The FM Thread

.Cee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First thing I do is sell Torres and replace him with Cavani. I can't believe they've actually made him better. What bullshit!

Yeah I know, but isnt this good for us? I mean, a couple of extra money is always good!

What a match this was. First knockout round in the Champions League, result of the first leg was 1-1. El Shaarawy got himself sent off in the 3rd minute but everything looked to be going my way when André Ayew scored two goals inside 30 minutes, pretty much the only chances I got when playing with only ten men. However, in the second half Lyon really stepped up their game and scored a two goals and it looked very much like game over, especially when my captain Papadopoulos got himself sent off as well in the 74th minute, forcing my team to play the rest of the match with only nine men. Lyon then scored their third goal, making it 3-4 on aggregate and as they had three away goals too, I needed to score at least two goals without conceding to qualify for the next round. I desperately switched my team mentality to overload and changed everyone's role to attack, leaving only a 19-year-old centre back in defense all by himself as I even pushed my full-backs more higher up the pitch and the other CB was already red carded.

In the final ten minutes of the match, the impossible happened with Cavani scoring two great wondergoals and Juan Mata then finishing them off with a goal from my own half after their keeper was up in my box for a set-piece. Probably the greatest FM match I've ever played.

Had a similar game in FM11 before...

RM1-3C.jpg

It probably wasn't as dramatic as yours but the game against Madrid was still pretty crazy for me especially when I have a poor record against them.

Lost the 1st leg 1-0 at home. Leveled the tie immediately straight from kick off, which was good and helpful. Madrid scored but didn't matter. Still need another to progress but then Pjanic gets sent off. Down 10 men. Continued playing the same way(went with 4-2-2-2 originally) but only 1 ST after the sending off. Got the 2nd goal, yay but then another red card! Had to defend with 9 men and even managed to keep them at arm's length. Hardly any pressure from them as the shots count suggest. Caught them on the counter later on, got a penalty, bam 3-1 and game over! :D

Norwich were dire in FM 12. i went with a suicidal 4-4-2 formation. Grant Holt was a waste of space from day One . got sacked in March.relegated in April. then joined Burnley. was too far behind to catch up with the playoffs. now signing South African NT players for Burnley

Is there some kind of roster patch which has the latest team rosters? If there isn't then one from summer of 2012 would do too. I am in the mood to kick some ass but I want to do it with the latest squad.

Started a new Chelsea save. In my second season. Managed to sell Torres to Arsenal for £11.5m and sign Rooney for £25m + Marin :ph34r:

Cech;

Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Cole;

Mikel, Benat;

Hazard, Mata, Schurrle;

Rooney.

It's kinda sad how much I'm destroying teams. heh.

I rotate Azpi + Ivanovic depending on who we face and of course Zouma is young so doesn't start every game. But anyway, I'm happy with this XI :D

• 2 weeks later...

with Portsmouth atm. No money, no prospect of money. just 18 guys in the squad but it helps that few of them are utility players who fill more than 1 position

anyone know great players for less than 250k? (FM 12)

with Portsmouth atm. No money, no prospect of money. just 18 guys in the squad but it helps that few of them are utility players who fill more than 1 position

anyone know great players for less than 250k? (FM 12)

http://www.fmscout.com/a-free-players-in-fm-2012.html

Have a look through the list..

R0BhA1O.png

Counter-attacked with authority. Won with relative ease with Nwankwo Kanu, who was awful all season pitching in as lone-striker

Promoted to the Premier League and board gives me 20mil to spend. Not very realistic but yay! 20 mil

R0BhA1O.png

Counter-attacked with authority. Won with relative ease with Nwankwo Kanu, who was awful all season pitching in as lone-striker

Promoted to the Premier League and board gives me 20mil to spend. Not very realistic but yay! 20 mil

is this FM 12?

yep. 12.

Is Demba Ba any good in the game? Newcastle got relegated and I signed him for 5mil.

Depends on how you use Demba Ba...I remember Demba Ba doing well as a poacher with 2 attacking midfielders just behind him in my Lyon save..

He's also decent as a left-sided forward.

Haven't had the time to play much in the last month or so but I finally finished my fifth season with Schalke. Here's how my season was:

Won the Bundesliga title with record-breaking 88 points and a goal difference of +85. A bit too easy for my liking, seeing as Bayern Munich were second with only 63 points.

Won the DFB Pokal, beating Bayern Munich in the final on penalties. Oh how I love beating Bayern on penalties. :ph34r:

Runners-up in the Champions League. Lost the final to Liverpool, the team my brother manages (this one's a network game with me and him as the only two players).

My standout players this season:

Q90mwGE.jpg

ij4XmrF.jpg

DRuKv0e.jpg

Cavani with another hell of a season. The other two are the regens I've already posted here before, both have developed massively over the season and cemented their places in my starting lineup. It's scary how good they both are already at the age of 19, I can't even imagine how good they'll be when they're fully developed.

The Ballon d'Or runner-up Rodrigo was injured for much of the second half of the season but still managed to get 26 goals and 17 assists with an average rating of 8.06.

Juan Mata hasn't exactly been at his best during the three seasons he's been in my team so I decided to get rid of him for next season and replace him with Eden Hazard, who just so happened to request a transfer away from Chelsea after they finished only eighth last season in the Premier League. Mata looks to be on his way to Real Madrid for a fee of around 25 million and Hazard will cost me £53m. It's a lot but considering my club just made a profit of £50m last season I think I can afford him. Hazard will be my first big buy since Cavani, will be interesting to see how he'll fit in. I may have to start training him for a right wing role as Rodrigo will definitely be playing a lot on the left wing and I don't have any central attacking mids in my tactics.