone who has contributed so much, like you said.

Oh, we'll remember what he's won with us and thank him for his contribution, just like we normally do with every other player, even those lesser ones, but I doubt you'll see anything more.

But on the flip side, you gotta ask, would we actually miss him if we take him out of the team? If you look at the defenders we have right now, he's not better in any way than our other defenders. In the 3 league games without him this season, we looked very solid and stable. Didn't miss him presence one bit. The big thing and arguably the only one that's going for him right now is he's captain. Without it, he would likely be sitting on the bench.

We can barely field an English player, the least we could do is make Cahill captain. 

Honestly, I don't think Conte is daft enough to keep playing an incompetent player when we have 2 very capable CBs waiting. Maybe he was pressured into making that decision. Regardless, it's only a matter of time before Cahill is dropped. A la Iniesta last season.

blueblood22 likes this

typical , turning this way and that, backing off, throws himself down once the shot comes in.

we will never reach our potential with him in the side, but I have no confidence in conte benching him

Leif likes this

Brought on as captain to "calm things down", within a few minutes, he's lucky not to have given away a pen, and he's knocked out courtois, he's such a donkey lmao

19 hours ago, lucio said:

Brought on as captain to "calm things down", within a few minutes, he's lucky not to have given away a pen, and he's knocked out courtois, he's such a donkey lmao

Brought on to protect Alonso I felt as he was on a yellow. Now can we stop taking jibes at Conte for playing Gary? He dropped GC and rightfully so, we looked much better without him. His inclusion against Arsenal was questionable, but two below-par performances after his suspension will make any manager scratch their heads and Conte is no Mourinho with this untouchables bullshit.

Tomo, 11Drogba, Thendo and 1 other like this

20 minutes ago, manpe said:

Brought on to protect Alonso I felt as he was on a yellow. Now can we stop taking jibes at Conte for playing Gary? He dropped GC and rightfully so, we looked much better without him. His inclusion against Arsenal was questionable, but two below-par performances after his suspension will make any manager scratch their heads and Conte is no Mourinho with this untouchables bullshit.

What if Conte rested Cahill for Atleti and Man City? :ph34r:

Amblève. likes this

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

What if Conte rested Cahill for Atleti and Man City? :ph34r:

I think that is true tbh, same with fabregas

On 9/24/2017 at 9:34 AM, Stats said:

Some fans should feel ashamed of themselves with the abuse they give Cahill. I get he is not everyone's cup of tea and when people use constructive criticism of why they want him out but seeing the class of some fans who call one of our own names like 'cunt, donkey, spastic' and making videos taking the piss out of him is pathetic. Just look at what he has contributed for us in the time has been here. Won everything, contributed goals, put his body on line and you get fans treating him the way they do. Really sad.

I guess some people believe Cahill owes them something. As long as he shows effort and passion, that's all most fans want. Crossing the line from criticism to abuse. 

Stats likes this

daily reminder- christensen and rudiger are being benched for this