Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Becks technique is insanely ridiculously good. Even that kick from the sideline that hit the player on the ground. My daughter said "that's pretty accurate". When you watch him in person you see how good his crosses and delivery are. Ignoring the ridiculous hair, how slow he is, his technique is still crazy good.

Sell him, then we can actually get someone to go into to the double pivot who can actually control the tempo of the game and start the attacks from midfield. And we would not have the risk of Lampard moaning and complaining to the media and Roman because he keeps getting dropped. Should get a bit of money even if he is 34 and and slow as fuck, both physically and mentally.

Sell him, then we can actually get someone to go into to the double pivot who can actually control the tempo of the game and start the attacks from midfield. And we would not have the risk of Lampard moaning and complaining to the media and Roman because he keeps getting dropped. Should get a bit of money even if he is 34 and and slow as fuck, both physically and mentally.

Totally disagree w/ your statement there. Maybe sides like spudz or le arse sell their Legends, but I don't want CFC to. Supa is a Legend & I am one of the many that would love to see Supa break the CFC scoring record.

“There’s nothing in that at all.

“I’m here in Los Angeles on holiday with Christine (Bleakley).

“We got engaged here last year and we love it over here.

“Steve’s over here a lot on music and football business, he organised a box, so we could go to see the Galaxy game.

“Becks was suspended for the match, so he came and sat with us and we had a good laugh, that’s all.

“Now I’m really looking forward to getting back to Chelsea. I’m feeling fit and fresh and I’m raring to go.

“My thigh strain is completely healed now and maybe missing the Euros was a blessing in disguise for me.

“I had a full summer off and I’m ready to go back to start the hard work for the new season.

“We’ve more to look forward to with the Super Cup and World Club Championships.”

Lampard on AVB:

Lampard believes Villas-Boas may have learned from adversity and may now be a better boss for it.

He said: “AVB didn’t do well at Chelsea but it was not for the want of anyone trying.

“He wanted to succeed, he wanted to do it his way. But it just didn’t work.

“Not because of any battle between me and him, there was a lot more to it than that.

“He had his plans for the team and that meant me not playing as much as before.

“That was just one part of it, the problems were far bigger and broader than that.

“But as a player you learn off every manager whether they are good, bad or indifferent. I definitely learned in different ways from Andre. It was an interesting time.

“I was always used to having a great relationship with my managers. Everyone I had worked previously with.

“Not having that suddenly made it pretty tough for me at the time.

“It makes you stop and think, it makes you re-evaluate everything you are doing.

“That’s not necessarily a bad thing.

“Now maybe he will be a better manager, a better person for his experience at Chelsea.”

Lampard, 34, certainly expects Villas-Boas to be doubly keen to try and take revenge on his former club when the two teams meet in the new season.

But the Blues hero says he will be working just as hard to make sure Chelsea have the last laugh.

He confessed: “Yes, AVB now being at Spurs will give those derby games even more of an edge.

“They are pretty edgy anyway but this will add even more.

“When I see him I’ll shake his hand and wish him all the best. But then I will try my best to beat him.”

Disregarding how successful or unsuccessful AVB's reign there will be, one things for sure I can see Spurs becoming a bogey team, ala Liverpool last season. AVB has proven himself to be bitter, he will prepare for the game like no other.

Disregarding how successful or unsuccessful AVB's reign there will be, one things for sure I can see Spurs becoming a bogey team, ala Liverpool last season. AVB has proven himself to be bitter, he will prepare for the game like no other.

I hope you are wrong and the return of Three Point Lane will occur under AVB.

Yes but likewise I'm sure our players will have one eye on this game and be really up for it to stick it up AVB. It'll be a massive encounter.

Frank Lampard, fully recovered from the thigh strain that denied him a place in the England squad for Euro 2012, is part of the party that flies to the United States today [saturday]. The vice-captain spoke to Chelsea TV ahead of the trip.

Lampard's last competitive game was the Champions League Final victory but he is far from settling for that from his illustrious career, especially with his club's goalscoring record in reach. And to make the most of the season ahead, the 34-year-old knows the work leading up to it in the weeks beforehand is highly important. America, he says, is good venue for part of it.

'It is a nice trip,' he told the club's own channel.

'We did it a few times in the Jose Mourinho days particularly and with Carlo Ancelotti once and the people are very welcoming there. There are Chelsea fans there as well and the games are great for us and it is an interesting trip. We can slip off now and again for own bit of time and I think all the lads are looking forward to it.

'Football there is big now,' he added. 'I have been out there on holiday recently and people recognise you. They have a team they support and they watch the games on telly. When we started going out there seven or eight years ago it wasn't so much like that, but the fact the Premier League is the best league in the world, people who do like soccer as they call it are getting into it.

'I watched the Euro 2012 final out there in a pub/bar and the atmosphere was brilliant. You could see that the people have taken to footbal.'

It will be the first time Chelsea have headed to the States as European champions which might lead to even greater interest. It is hard not to keep thinking back to the events of May in Munich but Lampard is focusing forward too.

'There is certainly no time to rest on our laurels. Our league form wasn't good enough last season, we weren't consistent enough, and that is something that we have to put right.

'We need to take the Champions League victory and the FA Cup victory as a platform to more rather than settling for that and not pushing on as a club. I am sure with the personnel we have got here, the new signings and the way this club is run, we will keep striving for more.'

Lampard, on 186 Chelsea goals, is just seven behind Kerry Dixon's total and 16 off the all-time record held by Bobby Tambling. It is certainly not impossible he could overtake those in one season but is that firmly in his mind?

'Yes and no. Records are nice and the collective thing is nice as always. The good thing for me was I got the final part of the jigsaw in terms of team trophies and to win the Champions League and the way we did it, for me it was the greatest triumph by an English team in Europe in recent years. Liverpool [in 2005] was amazing as a final but our run that we put together was absolutely incredible so I am just delighted with that. Obviously I want to carry on being personally successful but more importantly than that be a successful part of the team.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2849051,00.html