Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your never-ending sugarcoating of players who are either shite or past it isn't much better either. At least I call a spade a spade.

The fact that you call our players shite or past it when they don't deserve that treatment makes me wonder why you bother.

Why don't you just come back 5 minutes before we lift a trophy.

The fact that you call our players shite or past it when they don't deserve that treatment makes me wonder why you bother.

Why don't you just come back 5 minutes before we lift a trophy.

It's all about honesty, which I personally deem to be far more worthy than your holier-than-thou fake diplomacy. Lampard is indeed past it, everyone and the club thought likewise before Mourinho appeared in May with a certain unwritten clause on his contract upon returning. And Cahill, as I've said before, is not a Chelsea player in my eyes.

Ps, don't even bother replying as I'm done with you regarding these two players, you know my stance, I know yours, full stop. You may punch the ignore button if you please.

It's all about honesty, which I personally deem to be far more worthy than your holier-than-thou fake diplomacy. Lampard is indeed past it, everyone and the club thought likewise before Mourinho appeared in May with a certain unwritten clause on his contract upon returning. And Cahill, as I've said before, is not a Chelsea player in my eyes.

Ps, don't even bother replying as I'm done with you regarding these two players, you know my stance, I know yours, full stop. You may punch the ignore button if you please.

Everyone at the club thought likewise? And Cahill is a Chelsea player ,he played yesterday and has had a very good season so far ,much better than Luiz,the team is picked on merit under Jose ,there are no favourites,only players who perform play . You are really only relating your own point of view which is very welcome,but you hardly can speak for "everyone at the club" .

There are cultural as well as personal preferences at play here.

Just watched Spurs game and the commentator declared that a bad tackle from Paulinho led to Newcastle goal. No mention of the terrible pass to Paulinho, of course.

Had it been in Spain for example, I'm sure the focus would've been very different to say the least.

While I agree that a player needs both technical and mental traits to win in football, a player who lacks concentration like David Luiz can, as he has in the past (for Brazil and Chelsea) stay focused for some period of time. Yes, it demands a bit of extra effort from him, and it would be difficult to maintain that throughout a long championship. Team mechanics can help too. Not to mention players do tend to develop that aspect naturally as they age. Now, there is absolutely NOTHING a technically inapt player can do to correct that. More dedication, more training, nothing will help him have a better control of the football, or pick a pass. I reckon that's what ChelseasMessiah hinted at with his hyperbole (chap from the stands bit).

For me Gary is a bit lacking on interceptions/anticipations and a bit too laborious on the ball for a top side. However, even JT struggled in the WBA match, and TBH when the defense line struggles so much, regardless of whoever plays, it's quite obvious the problem isn't there.

its all relative.

would luiz be worth 35mil to barca in the system they play. u can bet everything u have on it. he would be immense for them. a perfect fit to play alongside puyol/pique as the last man.

for us has he been anything close to 24mil. as alex said "NOT A CHANCE IN HELL".

Probably a 35m CDM... Definitely not a 35m defender- NO WAY IN HELL

Probably a 35m CDM... Definitely not a 35m defender- NO WAY IN HELL

you do know that 5'9" Mascherano plays CB for them right? So, I'd think David Luiz would be more of a pure CB than Mascherano.

Plays CB for Brazil too - not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Not many of them are as cowardly and inept as Cahill though, the fulcrum of his game revolves around perennially backing away from players giving them space to do as they please, especially when they are inside the box.

Boy, that is harsh on Cahill. He is definitely one of those players that gives his 100% for the shirt. If Luiz had his attitude, he'd be the best CB in the world with his talent.

But its hard to say he never backs down, but, then again, its his way of defending- waiting for the right moment for the tackle which, in many cases, is exploited by world-class forwards like Benteke and Aguero. I wouldn't call that cowardice. Ridiculous remark.

Boy, that is harsh on Cahill. He is definitely one of those players that gives his 100% for the shirt. If Luiz had his attitude, he'd be the best CB in the world with his talent.

But its hard to say he never backs down, but, then again, its his way of defending- waiting for the right moment for the tackle which, in many cases, is exploited by world-class forwards like Benteke and Aguero. I wouldn't call that cowardice. Ridiculous remark.

It may be harsh to some, but it's true nonetheless.

Perfect for yesterday percentage defending ,no risks and a clean sheet in a tricky away game . A centre half is first and foremost a defender and that is his primary job we looked very solid at the back with him and JT defending properly .

We didn't look solid against WBA.

Being unjustly left out may have effected his confidence ,our best duo by a long way is Cahill and JT as seen this season . He deserves a run now, the christmas period is all about defending properly and being hard to score against and him and JT are best for that .