Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Thought Frank had a good game.

agreed, I thought he was our second best player in the game. Well he usually plays well when he is involved in the team build ups and spread the ball around like today, problem arises when he pushes forward and try to be in the end of attacks like what he has been doing for most of preseason.

meh Sometimes i think he is more interested in scoring goals, then doing what is best for the team.

agreed, I thought he was our second best player in the game. Well he usually plays well when he is involved in the team build ups and spread the ball around like today, problem arises when he pushes forward and try to be in the end of attacks like what he has been doing for most of preseason.

meh Sometimes i think he is more interested in scoring goals, then doing what is best for the team.

Actually, if you look at Lampard's average position for the game, it's right where it should be. He was ahead of Mikel and behind the front 3 midfielders. Lampard is not a defensive midfield and he's not supposed to be in this formation. He is going to make some runs and Chelsea will be better off for it.

Actually, if you look at Lampard's average position for the game, it's right where it should be. He was ahead of Mikel and behind the front 3 midfielders. Lampard is not a defensive midfield and he's not supposed to be in this formation. He is going to make some runs and Chelsea will be better off for it.

Yes but like it or not, in that double pivot he's playing, Lampard needs to be more discipline and curb his attacking instincts. He showed it last season and why can't he continue it? And it's not like we have to chase the game and push more men forward either. He can't always go wandering further forward and leave the team exposed especially when we can't even keep the ball properly!

Yes but like it or not, in that double pivot he's playing, Lampard needs to be more discipline and curb his attacking instincts. He showed it last season and why can't he continue it? And it's not like we have to chase the game and push more men forward either. He can't always go wandering further forward and leave the team exposed especially when we can't even keep the ball properly!

He still has to make some runs, he just has to time them well and be smart about when he makes them. I think he only made a few runs against Reading and he certainly wasn't shirking his defensive responsibilities. I think calling the system 4-2-3-1 confuses some people (not saying you, just in general). The deep-lying midfielder is not a defensive position. They do have to provide cover but so does everyone except possibly the striker. It's a creative position and Lampard has creativity in spades. The position also does not requires incredible speed. Players like Alonso and Pirlo are fantastic deep-lying midfielders and neither has particularly blazing pace. Long-term, we will need to replace Lampard as a starter, but I see no reason to believe he can't continue to be a very effective player for us this season.

Roberto: I will fight for Frank

ROBERTO DI MATTEO wants Frank Lampard to stay at Chelsea.

England star Lamps is in the final year of his contract — and revealed this week he had not yet been offered a new deal.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4494386/Roberto-Di-Matteo-I-will-fight-for-Frank-Lampard.html

Am I the only one that thinks Lampsy takes best free kicks in Europe? They ain't pretty or really accurate, but they somehow always get in.

If you think he takes the best free kicks in europe you seriously havnt seen many free kicks.

Am I the only one that thinks Lampsy takes best free kicks in Europe? They ain't pretty or really accurate, but they somehow always get in.

No. He always go for power and more often than not, he hits the wall or it goes out for a goal kick. Hardly any techniques in his free kicks. Quite annoying really.

He rarely scores, the last one i can think of was in the semi final against Spurs and that was his first one for a while. if he actually gets it past the wall, that would be an achievement.

Indeed.

You could probably make a case for his penalty kicks, he is very reliable (for the most part) from the spot.

Mata and Hazard should take the free kicks for us from now on.

Indeed.

You could probably make a case for his penalty kicks, he is very reliable (for the most part) from the spot.

Mata and Hazard should take the free kicks for us from now on.

Mata is terrible from corners and FKs where he attempts to cross. Always hits the first defender. I think Lampard should cross from FKs while Mata should shoot.