test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

24. Gary Cahill

Started by BlueLion.,

3,182 posts in this topic

It's like he was trying to prove to people that he's a modern, ball playing CB by bringing the ball up and joining the attack. He needs to just stick to the things he's good at and keep his game simple. Stop trying to do too much.

Have seen Morata, Courtois, Azpi and Batshuayi say something about yesterday's game but nothing from the club captain till now...

Just watching the highlights of the game on Sky, it's convenient that they forgot to show Ben Mee's knee-height, studs-up challenge, isn't it? Agenda. 

Still, Cahill was a fucking donkey. He's a walking accident and I suppose it is a blessing in disguise he can't be slaughtered by Harry Kane once more.

Amblève. likes this

21 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

I think him being English is a major reason for why he is captain. Or maybe I am just being cynical. His offensive prowess, if you can even call it that, doesn't justify his defensive lapses enough to warrant being a guaranteed starter.

That, and people also seem to forget that he is currently the longest serving player at the club, that's why initially Ivanovic was the vice captain. I don't think it matters who wears the armband, as long as everyone performs their job, and I don't believe he's undroppable, Conte will surely bench him if he feels someone else can perform better, which will happen sooner or later.

The problem is that Cahill is English. Also, he is homegrown. It will not be easy to get rid of him. But he shouldn't be anywhere near first 11. He lost his starting place for Zouma in 14/15 before so I hope the fact that Cahill is going to miss a few games now he won't be starting after that...

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea haven't appealed against Gary Cahill's red card.

Like there was any point appealing. Perhaps some at the club realized it's a blessing in disguise.
Would give more time for Cahill to prepare for his upcoming IQ Test. Maybe we should bring back Riccy Carvalho to tutor him for a week.

King11Didier and xPetrCechx like this

On 8/13/2017 at 10:32 AM, BlueLion. said:

Just watching the highlights of the game on Sky, it's convenient that they forgot to show Ben Mee's knee-height, studs-up challenge, isn't it? Agenda. 

Still, Cahill was a fucking donkey. He's a walking accident and I suppose it is a blessing in disguise he can't be slaughtered by Harry Kane once more.

Am I the only not who is completely shocked that no one outside Chelsea found that a idiot refere at the home turf of Champions gives a red card in 16th minute to the club captain for a average tackle? During the game I thought all newspapers and pundits would be shocked after the game, but no, they barely mention it.

Damn, we are in for quite a ride this season regarding refs and pundits.

King11Didier likes this

Imo he is captain because

1) He's English and longest serving member.

2) It's a natural progression when the captain (JT) leaves, the vice-captain takes over.

3) He was on-field captain in our title-winning season.

4) He is quite a determined player.

All in all people are making too big a deal out of this captaincy nonsense. Leaders will lead, followers will follow regardless of title or armband.

2) It's a natural progression when the captain (JT) leaves, the vice-captain takes over.

All in all people are making too big a deal out of this captaincy nonsense. Leaders will lead, followers will follow regardless of title or armband.
Just point 1. I doubt he'd even still be here had he not been HG.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
40 minutes ago, manpe said:

Just point 1. I doubt he'd even still be here had he not been HG.

You don't play whole seasons under different managers and CL finals in a club like Chelsea just because you're English, get a grip.

Amblève. and Johnnyeye like this

You don't play whole seasons under different managers and CL finals in a club like Chelsea just because you're English, get a grip.
I'm saying the point about captain regarding his nationality. He isn't the same player that signed, so you need to be aware of that. His contribution in Europe has NOTHING to do my second point.

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm saying the point about captain regarding his nationality. He isn't the same player that signed, so you need to be aware of that. His contribution in Europe has NOTHING to do my second point. emoji106.png

Has Cahill actually even improved since joining us? 5 years on and every time, it's the same issues when we talk about his performances.

DYC. likes this

Has Cahill actually even improved since joining us? 5 years on and every time, it's the same issues when we talk about his performances.

That's it. I was actually happy with the signing and fee to begin with, but the thought that players improve around better teammates hasn't applied to him. Making similar mistakes to the ones that contributed to Bolton's relegation.