Frank Lampard

DavidEU

At first we were all like "oh it's just 6 months of training and bench warming, it will be over quicker than it started"... but as time passes, the worse it gets. So disappointed in the fella who I used to perceive as a hero and one of THE legends.

At least we have clarity, everyone is on the same page with this issue now (apart from 1 or 2 simple minded people).

Let's wait to see how the home fans act.

And now we know how Arsenal fans must feel when some of their loved legends join a direct rival.

At first we were all like "oh it's just 6 months of training and bench warming, it will be over quicker than it started"... but as time passes, the worse it gets. So disappointed in the fella who I used to perceive as a hero and one of THE legends.

I think that's what hurts. I genuinely thought he was just there to make up City's homegrown quota, instead he's rolling back the years and is probably going to help them to the title.

I really hope the fans boo him at the Bridge every time he has the ball, every time the stadium monitor shows his scummy face. Let this POS know that there's no such thing as going directly for glory with a rival and indirectly disrespecting fans who stood by him through thick and thin. Let the f**ker feel that there's no love in for a POS who knows very well what he's doing by being Pellegrini's puppet. I don't even mind how Arseanal fans are gonna treat Fabregas when we play them, because they fully have the right to express their frustration from the disappointment and hurt of seeing him being a pivotal figure for our team and being so close to beating Henry's assist record..

For some reason I think he might actually win the title for City, which will be ironic and typical football. It is one of those thing that show why football is the most exciting sport on the planet. It is like Gerrard slip when he was destined to win the title as Liverpool captain after 20 years, or us winning the CL despite having the worst squad in 10 years beating the best club side in football history(Barcelona at the time) and extremely strong Bayern at their own stadium.

Hopefully I am wrong but I can actually see it happening, and in a way it is quite funny and predictable at the same time.

There's always one. I'm surprised it took this long for a "super fan" to show up.

Seriously?

We let Lampard leave - and that's now proving to be a mistake, who's fault is that Lampards or ours?

Let's say your boss let you go - and a rival firm picked you up and you felt you had more in the tank, and you did well for the new firm - does that make you a cunt or the bloke(s) that let you go?

Lampard is a legend - grow up people - he was a fantastic servant who would have been here now IF we would have wanted him.

Jose might learn a lesson or two from this along with the rest of the Chelsea management team...

So you join their direct rival? This isn't a fucking factory job, it comes with responsiblity, the emotion, the fans, and the professionalism that it entails.

As Zola said, the players move on, the board moves on, even the stadiums move on, but the fans are a constant, and you don't lose that responsibility when your contract breaks. Lamps did just that, he took the memories the Chelsea fans had of him, and pissed on them, and is now causing death by a thousand cuts just to rub salt in the wound.

He never even signed a contract with NYCFC, it was a transfer to City dressed up to decieve the fans that he 'had no other choice' and that's how it got through the PL board so he could play in the Sunderland game.

Face it, we may have retired him, but he's decided himself to set up our own hanging.

I highly doubt after this that Frank will come back and coach now. Didier for sure. Terry for sure. I'm sure if the time came for Cole we would do the same for him too. But after what Frank has done to us? I'd be against it.

Well this is life in the 'big world' - he's no longer here and we let him go.

You can be childish about it or mature - your choice.

But I won't turn my back on one of our greatest ever players and I know many fans who also won't - thankfully

Let's stay classy as Ron Jeremy says :)

Well this is life in the 'big world' - he's no longer here and we let him go.

You can be childish about it or mature - your choice.

But I won't turn my back on one of our greatest ever players and I know many fans who also won't - thankfully

Let's stay classy as Ron Jeremy says :)

Not really, footballers are in a different stratosphere to real world employees, there isn't 45k seater stadia around fryers at Burger King.

Lampard profited commercially from the legend status we gave him, he never shied away, it was part of his identity. When you are regarded in such a way, you'd expect a well balanced person to have a moral compass and leave with class like Didier & Ash.