Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park the bus and counter attack.

That's what I can remember.

Think the more accurate description is defend and counter attack or just counter attack because the setup within that is self-explanatory. Really though, that approach is totally different from 'park the bus'. 'Parking the bus' is basically just putting 10 or even 11 men behind the ball with no intention of scoring or even going forward, which was what West Ham did to us at the Bridge last season. And we didn't do that at City, Arsenal or United, like some others have claimed.

Cahill has quite clearly been on the retard pills since the end of last season. Looked shaky as hell at the World Cup and simply hasn't gotten over it. Some players have to learn their position in the team isn't infallible and need to learn the hard way.

I don't think you'll find any reasonable Chelsea fan calling him shit. But he certainly looks the weak link in the side right now, and his consistent backing-off of players is costing us as much as Ivanovic's half-arsed defending from full-back.

I wonder if its ever possible to change that aspect of his game at this stage...should be wired into his instincts right now.

I think he will forever play the role of the "covering" defender....making that last ditch tackle, or last ditch clearance

curious, does anyone thing GC was retaliating at sanchez for his challenge on Courtois during the le arse match? I know I do the same when I play. Players protect each other & stuff like sanchez's challenge doesn't go unnoticed. Good Defenders protect their keepers & I could see what GC was trying to do.

curious, does anyone thing GC was retaliating at sanchez for his challenge on Courtois during the le arse match? I know I do the same when I play. Players protect each other & stuff like sanchez's challenge doesn't go unnoticed. Good Defenders protect their keepers & I could see what GC was trying to do.

good defenders dont risk getting sent off like that. was a stupid move. luckily the ref was lenient with cards.

good defenders dont risk getting sent off like that. was a stupid move. luckily the ref was lenient with cards.

TBF I have done many stupid things on the pitch, but I have only been sent off one time. Personally as a Big Guy, I play like a protector & I can see GC doing this. Then again I would love to have GC's child. I have to get a daughter first though....Maybe I should goto England & start recruiting Beermaids. I am sure I can get some help for Queen & Country :Goober:

I would have Ivan, Matic, Diego and even Azpi and Tibo as captain before Cahill is even in my thought process.

I like him but he simply isn't captain material.

3 guys who haven't even been here a year? No. Cahill will be next captain.

3 guys who haven't even been here a year? No. Cahill will be next captain.

Desailly was made captain pretty much as soon as he walked through the door.

The best man should get the gig, and for me that isn't Cahill, anyway Terry still has 2-3 years in him yet.