Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Manuel Pellegrini has suggested Frank Lampard could extend his stay at Manchester City beyond this season after the player’s precise status with the Premier League champions was thrown into confusion and he came under fire from supporters of New York City “outraged” by his decision not to join the Major League Soccer club, as agreed, in the new year.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/01/frank-lampard-manchester-city-next-season-manuel-pellegrini-mls-new-york-city?CMP=share_btn_tw

Haha people call us fans bitter but Lampard is probably the most bitter individual of all. We didn't give him his £200k per week to sit on the bench, so he wants to win the title for City at our expense and will inevitably stay on next season if that's what is required.

Turning his back on New York is surely over the line, fans there have bought season tickets to see him play for goodness sake! I think beating City to the title will be even more rewarding, just hope the team rallies and stop messing up at the back!

Can't say I'm not hugely annoyed by him scoring important goals for them, sickening actually. Though I think some here are still acting like sensitive teenage girls, would hate to see them betrayed in real life.

Was told by a visiting friend from London that the home fans in general still love and support him. But that was before the loan extension, not sure about now.

He don't had respect for the fans and for this team, going to the direct rival for the league, and don't hurt him score goals that complicate the way for us. So we don't should have respect or empathy for him.

You can go to Hell, Judas.

Honestly, every time Lampard scores for City, it's like a stab to the heart. Three of his five league goals for them this season have got them 5 extra points, FIVE! :doh:

and one of them also took 2 points from us, 7 points won for City just from Lamps. He is a disgrace.

@Jason Actually Niclas is kinda right. Lampard's goal vs us gave City a point while taking 2 off of us. Lampard's goal cost us 3 points gap wise with City.

So without Lampard's goals there would have been a 7 point gap now between us and City.

Once again Mourinho decided to let the player go saying he wasn't good enough for the team enough. Lampard decided to go to City to show Mou a lesson and did. Whose fault is this again?

The person who let a world class midfielder go on a free. That's who.

Once again Mourinho decided to let the player go saying he wasn't good enough for the team enough. Lampard decided to go to City to show Mou a lesson and did. Whose fault is this again?

The person who let a world class midfielder go on a free. That's who.

And when did Jose say this? Or by not offering him a new contract he said this? Your assuming, right?

Gerrard leaving Liverpool, said he won't go to a rival. Class act. Loves HIS club.

Cheers Frank.

Ok - none of us actually know what was said between Frank and Chelsea - chances are we never will.

My view - and just my view - is along the lines of - Frank we don't think you are worth what you are asking, you are free to move on.

So, I put myself in Franks position - I FEEL (important part) like I have just been shafted by the one club I gave my playing career to, put my body on the line and gave everything and this is my reward!

So yeah - he's going to go out and prove it was wrong to write him off - and guess what - it WAS!

Loyalty is a two way street. Whilst he was at the club he was a top bloke and let's not bring 'private education' into things - my wife was privately educated, whilst I wasn't - does that make her some kind of untrustworthy / classless person? No - she was lucky enough to be born into a family where her Dad started with nothing, built a business and wanted to invest in his children - so that has nothing to do with it!

I do find some of these arguments borderline pathetic and sensationalist

We let Frank go, we fucked up and we are now reaping what we have sown. There's a fucking useful life lesson right there !!! I, for one will be less quick to write people off in the future as a result of this.

As for 'Class' etc - If Drogba had knocked us out when playing for Gala - would it all be fine? I seriously doubt it with the 'fickle' loyalty and respect being shown here.

I've said all I'm going to say - you guys have your opinion, I have mine - I won't convince you to change it and vice-versa.

Cheers :)

Pretty much my sentiments - I just think he must be pretty bitter as well. He must know the divisions hes causing within Chelsea fans, and just highlights how its only fans in the main that have loyalty. To the employees of the clubs/brands its just corporate business and nothing else.