The FM Thread

.Cee

Bought the game sometime last week and just completed my first season with Everton. Made a few tasty transfers in the summer, got this hyped Colombian centre-back called Éder Balanta who was magnificent for me and also managed to get Adnan Januzaj from United on a permanent deal for less than £10m. However, as good as both of those players were for me the best deal was a direct exchange between John Heitinga and Keisuke Honda, almost feel bad for ripping off CSKA with that one. :lol:

Finished fourth in the league which came as a huge surprise because I started the season badly and my squad was very thin. Around Christmas my key players Coleman and Barkley got injured for a few months but somehow I still managed to win matches, though I had to drop out of both cups on purpose because my squad sure as hell couldn't have survived any extra games. Lukaku finished top scorer of the PL alongside Van Persie with 19 goals, will try to buy Lukaku on a permanent deal once the window opens but at the moment I'm not so confident about getting him. Mirallas was definitely my best player this year, ended the season with 15 Premier League goals and 9 assists too. He was quiet in the first half of the season and at some point I even considered selling him in January but I'm so glad I didn't, lad was on fire when the race for top4 really began!

I'll have to sell Leighton Baines because he demanded a transfer to a bigger club around March and said it was unrealistic for us to qualify for the Champions League. Have fun at Manchester City who finished 8th, you fucking cunt!

The game is really broken at the minute tbh, the amount of games you go 20-2 shots, 7 vs 0 CCC, and lose 0-1 are way too common. An AI corner almost equals a penalty and the keepers haven't been this retarded for ages.

I had fun pre 14.2 with a no-striker formation(Hazard scored 55 in all competitions just lobbing the keeper every time, winning ballon d'or in 2014, lol) but now it's just too frustrating and inconsistent imo.

Adjusting your d-line to your opponents play seems to be key this year, no more watching key highlights I'm afraid :(

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The game is really broken at the minute tbh, the amount of games you go 20-2 shots, 7 vs 0 CCC, and lose 0-1 are way too common. An AI corner almost equals a penalty and the keepers haven't been this retarded for ages.

I had fun pre 14.2 with a no-striker formation(Hazard scored 55 in all competitions just lobbing the keeper every time, winning ballon d'or in 2014, lol) but now it's just too frustrating and inconsistent imo.

Adjusting your d-line to your opponents play seems to be key this year, no more watching key highlights I'm afraid :(

Haven't had any of those issues, though I've only played around 40 games so it's still way too early to say. Maybe your tactics just suck? :P

Haven't had any of those issues, though I've only played around 40 games so it's still way too early to say. Maybe your tactics just suck? :P

Maybe :)

I doubt it though, have a look on the SI forums or Fm-base, you'll see what I mean

Maybe :)

I doubt it though, have a look on the SI forums or Fm-base, you'll see what I mean

I believe you, these games are always buggy as hell. :lol:

Just got the budgets for the new season at Everton, surprisingly high at £23m and £200k more wages. Had a look at the transfer list and there are some tempting bargains there, for example Schürrle and Capoue both available for around £5m. Will also have to get someone to replace the cunt Baines, anyone have any wonderkid suggestions for LWB?

I believe you, these games are always buggy as hell. :lol:

Just got the budgets for the new season at Everton, surprisingly high at £23m and £200k more wages. Had a look at the transfer list and there are some tempting bargains there, for example Schürrle and Capoue both available for around £5m. Will also have to get someone to replace the cunt Baines, anyone have any wonderkid suggestions for LWB?

Nicolai Boilesen, doing great in my ajax save. Not sure how how much he'll cost you but I bet Blind is being played ahead of him in your save, so you might not need to break the bank.

Nicolai Boilesen, doing great in my ajax save. Not sure how how much he'll cost you but I bet Blind is being played ahead of him in your save, so you might not need to break the bank.

Thanks for the suggestion but the lad doesn't want to join Everton. :D

Jonathan Silva from Estudiantes could be decent for Everton

Says I wouldn't be able to secure a work permit for him. Anyway, budget is already gone so I decided to make Bryan Oviedo my first choice left-back and get some dummy to play second fiddle to him. Oviedo was a decent enough backup for Baines last season and still has potential to become better if given regular first team football. Will be keeping an eye on this Silva guy though, looks a good player and if at some point I have more money and he has played well enough to get a work permit I may get him.

Mourinho has really lost the plot in my save. He bought a mediocre Jeremy Menez for £36m and to make way for the new signing he sold me Schürrle and De Bruyne for £6,5m each. Wasn't really planning on making moves for any Chelsea players bar Lukaku but the way Jose's giving away quality players is insane and I felt compelled. :lol:

Says I wouldn't be able to secure a work permit for him. Anyway, budget is already gone so I decided to make Bryan Oviedo my first choice left-back and get some dummy to play second fiddle to him. Oviedo was a decent enough backup for Baines last season and still has potential to become better if given regular first team football. Will be keeping an eye on this Silva guy though, looks a good player and if at some point I have more money and he has played well enough to get a work permit I may get him.

Mourinho has really lost the plot in my save. He bought a mediocre Jeremy Menez for £36m and to make way for the new signing he sold me Schürrle and De Bruyne for £6,5m each. Wasn't really planning on making moves for any Chelsea players bar Lukaku but the way Jose's giving away quality players is insane and I felt compelled. :lol:

Lol, de Bruyne is brilliant in FM14, he's worth 38mill in my save, very good business =)

CM in a 5-1-3-1 formation without a striker, everything goes down the middle, the CM's feed the AMC (as shadow striker), so he gets tons of assists.

Okay. I've also been preparing a 4-3-3 formation with no striker because I simply don't have anyone good enough after Lukaku's loan ended. In attack I'd have Schürrle as an inside forward on the left and Mirallas on the right as a playmaking winger, then maybe Januzaj as a 'shadow striker' through the middle. In central midfield there's Honda and De Bruyne feeding them and Capoue playing as an anchor man. Haven't tried it yet, will probably fail miserably but at the moment that's the best I can do!

Okay. I've also been preparing a 4-3-3 formation with no striker because I simply don't have anyone good enough after Lukaku's loan ended. In attack I'd have Schürrle as an inside forward on the left and Mirallas on the right as a playmaking winger, then maybe Januzaj as a 'shadow striker' through the middle. In central midfield there's Honda and De Bruyne feeding them and Capoue playing as an anchor man. Haven't tried it yet, will probably fail miserably but at the moment that's the best I can do!

Hehe yea, thats what makes it fun though, failing and tweaking until you get it right. Play with your defensive line though, it's really important, can't stress it enough =p

If you're heavily favourite you should often drop deeper or much deeper or you won't create much, when underdog push up and play offside trap. Ideally you need to watch your backline during the game as well, as in FM14 the match engine adjusts to circumstances a lot more than previous years. Maybe Im stating the obvious here, but just saying ^^

Finished the second season at Everton (I know, I play this game way too much at the moment but I'm on holiday).

Placed ninth in the league with a negative goal-difference but with the flukiest campaign ever I somehow managed to win the Champions League. :cool:

No idea what happened there really, the players just weren't motivated for the league games and couldn't beat anyone no matter what I did so I found myself in the bottom half at Christmas. At that point I decided to give up on the PL, started resting my key players in the league matches and went all-in with the European campaign. Much to my surprise the lads went all the way and comfortably too. Had some luck with the draws though, group stage was tough with Dortmund and Atletico (CL winners from previous season) but I managed to place second and after that it was smooth sailing with facing the likes of Porto, Shakhtar and an injury-plagued Juventus before meeting Monaco in the final. Like me, Monaco were having a difficult season in the league and the clueless chairman even sacked their manager Marcelo Bielsa two days before the final so it was easy pickings for me. They even offered me a job interview on the day of the final but I told them to go fuck themselves and hammered them 3-0 in the final. :lol:

Finished the second season at Everton (I know, I play this game way too much at the moment but I'm on holiday).

Placed ninth in the league with a negative goal-difference but with the flukiest campaign ever I somehow managed to win the Champions League. :cool:

No idea what happened there really, the players just weren't motivated for the league games and couldn't beat anyone no matter what I did so I found myself in the bottom half at Christmas. At that point I decided to give up on the PL, started resting my key players for the league matches and went all-in with the European campaign. Much to my surprise the lads went all the way and comfortably too. Had some luck with the draws though, group stage was tough with Dortmund and Atletico (CL winners from previous season) but I managed to place second and after that it was smooth sailing with facing the likes of Porto, Shakhtar and an injury-plagued Juventus before meeting Monaco in the final. Like me, Monaco were having a difficult season in the league and the clueless chairman even sacked their manager Marcelo Bielsa two days before the final so it was easy pickings for me. They even offered me a job interview on the day of the final but I told them to go fuck themselves and hammered them 3-0 in the final. :lol:

FM at its best :D