Frank Lampard

DavidEU

It is high risk and on the face of things expensive -but what was the appointment of Useless Sack of Shit Grant ? and all the other hangers on ? Personally I think Lampard would be quite happy to sign for a four year deal. The thing is, these players entrust their careers to agents whose task is to get the 'best deal'. The reality is the 'best deal' doesnt neccesarily have to be money orientated. Its not like they have to sign on the dole when they finish playing. I understand players have a short career, but they're all multi millionaires several times over, and it's not like he'd be out of a job.

The other mitigating factor could be the loss of his mum, and a complete change of scenery is required.

But how much does one extra year cost against the tens of millions the board will spend on trying to find a replacement ?

Kenyon's a bastard! He came to Chelsea as Ferguson's secret agent, to cripple them!! I bet getting rid of Lampard in 5 years was one of his main goals.

Just think, the bad deal with Arsenal between G*llas and Cole, and now this?? I'm telling you, Kenyon is still working for Fergie somehow :mad:

KENYON OUT!!!

Edited by CJ Revo

But look at it from the other side, what is a year to Frank? He will earn something like £30m for the 4 years he is going to be offered to play for the club he wants to stay at.

The problem the club has is if they do offer that then they are going to have everyone knocking on their door asking for the same, Ballack is up for renewal, he will want a deal till he is 35 and so on...

But the fact is, a player who has lived through a club he loves virtually for many years, would jump at the chance to sign for any number of years, why would he want an extra year? I can't understand, and if he did want 5 years to his contract, why can't the Chelsea board offer him that?? Why are they being so cheap??

But the fact is, a player who has lived through a club he loves virtually for many years, would jump at the chance to sign for any number of years, why would he want an extra year? I can't understand, and if he did want 5 years to his contract, why can't the Chelsea board offer him that?? Why are they being so cheap??

To minimise their risk. On 5 years they risk having a player who is only going to decline and possibly suffer more injuries on the highest wage at the club. Also they risk every player wanting the same at that stage....

But look at it from the other side, what is a year to Frank? He will earn something like £30m for the 4 years he is going to be offered to play for the club he wants to stay at.

The problem the club has is if they do offer that then they are going to have everyone knocking on their door asking for the same, Ballack is up for renewal, he will want a deal till he is 35 and so on...

Lampard to my mind is a case on his own-apart from maybe JT who'd warrant 'special' dispensation. His service has been remarkable -and another years contract is just like a golden handshake that Buck, Kenyon etc would get anyway. It is mercenary of Steve Kunter to ask for this, but fuck it the club can afford it.

Hmmm, Jose's comments a while ago seem to all make sense now. Something along the lines of "Frank will not come this season because Chelsea will not sell, but Frank will 100% be at Inter next season"

I wonder how long this may have been planned for?

Buck saying he'll keep Lampard for another year. Fucking stupid. He wont be half the player he has been -no challenges, no 50/50s as one bad injury will mean no contract anywhere else.

Either let him go or give him 5 years. Its a lot of cash for a greedy player, or more likely a greedy Steve Kunter, ...but CFC have squandered millions on Bogarde, Veron, Mutu and countless other fuck ups before.

If he gets the five years the club would know they would get two, possibly three excellent seasons out of the badge kisser.....

He wants to retire at Chelsea, for that to be absolutely certain, he'll definitely need a long contract.. 4-5 years definitely.. else in a2 yr contract, another change of manager or scolari losing faith and he could be so easily asked to leave or his contract not being renenwed, when he'd have liked to go on as a player..

These are the things from franks perspective..

The club's perspective is fairly obvious.. and is shared by many fans over here..

and I for one, don't blame either party..

the only way i'd hold a grudge, is if the club sold him.. cos you don't cash in on legends, certainly not for 8 million and when they don't wanna leave..

or if Frank handed in a transfer request.. all that talk of retiring and love..

Lampard tells Chelsea pals he's off

Frank Lampard is ready to leave Chelsea.The Daily Express says he has told his team-mates he intends to quit the club after seven years to join Inter Milan, where he has been told he would be a great success by new Blackburn Rovers boss and former Inter star Paul Ince.

Lampard was infuriated on Tuesday by the club's claims that all was well and that he wanted to stay, with new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari caught in the crossfire in his first week in the job.

A Chelsea source said last night: "Frank sees no future at the club now. He feels totally let down."