What are you reading?

Bir_CFC

@, have you tried reading The Kingkiller Chronicle?

This is what GRR Martin had to say about the second book of the unfinished trilogy (Patrick Rothfuss said the third and final book will be released in 2014): "[THE WISE MAN’S FEAR] was worth the wait. I gulped it down in a day, staying up almost to dawn reading, and I am already itching for the next one. He's bloody good, this Rothfuss guy."

@Jype, I just finished The Last Ring Bearer, want me to start a PM about it?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought the Hunger Games trilogy and all 5 books from the A Song Of Ice and Fire (Game Of Thrones) series. Should keep me occupied for some time - looking forward to reading them after I finish my exams.

i also brought the 5 bookstumblr_mf2px1bBLt1s0xbgfo1_400.jpg

a good price too at £30. i have also read the hunger games - the first 2 are really good and hard to put down but i didnt enjoy the 3rd so much and took awhile reading it. as for game of thrones it is incredible - there is is so much background detail and history within it and paints a vivid picture in my mind. the tv adaption has done a good job on it thankfully.

Just bought the Hunger Games trilogy and all 5 books from the A Song Of Ice and Fire (Game Of Thrones) series. Should keep me occupied for some time - looking forward to reading them after I finish my exams.

Good choices! Just read the HG trilogy too and straight after my exams finished I started reading ASOIAF. Great minds think alike, it would seem. Or not, because @Rmpr has been reading these books too. :Goober:

HG was decent, took only a week to finish the whole trilogy though so there wasn't a lot to read. In ASOAIF there's much more and so far I've read only around two thirds of the first part, A Game of Thrones. Having watched two and a half seasons of the TV series I pretty much knew what to expect and it hasn't disappointed. Looking forward to getting to the parts which haven't yet been shown on TV, if I'm not mistaken the third season is largely based on the third book, A Storm of Swords. Might take a while till I reach that point, these books are massive. :lol:

Inferno just arrived in the mail today. Not really looking forward to it as I didn't like any of DB's books after Angels and Demons but I'm hoping he proves me wrong here

Dan-Brown-Inferno.jpg

Inferno just arrived in the mail today. Not really looking forward to it as I didn't like any of DB's books after Angels and Demons but I'm hoping he proves me wrong here

Let me know what you think because I was the same, I felt the others were rushed and not well developed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@, have you tried reading The Kingkiller Chronicle?

This is what GRR Martin had to say about the second book of the unfinished trilogy (Patrick Rothfuss said the third and final book will be released in 2014): "[THE WISE MAN’S FEAR] was worth the wait. I gulped it down in a day, staying up almost to dawn reading, and I am already itching for the next one. He's bloody good, this Rothfuss guy."

I haven't, no. Might head over to Amazon and purchase the first two books...

Im addicted to fantasy as well .... I love this - down to part three now

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Got the first book of that on my shelf to read at some point.....

Currently reading "Earth Unaware" the first book in the first formic war trilogy from the "Enders Game" series of books...

Got the first book of that on my shelf to read at some point.....

Currently reading "Earth Unaware" the first book in the first formic war trilogy from the "Enders Game" series of books...

Cool!!

I loved Master Magician, Maryson + pretty mych everything from Hobb as well.

about to start reading 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry'

It's a bit of a bore tbh! In my opinion anyway lol. Goes on for way too long which is a bit annoying considering nothing's actually happening (I know that's the point but still...)

Would love to know your thoughts once you're done tho!

isnt there like 15 books in that series?

Yeah I think there is. I started reading them until I got to book 8 some years ago. Then at the library some asshole loaned the three next volumes and never returned them ....

So since kindle .... I restarted. Its gonna take me a long time :-) My wife will hate me!

It's a bit of a bore tbh! In my opinion anyway lol. Goes on for way too long which is a bit annoying considering nothing's actually happening (I know that's the point but still...) Would love to know your thoughts once you're done tho!

Okay, SLP took some time to get into it. But absolutely will post my thoughts on it for you! (I bought it as it was included in a buy one, get one free deal!)

Okay, SLP took some time to get into it. But absolutely will post my thoughts on it for you! (I bought it as it was included in a buy one, get one free deal!)

Ah I was referring to The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, not SLP! Haven't read that one yet, planning on starting it once my exams are done :D

Ah I was referring to The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, not SLP! Haven't read that one yet, planning on starting it once my exams are done

That's what I was referring to when I would give you my thoughts for TUPOHF! Yeah, same after exams though aah!