Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I'm glad you did mate. I meant to say that I apologise for airing grievances about the topic in public, but I did not feel at the time that the admins were entirely neutral on the situation due to what was being said in September, so I did not PM. Apologies.

I'm also very glad you are more empathetic about how others feel on the situation now, however, I'm disappointed that it had to come to Lampard extending his loan for it to tip the scales - something no one wanted. Sadly, I was resigned to his extension about 2 months ago. No way were City letting him go after those vital goals and the impending ACON.

The admins weren't neutral, no, because of the tender situation. You have people calling a Chelsea legend; that is only going to provoke arguments and incite a flame war. I think we did the right thing in closing the thread. I decided to re-open it because Lampard discussions had invaded every other thread; at least in here we can contain it. The people who want to avoid this thread can no do so without it spilling into other topics.

I was always disappointed by Frank's move but I refused to overreact at the time as many people were doing, but his extension to his contract is the straw to break the camel's back and now I am equally fed up as anyone else. I just want him to piss off to New York asap because every goal for City kills his legacy that little bit more.

This whole situation makes me so so sad.

I hate everything that has happened with Frank over the last few months because I love the guy so much.

He was our man. A Chelsea legend. Maybe our greatest ever player. Now every time I see him in that City shirt, every time I see him score, it kills me inside. It literally destroys me.

We HAVE to win the league. I cannot bear to sit and watch him collect a PL winners medal with them scumbags! It cannot happen.

The sooner this is over the better!!

Who the fuck knows, or will ever know, if Lampard was offered a contract or if he didn't fancy the money or if Jose simply didn't offer anything?

What does sound more sensible though?
Lampard denying a contract from his beloved club because he wanted to go to Man City or whatever club for that matter? This is very unlikely. Why would he ever want to do that? He had everything here, the club and fans obviously loved him and respected him up until last season.
I think the board and/or Jose didn't even bother offering him a contract or maybe they wanted to convince him to become a member of the board or coaching stuff or something because let's face it, even us the fans were saying last season that Frank had become very average for our liking even as a squad member based on his performances. Maybe that was true at that time because obviously a)he has changed after all these years and b)we aren't playing the same way City does with him to be able get what he does for them now, but the important thing here to consider is that if you're Frank and you still believe in yourself what are you supposed to do after that treatment? You are pissed and you just leave. Very bad management from the board towards a club hero. Guess who has now proved them wrong...
But the manner it all happened with him lying to CFC and NYFC fans about the fake loan was disgusting also. It shows that someone you thought was a club hero, not just a legend in numbers (stats), shows great desire to hurt the people that rejected him but with a great cost towards the fans. He did it but he could have also done it in New York I might say without any cost. And what sort of fan wants to hear about their idol that he doesn't care about destroying his legacy?
So for Frank to do this he must have been pretty pissed about something we might never know and I accept that. I as a fan on the other hand have the right to be pretty pissed about Frank's move because what he did what he did without caring about the heartbreak he would cause. It was his decision apparently to join a direct rival and not just accidentally Man City. The plan was clear to his mind all along. Redknapp was right after all saying that there is nothing more Lampard wants right now than to win the title with City. Or even if that wasn't his thoughts initially the way things have turned there is no doubt that it has to be exactly like that right now. It has to be because otherwise I cannot explain the whole situation of the extension. It's a huge risk Lampard is taking because if he fails it was all for nothing. I surely will not wish him any luck, but I will not boo him either. I understand his decisions as a professional and I am prepared to forgive the human inside him because i understand his mindset. I am not going to forgive the club legend though because I don't understand how this decision managed to get through his heart. Maybe I'm going to change my mind latter, or maybe not, who knows? but at least for now he is the enemy in my eyes and he is not going to be in any of my lists that JT and Drogba are in.
I hope that with this post I've helped myself to deal with the situation and I'm sorry if anyone got bored reading it, i just do this to help myself clear out how I feel.

He has downgraded his status from Legend to Hero.

I don't love the guy anymore after what he did but in 30 years you can bet I will still be calling him one of the best players ever to don the Chelsea shirt, even if Messi joined, the passion would never be there knowing he came here just so he could earn a hundred grand or so more a week. After this though, he will never be quite up there with Wise, Terry, Drogba etc...

For now though... he's pissed on the sacred ground. Fuck him.

In my eyes he's still a legend, no doubt. It's frustrating when he scores i'm not going to lie but a season for City is not going to erase all the great things he's achieved here and the memories we have as Chelsea fans.

I get why people are angry and upset, i do, but Term X is way ott. He's constantly recycling the same old posts like his opinion is gospel and everyone who disagrees is automatically wrong... saying people should be 'banned' for their 'weak' argument and calling someone a 'simpleton' is very condescending and downright arrogant. Pretty sad attitude to have on a forum, but you go ahead with your little online persona.

It is heinous that some fans choose to hate Frank rather than to treasure what he has brought to this football club over the last decade. He is a Chelsea legend, no matter what you say. Of course, it's distressing to know that he is scoring goals for City, let alone the fact that he joined title contenders in the first place. Look at this way though, the man is a professional. He's coming to the end of his career. He wants game time at the highest possible level before he has to hang his boots up. Even if he wins the title with City, look at what we won with Chelsea and how long he stuck with them.

I see you just joined today. You said "them" also, like you are not a Chelsea follower. Suspicious. But nonetheless, I'm sorry but the excuse of wanting "game time at the highest possible level before he hang his boots up" and going to Man City is stupid and pathetic no matter how you slice it. Including the outrageous lies. As mentioned a million times already, no legend would do what he did. They wouldn't even dare.

Lying to us is not professional. It's cowardly. Turning your backs on us is not professional. After praising his name for 12 or so years.

I write in a journalistic style, as it is required on my university course. It is the way you are wired when you are made to write a lot of reports, articles etc.

That's the way it goes unfortunately. If you don't respect him as much as I, that is entirely up to you. Nowhere did I say that I agree with his decision to join City, nowhere did I state it was my preference. I am merely being pragmatic.

I always thought Terry, Drogba and Lampard would retire as Chelsea legends

But Lampard moving to City and helping them potentially win the title with key goals crossed the line...

Hopefully City don't win the title, it would be sickening to see Lampard celebrate with those players...

I always thought Terry, Drogba and Lampard would retire as Chelsea legends

But Lampard moving to City and helping them potentially win the title with key goals crossed the line...

Hopefully City don't win the title, it would be sickening to see Lampard celebrate with those players...

He could continue his act of looking remorseful every time he scores.

He is not a legend. I refuse to call a traitor a legend.

And yes you won't be the only one singing Super Frank during the game because Citeh fans will too. Come on that is stupid. Especially when you're singing it with the Citeh fans. You are suppose to be supporting the boys in blue, not the traitor.

Jimmy Greaves and Gus Poyet moved to Spurs, they're both Chelsea legends, not traitors though?

You can be mad at Frank but calling him a traitor is too far.

Jimmy Greaves and Gus Poyet moved to Spurs, they're both Chelsea legends, not traitors though?

You can be mad at Frank but calling him a traitor is too far.

I don't hear Gus Poyet's name mentioned at all today among the fans as a fantastic legend, and if his name gets called out, it's because he's the Sunderland coach. Maybe that's why Chelsea can't beat Sunderland. Solves that mystery.

Jimmy is more of a Spurs legend. He's remembered a lot in Spurs as he is the highest goalscorer for them. I mean really? We are sharing legends with SPUDS?!

And I'm trying to understand why not calling him a traitor is a bit too far. Lampard is exactly the definition of that word.

@Mana is right. No disrespect to Greaves or Poyet, they're club legends, but their importance in relation to Lampard isn't quite the same. Moving to Tottenham isn't nice, but it's not like they impose themselves on our success.. Much like Cudicini going to Tottenham. Also, they didn't go under false pretences of going to a club abroad, just to use it a springboard to jump to our title rivals.

Being loyal to one club extends their stay at said club. The way they conduct themselves upon their departure has an impact on their status.. Gallas made an absolute tit of himself after he left, Joe Cole did to an extent. Drogba remained humble and respectful when he left. As did Carvalho, Ash, Essien even Shevchenko ffs.

It's all good to chant 'Super Frankie Lampard' at the Bridge, but there's enough people staying silent through this because of his actions. Silence overcomes the temptation of booing because we want to remain a touch classier and humble as compared to Lampard.