Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I'm shocked by some recent posts on this topic. Would just like to point out that nobody knows for sure what has been going on in the dressing room, what kind of a relationship has been present between the two. But the fact is Lamps is a Chelsea legend, maybe even the greatest of all times.

It looks like everyone in this forum knows what happend because they eat all the crap from sun, daily mail and mirror like food.

He has scored 13 goals for us so far.That not good enough for you?

Did he create all 13 goals for himself?...Or did the team play for him?..How many assists has he had this season?....How many shots on target has he had?...How many freekicks on target?....How many times have they out run him in midfield and bullied by mediocre players that we will curse the board out if they show any sort of interest in?...And how many times has he worn his favorite invisibility jersey this season?....Definitely more than those 13 goals and have ended up costing us more.....I dont get blinded by those occasional goals he uses to sway y'all to look pass his many faults....I am way smarter than that..lol.....I will be more pleased with 7 assist, 5 pass which leads to an assist...Play for the freaking team for once...

Did he create all 13 goals for himself?...Or did the team play for him?..How many assists has he had this season?....How many shots on target has he had?...How many freekicks on target?....How many times have they out run him in midfield and bullied by mediocre players they we will curse the board out if they show any sort of interest in?...And how many times has he worn his favorite invisibility jersey this season?....Definitely more than those 13 goals and have ended up costing us more.....I dont get blinded by those occasional goals he uses to sway y'all to look pass his many faults....I am way smarter than that..lol.....I will be more pleased with 7 assist, 5 pass which leads to an assist...Play for the freaking team for once...

So you think Raul or Malouda is better than Lampard?If you do then you seriously need some help.

It looks like everyone in this forum knows what happend because they eat all the crap from sun, daily mail and mirror like food.

Seems we were also deaf during his interviews on Chelsea tv?...If you are a game to game fan, dont come here and show your ignorance...If you want i will go back and bring out the "the manager hasnt talked to me on why i have reduced playing time"...We are talking from what we see and being critical of someone we love and claim to love us in return....But hasnt shown any of the love lately....

So you think Raul or Malouda is better than Lampard?If you do then you seriously need some help.

Raul....Shows more desire than Lampards any day this season and he has shown he can be a utility player than can adapt to different position and let Rami do his thing in the mid.....

FloMo.....Is the only winger we have that allows Mata play in his preferred No10 role, and also help defensively because alot of people are also too blind to see that Mata is next to useless in the defense.....

Irrespective of their faults, sadly they have offered the team more this season...

Lampard refused to adapt to any of these roles and did not offer the much more than Raul in his preferred role...Lets us all think rationally and not with sentiments for once...

AussieDan, a legend does not put his own interest ahead of the club. A legend is not supposed to be selfish. A legend is supposed to know whats best, and what was best for the club was to let Villas-Boas give his project a go. Now he's been denied of that, in acrimonious circumstances. And no-one, from a player, manager, owner, board member, down to the cleaner is bigger than the club, regardless of how much money they've ploughed into the club, regardless of how many goals and how many trophies they've won.

This was an enormously selfish act, him and his cronies could not accept the very easily acceptable fact that they were over the hill and it was time for them to wind down their careers. So they got benched once or twice, thats no reason to go have a fucking sulk. If you are truly a legend you'll either work doubly hard in training and in the matchday opportunities you're given to force your way back in or you'll accept it and not complain.

His just frustrated because we're not having a great season and his been sitting on the bench for some of the games and I'm not sure too many people came out and say "Yeah I'm enjoying sitting on the bench, it's warmer with a jacket on" I reckon he has been working very hard to try and get back into the starting 11. Just because his said his disappointment about being on the bench doesn't mean his sulking all day around the club not doing training drills, not listening to AVB etc.

One thing is you can't blame him for the sacking of AVB, he got sacked because of the poor results, that's all that matters to the board.

or maybe Lampard's comments is where we got our info from

or maybe his attitude when sub'd off

or his attitude towards his boss whenever the boss is debriefing him before he's sub'd on

it seems his only defense is his 'legendary status'. liverpool

His just frustrated because we're not having a great season and his been sitting on the bench for some of the games and I'm not sure too many people came out and say "Yeah I'm enjoying sitting on the bench, it's warmer with a jacket on" I reckon he has been working very hard to try and get back into the starting 11. Just because his said his disappointment about being on the bench doesn't mean his sulking all day around the club not doing training drills, not listening to AVB etc.

One thing is you can't blame him for the sacking of AVB, he got sacked because of the poor results, that's all that matters to the board.

look at his attitude towards avb. Malouda said he was disappointed with lack of time, Torres and Drogba have periods where they get no time. Frank has not been benched for more than 3 games. But let him score a penalty goal and he'll be in front of the media complaining about avb. idk how disruptive malouda and co. were in the dressing room, but atleast they don't tell the media

Was be born as a guaranteed starter? No, he had to make his way up from the bench. Why can't he accept that now? Scholes and Giggs adjusted just fine, and thats despite rubbish like Anderson and Carrick playing ahead of them. At least Lampard is being kept out by players of a higher quality than him (except for Meireles, of course).

Last sidetrack and I'll drop out: great article about Kobe and his perseverance, stubborness, Kobe-ness from a writer who follows the Lakers regularly. This writer was recently named NBA writer of the year. What I love about Kobe is not just his physical skills/ability but his mental strength. Maybe a few CFC players need to sign up for the Kobe System (youtube the commercials).

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-343303-mask-game.html

"But Bynum is understanding Bryant's higher standards better than ever, and that's part of the leading-by-example undercurrent on every team Bryant has ever played on – same as it sticks with every fan who gets such a charge out of him being at his best when he feels his worst.

Kobe does what he does ... and it shows you are capable of more, too.

"It's an 'I'm not going to back down' type of attitude," Bryant said. "I don't care what happens or what kind of injury you sustain. If you're capable of playing, you should be out there and you should play. That's the kind of competitive edge that I want my guys to play with."

I think Frank doesn't want to accept the fact that he's past his prime.

He played quite a lot this season, and wasn't dropped for Meireles as some of guys here claim. A lot of times they played together.

Well if Lampard plays well tonight (if he even plays) I'll be happy but severely dissapointed. Lampard needed to do this all season quite frankly (lol).

This. It's not a fickle reaction as fan to criticise a player, but praise when he does good, that's recognising efforts of the player.. We do it with Kalou all the time. Why is there an "told you so" feeling when this happens?

or maybe Lampard's comments is where we got our info from

or maybe his attitude when sub'd off

or his attitude towards his boss whenever the boss is debriefing him before he's sub'd on

it seems his only defense is his 'legendary status'. liverpool

Touche! Exactly what I felt!