Frank Lampard

DavidEU

People are upset because this decision to extend his loan deal essentially proves he knew he was going to sign for City. That doesn't mean people are forgetting what Lampard has done for this club, but it means his image is tarnished because he has purposefully chosen to move to City. It isn't a case of him being forced to stay at City, at the expiration of his loan deal he could have moved to New York - or he could even have done the loyal thing and gone there in the summer. But he signed for them knowing he'd be sent somewhere for training and match purposes, and he signed for a club owned by Man City. Where did he think they'd send him, Rubin Kazan? He knew exactly what he was doing, and that's what hurts.

So?

How exactly does him playing for a club which isn't even a historic rival of CFC diminish what he has done at Chelsea.

I don't want to get invested in this thread, but this is embarrassing. Just look up what CFC had won with Lamps at the club and what we had won previously. Look at his goal and assist record for CFC. Recall the role he played in us winning the CL.

Our board felt he shouldn't be making that much money at his age and he left - now he has a sub role at Shitty. If they win it won't be because of Lamps it would be because we imploded.

So?

How exactly does him playing for a club which isn't even a historic rival of CFC diminish what he has done at Chelsea.

I don't want to get invested in this thread, but this is embarrassing. Just look up what CFC had won with Lamps at the club and what we had won previously. Look at his goal and assist record for CFC. Recall the role he played in us winning the CL.

Oh, great.. so now you're taking us around in circles, can we ban people from this thread who don't bother to read the posts from previous pages?..

Nothing you are saying is original and it has already been successfully countered =

with all his accolades from Chelsea, to leave for the club that are in direct competition. That bit was in bold because people like to belittle the view that Manchester City are our rivals.. Let's get it right, they are. They tried to copy the model of Roman and they got it incredibly wrong/took them longer.. Now they've rubbed it in our faces that it's finally becoming successful by taking the icon of our success.

Oh, great.. so now you're taking us around in circles, can we ban people from this thread who don't bother to read the posts from previous pages?..

Nothing you are saying is original and it has already been successfully countered =

Why would I bother reading a thread where people are insulting a club legend for scoring a few goals at Shitty.

Like I've said fans are fickle, they expect players to love clubs as much as we do - but they don't realize a footballer might love competing at the highest level a lot more than a club. A Legend like Lampard would of course prefer to play his final years in a Top League and not some Mickey Mouse League it's part of the reason he is a EPL Legend.

I myself am delighted Lampard played for CFC for 13 years and achieved his greatest triumphs while at our Club.

Seriously?

We let Lampard leave - and that's now proving to be a mistake, who's fault is that Lampards or ours?

Let's say your boss let you go - and a rival firm picked you up and you felt you had more in the tank, and you did well for the new firm - does that make you a cunt or the bloke(s) that let you go?

Lampard is a legend - grow up people - he was a fantastic servant who would have been here now IF we would have wanted him.

Jose might learn a lesson or two from this along with the rest of the Chelsea management team...

If we chucked 200 contracts his way, locked him up he'd still have left for USA... The key word here is USA... last time I looked this is the UK.

Why would I bother reading a thread where people are insulting a club legend for scoring a few goals at Shitty.

Like I've said fans are fickle, they expect players to love clubs as much as we do - but they don't realize a footballer might love competing at the highest level a lot more than a club. A Legend like Lampard would of course prefer to play his final years in a Top League and not some Mickey Mouse League it's part of the reason he is a EPL Legend.

I myself am delighted Lampard played for CFC for 13 years and achieved his greatest triumphs while at our Club.

Another poor post and a weak argument, if you can't keep up with the post quality.. don't contribute to the thread, you're just coming across as a simpleton.

Not really, footballers are in a different stratosphere to real world employees, there isn't 45k seater stadia around fryers at Burger King.

Lampard profited commercially from the legend status we gave him, he never shied away, it was part of his identity. When you are regarded in such a way, you'd expect a well balanced person to have a moral compass and leave with class like Didier & Ash.

I remember you posting that exact comment a couple of months ago.

It's still one of the best comments I've ever seen in my 7+ years on various forums.

I remember you posting that exact comment a couple of months ago.

Now you understand the struggle lmao, when people like this guy BURST! into threads.. don't read anything, have no idea what's going on.. yet still post.

We end up going around in circles.

Gerrard on Leaving Liverpool:

The Lampard Vs Gerrard debate will go on for many football fans, but at least we know for sure who the better person is. That's right, Stevie G officially has a hell of a lot more class than Lampard. Let that sink in.

Don't jump the gun, Lampard said similar things.

I don't understand why people blame him for scoring goals and winning points for his team. It's frustrating, ok, but you can't ask him not to give his best when he's needed. He's to blame for going there, but that's all.

No one here is blaming him for scoring goals lmao

If we chucked 200 contracts his way, locked him up he'd still have left for USA... The key word here is USA... last time I looked this is the UK.

I doubt it very much - New York is literally the closest and easiest destination for him, he doesn't look like he wants to leave the UK and who can blame him.

If we would have offered him a contract - he'd still be here - maybe scoring goals from our bench

For me the key argument is - we didn't want him - the rest is just emotional bollox.

We made the choice - now we live with it.

As others have said - if we lose the title, that's our fault nobody else's.

I doubt it very much - New York is literally the closest and easiest destination for him, he doesn't look like he wants to leave the UK and who can blame him.

If we would have offered him a contract - he'd still be here - maybe scoring goals from our bench

For me the key argument is - we didn't want him - the rest is just emotional bollox.

We made the choice - now we live with it.

As others have said - if we lose the title, that's our fault nobody else's.

I've noticed you saying/writing this a couple of times, like it's a stone cold fact.

Please provide the quote from either the club or Mourinho stating Lampard was no longer wanted at Chelsea.