Frank Lampard

DavidEU

17 goals to go before lead top goalscorer ever!

16 goals this season so far, i think he can reach 20 -23 if he can get a hat-trick aginst QPR :)

It is incredible to think that even with his age he is still after his usual 20 in a season. Truly a legend, not just of this club. Of the world football.

I was so pissed at him when AVB was sacked, but how in the world can you not love the man. After the goal I sang SUPER, SUPER FRANK, SUPER, SUPER FRANK, SUPER, SUPER FRANK, SUPER FRANKIE LAMPARD and the rest of the cinema followed. Who the fuck is Xavi when you've got Lampsy.

I think a few months ago there was a perceived feeling amongst fans that the 'old guard' were proving problematic to manage by AVB and unhappy at not playing every game.

I think now it has become clear that the problem was more perhaps one of man management on AVB's behalf. I haven't seen Lampard, Ashley Cole, Drogba, etc complaining about being left out of games because they are being managed correctly (given reasons why they're missing out, etc).

I wasn't one campaigning for Lamps to be sold, but I did feel he could no longer play every game anymore and that will be even more evident next season, by which time he will be 34. However by managing him correctly, perhaps similarly to Scholes and Giggs at United, Chelsea can continue to get great things out of Lampard for at least another couple of seasons. I have been impressed with his discipline and dedication taking up a newer, deeper role within the team.

I still stand by what i said , his words and rumored acts (If true) were a disgrace , but his ability on the pitch is outstanding ! for me Lampard , Ramires and Drogba were the main men behind overcoming the best team in the world.

He may have had a lot of bad games and moments during the last couple of years but i think his form had picked up significantly during the last 3 month and his game play in the double pivot role should be much more appreciated.