.Cee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just brought this and I'm about to download the patch so I have Torres & Luiz.

Can anyone give me a quick guide on how to download the player faces/club crests etc? Any help would be great as I dont want to mess it up lol.

Just brought this and I'm about to download the patch so I have Torres & Luiz.

Can anyone give me a quick guide on how to download the player faces/club crests etc? Any help would be great as I dont want to mess it up lol.

It's all in here mate...they have guides and everything :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/

I downloaded this, but I'm still stuck on FM10, me and my friends started a network game in fm10 and no one wants to abandon it, it's too much fun. We should start a network game on this forum.

After playing network games, I can't play FM alone at all now, no fun at all lol.

I downloaded this, but I'm still stuck on FM10, me and my friends started a network game in fm10 and no one wants to abandon it, it's too much fun. We should start a network game on this forum.

After playing network games, I can't play FM alone at all now, no fun at all lol.

i have fm09. game for a network match on it?

dont have 09 anymore, just 10 and 11, i'd be down for a network on either of those, preferably 10 cause i haven't played 11 at all yet, so i don't know any of the new things yet.

11 aint a lot differant than 10.. more enjoyable and a few new features.. i like it better, though it seems a little more difficult.

The latest on the January transfer patch is, Miles Jacobson, who works for SI (Sports Interactive) who develop Footbamm Manager, is hopeful of a release date towards the end of next week, if they can completely clear up the Crash Dump situation

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just gone on a 181 game unbeaten run in all competitions stretching from season 2 to season 6 then what goes and fucking happens i go and lose 5-0 away to West Brom Albion with Fortune scoring 4, game after i draw to Derby then after that i lose at home to West Ham doh.gif

Although picking up again the new unbeaten run is up to 4 (all wins) smiliecap1.gif only 178 to go till i beat the old record laugh.gif

Been playing as Chelsea. I'm in year 2017 so far. Chelsea has a new stadium (This means I need to play for a long long time before I get them to build a new one that's gonna be named after me). This year it seems to be more difficult to win the Champions League. One good thing is that I got Messi on a free transfer.

Lampard retired after last season,he was like 38 or 39. Drogba was about 37-38 when he retired. Terry is 36 and still going.

Lampard and Drogba became coaches and Terry wants to become one too when he retires.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wished to share some tips with you because I feel it can help you if you play with Chelsea :)

First thing when you start your game, I'd advise you to start with staff. Get an new assistant manager. I usually bring Sidney Lobo (Brazil assistant) because he's one of the best assistants in the game and he usually wants to join you.

Get another GK coach (Michelangelo Rampulla or Harald Schumacher I recommend) and set 1 coach to Shot stopping and the other one (Lollichon) to Handling at the training screen (coaches sub menu).

You are pretty alright with our current scouts such as de Visser and Robson and I usually use Robson to scout players I'm interested in because he's 20 20 at judging potential/current ability. However, if you plan on playing the game longer, you should bring as many good scouts as possible because of regens who arrive later. Use the staff search and find some or check some on the internet via google.

You should also bring some youth, regular and 1st team coaches and sack the bad ones.

Sack staff only with MUTUAL CONTRACT TERMINATION because you need to pay them less and they won't get angry. (Mutual contract termination is only possible with the staff that was at the club before you arrived).

TACTICS

My first season was marvelous. I won Premier League, FA cup, Carling cup, UCL, Community Shield and Club World cup next season. I used 2 formations, 4-5-1 more often (which is 4-3-3 basically) and 4-4-2. Simply use the default ones and set the roles according to your players. There is no need to download some custom formations from the internet. Make sure you set these 2 formations at the match preparation so the players get familiar with them.

Screenshot of my 4-5-1.

iQDFnp.png

Torres - poacher attack ( set him as a target man with ball to his feet)

Left wing - either winger, inside forward or advanced playmaker depending on your player. I used Malouda and Zhirkov as wingers, and Neymar as inside forward.

Right wing - same stuff.

Lampard - central midfielder, attack (set him as a playmaker)

Essien - box to box midfielder

Mikel - either defensive midfielder or a deep lying playmaker

Right/Left back I usually set on automatic/full back, and you should set them on attack only if you have an player such as Marcelo who is not good defensively.

Central backs are set on central defender with defend, though I did use Luiz a few times with a stopper role rather then defend one. Try it out.

GK - you know what to do...

My 4-4-2 on the other hand didn't give me consistent performances and I used it to shock my opponents mostly. I have beaten Barcelona 4:0 in UCL final with 4-4-2, and Man City 6:0, but my team also struggled with some weaker teams.

Wingers are pretty much the same.

I used striker combination of poacher(attack) and target man(attack, support).

MY PLAYERS

Make sure you always keep your players as highly motivated as possible because that affects their performances tremendously.

Torres - unleash his full fury by playing him as a poacher(attack) while being a target man with a ball at his feat. He was unstoppable for me 1st season and he could've bagged even more goals if I didn't rotate him. My key player.

exd9cp.png

Alex - he wasn't a 1st team regular because of Luiz (and his great performances) but whenever he played he was a class, and he bagged 10 goals from corners on 22 apps(11 subs) from far post and some of those goals were very important.

Luiz - very consistent and good 1st season with avg rating of 7.69. 12 goals from corners (far post too) though he played more then Alex.

Hamsik - Napoli offered him to me for 20mil euros and he's an almost perfect Lampard replacement. Great attacking midfielder, good pass and all good with set pieces. I got him on my 2nd season (currently ongoing) so I can't tell you too much, but I am pretty satisfied with him.

Neymar - Disappointing for the money paid. Extremely terrible finishing, but he still didn't blend into the team and I believe he'll come out good. You must improve his finishing and strength a.s.a.p.

Sanchez - He was pretty good his 1st season (won EPL young player of the year, avg rating 7.32), 14 goals 8 assists, played almost all matches, but his main problem is only 10 at finishing and crossing. You need to improve those stats also.

Van der Wiel - I won't recommend you buy him. Injury prone (the most out of all my players) and also prone to mistakes.

Better go for this guy:

jC1AXW.png

Ivanovic - played 85% of my matches as a RB and I was pleased. No mistakes, a few assists and consistent performances.

Drogba - totally blown away by Torres. He was assisting, but he struggled to score. If you bring Lukaku make sure you tutor him with Drogba because it gives you great results. Rotting on bench now and eating my wages :P

Anelka - used him as my backup for Sanchez and he did well. Good backup for your right wing.

Sturridge - seemed like a great sub though I got him back at my 2nd season so no further info. His stats aren't special, but he seems very motivated and determinated.

Kakuta - didn't play too much when he was on loan at Fulham. I sent him on loan at Fiorentina where he is a 1st team regular so well see how that goes. Solid performances so far.

CWCgh9.png

Daniel Kofi Agyei - young player from Fiorentina. Tutored by Essien. (-9 prospect which means he's very talented, but it depends on you to develop him). Good so far, I'll send him on loan next season.

Matej Delac - Great young keeper. I plan to replace Cech with him in a few years. As for now, either good loans or cup matches for him. -9 prospect. Tutor him by Cech, though I don't know the outcome since it's still ongoing.

Josh Mceachran - Give him chances in UCL and FA/Carling cups and send him on a loan later. He's pretty good. -9 prospect. Tutor him with Lampard.

RECOMMENDED PLAYERS

Juan Manuel Mata. Beast stats, great crossing and finishing which my current wingers lack. I feel sorry for not getting him.

0A1gF0.png

Guisepe Rossi. Young with great stats. Similar player to Torres.

gQP1er.png

Ganso. He has the same potential ability such as Fabregas (186) and you should get him. Give him some time to adopt though because he's a resolute character. If you don't sign him from Santos you better forget about him because he'll be very expensive later on.

WVrPwA.png

You should understand something when it comes to FM11 player overalls. They are around 100-180 and similar. The higher the number is, the better the player is. Messi for example has 190 and something with potential one of over 200. Fabregas is 170 and something with potential of 186 (same as Ganso). Younger players have low current abilities and a negative number for their potential ability. The higher the negative number is, the better players they can become. I have only seen -9 prospects so far. -10 are yet to be uncovered, but I believe they came as regens. Some like Neymar though have an formed potential ability and are safer to develop.

MY TRANSFERS

fKcw0C.png jqWEk6.png

I have a lot of players now. I'll settle my squad at the end of season. Some older players will have to leave.

Well that would be all, post your tips and tricks if you have them and feel free to ask me something if you have.

I start unemployed or with lower league teams, that's the actual challenge in these games.

It is, but unfortunately I don't have too much time for playing.

I've never played a Football Manager game. Are they better than Fifa 11?

Just as the name says, it's a MANAGER game. The goal is not to play football like in Fifa, but to manage a team. If you like that, I'd recommend it to you. It is complex and very detailed and one of my favorite games.

Thanks for these tips, I will try them tonight

At the moment I play a 4-2-2-2

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Terry A.Cole

Lampard Essien

Sanchez--------Malouda

Torres Aguero

Take a look at Mata as a replacement for Malouda if you want ;)

Good formation ;)