test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

24. Gary Cahill

Started by BlueLion.,

3,110 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

HG!

I'm not an advocate of spending money on anyone, but we need to start buying young English players for the long run.

Christensen and Ake are homegrown, that's more than enough for me tbh. And we'll probably keep Cahill next season. So that's 3 HG CBS. 

King11Didier likes this

Christensen and Ake are homegrown, that's more than enough for me tbh. And we'll probably keep Cahill next season. So that's 3 HG CBS. 

Ake's going to stay having been stuck on the bench since being recalled. I would have second thoughts on that.

20 hours ago, the wes said:

Cahill is an Everton level player we need an upgrade in the summer 

Harsh. He wouldn't start over either of Funes Mori or Jagielka. 

5 hours ago, Mceachran said:

I think a true captain would have handed Terry the armband.

Are they allowed to switch armbands on the pitch like that in the PL? I thought it was allowed only when they are substituted....also doubt Terry would have taken it even if it was handed to him.

7 hours ago, Mceachran said:

Cahill may not be our captain comes next season...

10 hours ago, Mceachran said:

i heard JT declined it

Mceachran likes this

11 hours ago, Mceachran said:

Are you kidding me? Full focus should be on seeing the game out and getting the three points, which the players also did.

11 hours ago, Mceachran said:

This was not a time for niceties, this was a time for getting 3 points and doing a professional job on a big night for the club. JT got his moment and will get a bigger moment at the end of the season.

8 hours ago, Mceachran said:

i heard this too and so retract my criticism.  Was just looking an excuse to take another dig at Cahill.  Until next time...

:D

I know u guys hate him but that is like the 5th time he has scored a big big goal this season. Defensively pretty solid too. Maybe verthongen or alderwireld are a tad better defensively but like it or not Cahills killer instinct in front of goal is a massive part of the reason why we will win the league and they will win fuck all.

The Skipper likes this

26 - Only John Terry (40) has scored more @premierleague goals excluding penalties than Gary Cahill among defenders in the competition. Nod.

That was the Opta stat from Apr 25th. He now has 27 to his name. Its good that he's taking on the responsibility of set-piece goal scoring, especially with Terry and Ivanovic not playing, 

And tbh, in the last few games he has been trying to put in captain-like performances to help get us over the line. Trying to take charge of the back line instead of simply playing the role of a covering defender (Of course with Luiz playing as sweeper, he more or less becomes the covering defender).

His last ditch tackle against Lukaku in the first minute was vital, because if Everton would have gone up it could have been a different game. I know he isn´t the best defender out there, but there is no denying that he is an integral part of our back line for years now. 

The Skipper, pHaRaOn and Johnnyeye like this

despite some mistakes, but what defender doesnt make them? Cahill always gives his all for the team, putting his body on the line for the team, making crucial tackles and scoring crucial goals game after game, just like Terry did for us for many years, legend in the making right there. Cheers

Beigl and pHaRaOn like this

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

amazing feat by Cahill it must be said, very crucial player for us, also looking at that list, there are 5 players who played for Chelsea, past and present, incredible. Cheers

King11Didier likes this

To cap off the last few posters' points, the past 3 title challenges (including the failed one in 2013-14), he was a crucial member. He was widely praised for his performances in 14-15, but has gone somewhat under the radar this season amongst Chelsea fans. I think he's done a great job since switching to a back three.

Stats, Johnnyeye and OhForAGreavsie like this