Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Mata is terrible from corners and FKs where he attempts to cross. Always hits the first defender. I think Lampard should cross from FKs while Mata should shoot.

Drogba scored the equalizer in Munich thanks to his fantastic cross, so you definitely can't say he's terrible.

Drogba scored the equalizer in Munich thanks to his fantastic cross, so you definitely can't say he's terrible.

And I've also seen him waste tens of corners last season by hitting the first defender, one corner does not make him a good corner taker no matter how important that corner was.

Even the one in Munich wasn't the best corner in the world, he aimed for the near post as usual and it really should have been a defenders ball if it weren't for Drogba's sheer physicality and will power.

And I've also seen him waste tens of corners last season by hitting the first defender, one corner does not make him a good corner taker no matter how important that corner was.

Even the one in Munich wasn't the best corner in the world, he aimed for the near post as usual and it really should have been a defenders ball if it weren't for Drogba's sheer physicality and will power.

I can't believe you're giving Drogba all the credit. That's pretty much like saying Hazard's pass to Ivanovic yesterday wasn't the best pass in the world, he simply sent the ball to the right flank and it should have been a defenders ball if it wasn't for Ivanovic's sheer physicality and will power.

Drogba scored the equalizer thanks to a Mata assist. Probably if it weren't for Mata's cross, he'd never have scored that goal. And we wouldn't be European Champions right now, and Drogba would probably still be a Chelsea player...

I can't believe you're giving Drogba all the credit. That's pretty much like saying Hazard's pass to Ivanovic yesterday wasn't the best pass in the world, he simply sent the ball to the right flank and it should have been a defenders ball if it wasn't for Ivanovic's sheer physicality and will power.

Drogba scored the equalizer thanks to a Mata assist. Probably if it weren't for Mata's cross, he'd never have scored that goal. And we wouldn't be European Champions right now, and Drogba would probably still be a Chelsea player...

awesome sig btw.

So you're basically saying that a pass is good as long as it is an assist and I have to disagree. There are many other criteria to judge a pass such as ingenuity, accuracy, technique, difficulty...etc Even if Iva had missed the target or had his shot save by the keeper, it would still have been a brilliant pass by Hazard because he managed to put managed to put the whole Wigan defense out of the equation with that turn and perfectly weighted pass. Similarly, Mata's 'okay' corner should not be called brilliant just because Drogba managed to score from it.

Back on topic, despite scoring at the weekend, I don't expect Lampard to reach his usual double figures if he continues to play in the double pivot.

I think he will. I think it'll be another 15 goal season for Frank. We'll get nine or so more penalties (ten's about right for the season, on average, unless you're United), he'll score at least seven of them. That's eight goals, just from the spot. He can easily get six or seven from open play.

I think he will. I think it'll be another 15 goal season for Frank. We'll get nine or so more penalties (ten's about right for the season, on average, unless you're United), he'll score at least seven of them. That's eight goals, just from the spot. He can easily get six or seven from open play.

Yes but you're assuming that he will be a starter for most of our matches, does he still have the legs for a 50-match season?

Yes but you're assuming that he will be a starter for most of our matches, does he still have the legs for a 50-match season?

He is intelligent enough to know whether yes or not. He has said many times that he wants to continue playing for some years and that he knows he needs to take care of himself. He won't rush himself. He also stated he feels very good and has no problems so far.

He is intelligent enough to know whether yes or not. He has said many times that he wants to continue playing for some years and that he knows he needs to take care of himself. He won't rush himself. He also stated he feels very good and has no problems so far.

I really hope so mate.