Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard revelled in it and embraced it, he actively encouraged the status, whether it was kissing the badge or professing his love for the club. Being a stalwart at Chelsea was a status that endeared Frank to the media, and translated itself into more commerical opportunities for himself. If you were from the UK, you'd understand that a bit more, in regards to how he played the 'clean' 'professional' 'loyal' image to his advantage.

tumblr_n6k3yyznfv1rtm5jko1_500.gif

its a business, man.

Fully expecting there to be some pro-Lampard chants at the Bridge later in the month when we play them, it will just go to show how successful he's been at manipulating the fans.

Smart man, I bet he has a good laugh at TOPTB and co cheering his name when he gets back to his mansion with Bleakley.

Try telling that to Francesco Totti, Gerrard.. or even Drogba, you can actually be successful in business and have morals too.

totti threatened to leave roma last season or the season prior I remember.

Gerrard was going to go to chelsea...

Drogba came into chelsea as a guy in his mid 20s and left near the age people retired....

Difference between, gerrard and totti is that both are from their respective clubs, lampard like drogba is not...

However, it wasnt lampard that gave himself that title... It was the fans..

But it's something he completely embraced and benefited immensely from.

He was more than happy to use his legendary status with the fans to get that contract in 2013 when the club did not want to give him one or even his stature inside the club when he was having issues with AVB. That's without even mentioning what he gained from it in terms of his public image and his marketability.

Alot of players did the same across the years...

Ronaldo played for both milan teams, barca and real, a few brazilian teams as well.

Zlatan played for both milan teams and was willing to go to real madrid after barca.

Figo played for both real and barca.

Luis enrique played for both real and barca.

Landrup played for both real and barca.

Arsenal and everyone they lost...

And many more examples...

All very different cases from spending your whole career with same team and then playing a season or two at a direct rival for a a higher salary or a few more moments at the top.

Everyone knows that, that's not why people are frustrated. They are frustrated because they thought Lampard was one of the rare exceptions that didn't put the business part ahead of everything else in his career. That's why it hurts. In the beginning I didn't care too much about the move and gave him the benefit of doubt, but the more the time passes and information comes out, the more it seems likely that I've been wrong about Frank Lampard.

You hit it right on the dot though.

The fans are frustrated because they thought Lampar was one of the rare exceptions that didnt put business ahead of everything else in his career..

However, I made multiple comments about how this Lampard being an angel was a complete farce on this board numerous times and numerous times they're was a legion of lampard that defended it.....

totti threatened to leave roma last season or the season prior I remember.

Gerrard was going to go to chelsea...

Drogba came into chelsea as a guy in his mid 20s and left near the age people retired....

Difference between, gerrard and totti is that both are from their respective clubs, lampard like drogba is not...

But ultimately they didn't leave and the only one that left so far (Drogba) didn't leave to join a rival and Gerrard who's leaving at the end of the season as made it crystal clear that he's moving abroad as he considers the thought of joining a rival an abomination (paraphrased). Your point is mute tbh

Maybe Lampard did all this, because we released him without ceremonial. I almost forgot when and how his last game actually is.

Eventually would have had its ceremonial. He just wants to help City to defeat us for to make Chelsea and Jose it look in ridiculous and feed his ego.

Do not know if this was already posted, but it's embarrassing.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3dbe4e87ba204117b4f316cf8d9b1078/lampard-ny-deal-creates-credibility-issue-mls-new-team

But ultimately they didn't leave and the only one that left so far (Drogba) didn't leave to join a rival and Gerrard who's leaving at the end of the season as made it crystal clear that he's moving abroad as he considers the thought of joining a rival an abomination (paraphrased). Your point is mute tbh

Don't think you understand the point.

Gerrard is a liverpool kid and Totti was a Roma kid. Lampard was not a chelsea kid.

Lampard was known to be a constant professional, which he is doing by playing with his "loaned" team to his best. Did you think he was going to sabotage city because he use to play for Chelsea?

Like I said before, fans think that players think like them, when in reality, they have other factors to consider more relevant to them.

Don't think you understand the point.

Gerrard is a liverpool kid and Totti was a Roma kid. Lampard was not a chelsea kid.

Lampard was known to be a constant professional, which he is doing by playing with his "loaned" team to his best. Did you think he was going to sabotage city because he use to play for Chelsea?

Like I said before, fans think that players think like them, when in reality, they have other factors to consider more relevant to them.

He's as good as a Chelsea kid, he was certainly adopted.. and embraced it 'himself'. I created a post before in this thread explaining how 'Lampard' acted and not the fans, clearly you have trouble absorbing information or just selectively respond to other posts in a tactful way.