Frank Lampard

DavidEU

we need to keep lampard because 20 goals a season from a midfielder is hard to replace now a days but if he goes can ballack keep fit and score 20 goals for us because i can not see deco score 20 goals

Frank Lampard will have face-to-face talks with new Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari before deciding whether to stay at Stamford Bridge or move to Inter Milan.

As Chelsea target Deco was officially declared surplus to requirements at Barcelona, Lamps' Blues future appeared more limited than before.

Lampard and his agents are still unhappy with Chelsea's 'final' new contract offer of £130,000 a week. The midfielder, who turns 30 on Friday, wants an extra £20,000 a week on top.

With only one year left on his Blues deal, Inter will open the bidding at just £8million, but the Italian giants will not make their move unless Lampard formally asks for a transfer.

That will not come until the outcome of his talks with Scolari, who is busy guiding Portugal through Euro 2008. But by the time Scolari takes charge at Chelsea and chats with Lampard, the Blues could well have tied up the deal for Deco. The Portuguese midfielder's departure from Barcelona was confirmed as new boss Pepe Guardiola announced that Deco, Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o, who cost the Nou Camp giants £45m between them, could all leave.

Advertisement"We are contemplating the future without them," said Guardiola, who will now step up his efforts to land Dimitar Berbatov (below) from Spurs.

But his £25m bid will be rejected by the White Hart Lane board.

"Ronaldinho and Eto'o would stay if I knew they would score 60 goals," added Guardiola. "If they were at their best they would be with us. If Ronaldinho can get back to being the player he was, perhaps we could have a rethink.

"But I want a strong dressing room in which everyone feels important.

That's vital."

The decisions will see Chelsea start the bidding at £7m for Deco, who has indicated a desire to link up with Scolari at the Bridge

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/06/18/f...89520-20611718/

How can you not be happy with £130000 a week :blink: :huh:

how can you trust media more than frank and kenyon, ok the latter being a bad example.. :P lets say scolari..

We all know FL's salary is around 120000. Chelsea offered him a better contract which I beleive as to be MORE than 120000 and hence the figure 130000 come into the pic, but FL seems to want more.... Now we dont know how much he exactly wants, but NO player is bigger than the club.

We all know FL's salary is around 120000. Chelsea offered him a better contract which I beleive as to be MORE than 120000 and hence the figure 130000 come into the pic, but FL seems to want more.... Now we dont know how much he exactly wants, but NO player is bigger than the club.

Basically the press don't know. Much like the manager search. It has been Contract length, his salary and image rights that have all been the stumbling block at different times. I would read too much into what the media are saying.

Frank has said MANY times that he wants to stay and the club have said they want him to stay, we have no idea what is holding it up. But we shouldn't speculate, and just wait and see and hope the contract gets done.

There's no need to think like that, Lampard won't leave. If he wants extra money, he will tell Scolari. Scolari is very intelligent and will go to the board and tell them to offer him an improved deal, because I am sure someone of his stature is well aware of Lampard's importance to the team, the fans and the club as a whole.

Frank Lampard is a step closer to being reunited with Jose Mourinho after the Chelsea star's agent revealed he would be meeting with Inter Milan bosses in the next 10 days.

Mourinho has made no secret of his desire to lure Lampard to the San Siro, but this is the first time positive words about the move have emerged from the England midfielder's camp.

The news comes amid reports that talks over a new Chelsea contract for the player have hit a snag over the length of the deal

"At the moment I've been on holiday for about a week," Lampard's agent Franco Granello told Tuttomercatoweb.

"But it doesn't seem to me that Lampard's transfer has already been completed.

"I have a meeting with Inter in 10 days but for now I'm enjoying the rest, seeing as I have so little."

Lampard, who turns 30 on Friday, has previously said he wants to stay at Chelsea but is demanding a four-year extension to his current contract while the club are reportedly only prepared to offer him half that.

According to Italian media reports, Inter have already offered the former West Ham player a five-year deal.

Lampard will have talks with Luiz Felipe Scolari when the new Blues boss begins work with the English club on July 1, days after Granello's meeting with Nerazzurri chiefs.

The Italian champions have long been linked with the Chelsea star but matters were stepped up a pace when Mourinho, who helped Lampard thrive at Stamford Bridge, took over the helm at Inter.

Earlier in the day the Portuguese coach had declared that Lampard, Deco and Didier Drogba were "players who I could never say no to," adding: "I would love to work with them again in the future".

Mourinho's comments came just days after Inter president Massimo Moratti revealed Lampard was on his club's target list.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overs...mp;TEAMHD=italy

Frank has said MANY times that he wants to stay and the club have said they want him to stay, we have no idea what is holding it up. But we shouldn't speculate, and just wait and see and hope the contract gets done.

I read yesterday that, Chelsea offered him 133000 and an extension for two years whereas FL wants 133000 with an extension for 4 years. Chelsea are a bit apprehensive in giving him a huge contract like that for a longer period as he has touched 30 and they fear he wouldnt be the same in a year or two. ShevChenko episode has been a RUDE shock for them and they dont want to take any chances again. Ballack was also given a similar deal of 120000 for 3 years and depending on his performances hes contract will be extended. THAT EXPLAINS THAT BOTH FL AND Chelsea WANT EACH OTHER!!! but the Club is being just cautious.

LOL, Lampard's agent Franco Granello

The world and his dog knows who Frank Lampards agent is.....

Well...I know its Kutner who is FL's agent, but This new guy Granello seems to be the broker for the deal as he is an Italian and knows the Italian Club's repesentatives well.

Well...I know its Kutner who is FL's agent, but This new guy Granello seems to be the broker for the deal as he is an Italian and knows the Italian Club's repesentatives well.

Doesn't mean he has any connection with Lamps, or any idea what he is going to do

• 2 weeks later...