What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

Absolutely love Stephen King, got most of his many books now. Am currently reading "Insomnia" by King - very good so far, only near the beginning.

Very much looking forward to reading 11/22/63, looks excellent. If you think it is his best thing for 7-8 years that bodes well because i thought Duma Key and Under The Dome were just brilliant.

Have you got around to reading it yet mate?

Just finished reading a few of Lovecraft's short stories, chilling stuff. Next up is The Motorcycle Diaries :)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever heard of Sidney Sheldon? I think all of his books were number 1 New York Times Bestsellers List at one point, and he was a producer of some American comedies in the 60s.

Anyway, I've just gotten introduced to his books, and I am really enjoying "Master of the Game":

Master_Of_The_Game.jpg

The Trial by Franz Kafka.

Very, very, very boring. It's never taken me so long to read such a short book.

lol I remember the book. You will be perfectly fine if you read only the first and the last page to get the story. The middle of it is just Kafka's style.

American Front, the first book in the "Great War" portion of Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series. Turtledove eventually got lazy and turned the Confederate States into a parallel of Nazi Germany, while inserting out-of-place sex scenes and references to zinc oxide.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just finished « The Prince » by Niccolo Machiavelli and « The Future of an Illusion » by Sigmund Freud. Two short and enlightening books. I advise these books too you all.

And Ima start to read « Divina Commedia », by Dante Allighieri.

« The Future of an Illusion » by Sigmund Freud.

Excellent book. For some reason I can't help but agree with Freud whenever any of his writings. He can always explain somewhat complicated theories in a fairly simple manner.

I'd recommend reading "Civiliaztion and it's Discontents" if you haven't read it yet. Best book Freud ever wrote.

Not reading, but will take the book really soon.

Andrzej Sapkowski, The Sword of Destiny. I've read his previos work, The Last Wish. Really enjoyed it.

The games take long engough to finish so I can't imagine what the books are like. The second one has been a pain in my ass for a while.

I'm still procrastinating reading The Trial.

• 2 weeks later...