Frank Lampard

DavidEU

With regard to this whole fan comparison thing I prefer to judge how much of a fan I am by comparing myself with someone in a similar situation to me. I go to about 35 games per season in total and live next door to a Chelsea fan who has a similar amount of time, money and other commitments and he goes to about 5 games per season. The fact that I give up more of my time and money etc while having an almost identical day to day life makes me more of a fan in my opinion.

However I cannot compare my situation with that of someone from Australia. It isn't reasonable to expect an Aussie to attend 30 games per season because they are on the other side of the world. If you get up at the ridiculous times you have to in Australia to watch a game but your Chelsea supporting friend also in Australia does not then that makes you more of a fan than them. It's all about comparing yourself to similar people.

Not everyone was fortunate to be born in England. Don't be so rude. Chelsea would've never been what it is now if there wouldnt be us foreign fans.

by foreign fans do you mean Roman ,,, he is the only foreign fan to contribute to our success

how do you support the team if you don't go, are the team aware of your support through some telekinetic transportation of emotion and verbal encouragement? no. they are aware mine and thousands of others as we have made sacrifices to go and support the team,

like going to burnley to see a game of football on a monday night. meant leaving london at 2 o'clock monday afternoon and getting backing to london at 4 a.m tuesday morning, taking days off work, enduring the silent treatment off the missus, cos i'm off to another game of football,

losing money by not taking jobs so i can go to see the team play, tickets, plane,trains and automoblies. i'm going to schalke which will take two or three days. a month before christmas. freezing cold, coach,ferry coach 12 hours, please don't tell me these armchairs are chelsea supporters. they are followers! like i said to the romanian. why don't you go to maribor game that's in your neck of the woods. no comment. yet he has plenty to say about one of, if not the greatest chelsea players ever. please don't bracket these people in the same category as me, just because they buy a shirt! it insults me and the thousands from all over britain and europe who put time,effort, and money into following our club. and then they claim to be supporters! piss! they are followers nothing more.

Another one of those 'i was born at the Bridge, Osgood used to shag my mum and Terry fucks my girl' post. The last guy who did that was banned. So please fuck right off.

How many of you would have even started to support Chelsea if Roman never bought us? come on now be honest.

Im getting sick of all these keyboard warriors thinking they know the club in and out, but in truth they know nothing before 2004

Lampard is and will always be a legend at this club.

How many of you would have even started to support Chelsea if Roman never bought us? come on now be honest.

Im getting sick of all these keyboard warriors thinking they know the club in and out, but in truth they know nothing before 2004

Lampard is and will always be a legend at this club.

Great, if you're really "getting sick" of all the foreign fans here, you can better leave TC and join a forum for British Chelsea fans only.

Lampard was a West Ham player before he joined Chelsea. Stop treating him like God and can do whatever he pleases.

Stop finding pathetic excuses. I'm even pretty sure if we never had Roman he would have moved club to Arsenal, Man United or City much earlier if he turned out good like he was.

I thought he was loyal. He is not. Fact.

I beg EVERY Chelsea fan to think and ask this question to yourselves:

"Frank Lampard. Is him playing for Man City acceptable? For a legend?"

If the answer is yes, give me your reason NOW and don't use the 200 goals as a player excuse. VP scored a tonload of goals for Arsenal and is still named a traitor.

Whats your point that he was at west ham?

and if you want to go on facts he never joint City from Chelsea, but VP joined United from Arsenal and he did it cos he wanted to win things and turnt his back on them, Lampard has gone there 1. to stay fit and 2. because i dont think he really had much choice as city owns the team he is at.

and on to your question,

I have never said I was happy that he went to city but i wont let it tarnish what he has done for this club and to me and many others he is and will always be a legend at this club.

Look at our away support at the city game towards him, thats what true fans think of him. still want to sing his name and clap him off the pitch.

Now ask yourself would you support CHelsea if we was not rich and won things? i want you to be 100% honest, cos if he didnt buy us, we might be playing in the 2nd tier of English football by now.

since you were born ???,, well I will admit Ive only been a fan since I was about 40 years old ...

guess I must be a glory hunter

Since I started to watch football. There were many Dutch players at Chelsea like Gullit, Hasselbaink, Melchiot, Zenden and that's why I started to like Chelsea. Does it actually really matter? I just don't like that some of them are insulting foreign fans just because we aren't born and living in England.

Whats your point that he was at west ham?

and if you want to go on facts he never joint City from Chelsea, but VP joined United from Arsenal and he did it cos he wanted to win things and turnt his back on them, Lampard has gone there 1. to stay fit and 2. because i dont think he really had much choice as city owns the team he is at.

and on to your question,

I have never said I was happy that he went to city but i wont let it tarnish what he has done for this club and to me and many others he is and will always be a legend at this club.

Look at our away support at the city game towards him, thats what true fans think of him. still want to sing his name and clap him off the pitch.

Now ask yourself would you support CHelsea if we was not rich and won things? i want you to be 100% honest, cos if he didnt buy us, we might be playing in the 2nd tier of English football by now.

this point i am trying to make, on this and other forums the people slagging off frank, never go the games true representation of chelsea supporters was seen. sunday why don't these people support derby county if they are such football aficionados, no they are gloryhunters who just support the most successful team at the time, i started supporting chelsea when they where in the second division. not because they were successful. if you go on southampton or portsmouth websites there are not even a tenth of overseas supporters.

My point with West Ham is that you asked if these "keyboard warriors" know anything pre-2004, like Lampard was born in Chelsea or something.

Woooow. So instead of Chelsea > City, it's Chelsea > some Man City American club > City. Even if it's on a loan, he is still wearing that City shirt. Then there's a possibility of seeing him play at Stamford Bridge under that disgusting sky blue shirt.

Why can't he stay fit with a different non PL club? Why did he choose to sign for an American club owned by Man City owners? Or wait for itttt WHY didn't he stay with US? Like JT? Because we want to lower his wages?

Many people have said it a billion times already. He signed the paper to join City on a loan. He wasn't forced to go there. They presented him with an option and without a second thought of "Hey, maybe Chelsea wouldn't like this" he signed it. You can't play for City on a loan without your agreement. Fact.

The most annoying thing is that he is put his professional status over his Chelsea legend status. "I must be a professional" how about you MUST show Chelsea fans respect? Drogba did so last season because he loved the club MORE than being a "professional."

The away support was fantastic, can't take that away from them. I was upset that he scored and I still loved Lampard 100% then and to be honest I was gonna keep quiet with this Lampard thing---until City are in talks of a loan extension with Lampard and play him at the Bridge. It was then I jumped out of my Lampard bubble thinking "why is he wearing a City shirt in the first place?"

And do I really have to answer your question? Because this is a Frank Lampard thread not a "How long you have been a fan?" Thread. Because of this I'm not going in to detail. But I can tell you I've been a fan since 13th March 2002 when my old friend told me to support Chelsea and I did.

so why are you not so keen on slagging drogba off? he played against us in the champions league. twice. see armchair supporter. all the gear, no idea!