Frank Lampard

DavidEU

why? it shows the true nature of some "fans".

I have an idea for you guys moderating this forum: make two areas of it. One for the fans and one for the "fans". Apparently, we, the "fans" (a.k.a. those who criticize more and have unpopular opinions sometimes) are very numerous on TC and there are Gods like this guy that I quoted who can help you sort us.

I have an idea for you guys moderating this forum: make two areas of it. One for the fans and one for the "fans". Apparently, we, the "fans" (a.k.a. those who criticize more and have unpopular opinions sometimes) are very numerous on TC and there are Gods like this guy that I quoted who can help you sort us.

Won't work. We will need a 3rd area for fans like you, THE CRIBBING AREA. Cos all some of u do is cry, cry, cry and then cry some more. When not crying, you guys seem to be venting your personal anger and frustration on your poor keyboards.

Sometimes I wonder if u guys signed into TC knowing that it was a TalK CRIBBING forum rather than a talk chelsea forum.

Heard a few comments last night 'Traitor' ' Hes dead to me' etc.

These were the same people that were asking where certain stands were, and loads didnt recognise Zola when he walked past :D

that's the thing if he's there for the return game doubt very much he'll get a bad reception from the crowd either

Back after a long hiatus...

And I must say, I am very disappointed with Lampard. For years I imagined that the day he would finally leave would be one of my saddest days as a Chelsea fan, but alas, that wasn't the case. When he announced he was leaving I felt just... confused, and nothing else. And I blame him for that. I am aware that I will probably open a can of worms with this, having already read some of the comments, but I'm not really sure Lampard feels a real connection with Chelsea anymore, as absurd and ridiculous as this may sound. For me it doesn't matter if he spent 13 years with the club; longevity doesn't necessarily equal loyalty and passion, as Lampard himself has demonstrated perfectly.

The fact that he didn't celebrate his goal to me makes no difference whatsoever. He couldn't hide his real emotions in his post-match interviews and not only did this disappoint me massively, it literally left me with my mouth agape. Hell, even his applauding for the travelling fans to me felt forced and artificial, it looked as though he was obliged to do it and not because he really felt it. Gutted? I don't buy it. Now don't get me wrong, I will be eternally grateful to Lampard the footballer for all those goals and the memories, but I will never forgive him as a person. There is no getting around the fact that what he did is unforgivable, period.

As much as I'm disappointed, I think I have mixed feelings about this whole affair, as I feel it's one of those weird situations where I both agree and disagree with both views at the same time. If a stadium was divided in half for example, with one side singing his name and the other booing him (but what Chelsea fan could possibly boo Lampard?!?!), I honestly wouldn't be able to decide which side I'd be on. Instead, I would probably sit somewhere in the middle, and shout "you fool, look what you've done". The very fact that the fans are questioning his legend status at the club, imo speaks for itself. I was scrolling through pages earlier when I stumbled across an anti-Lampard avatar and I was like, "what the f*ck?". I just sat stunned, frozen in disbelief. If somebody told me just a few months earlier that Lampard the club legend would sink so low as to join one of our biggest rivals, especially after those scenes in Munich, I would either laugh or slap that person in the face. Now that it has happened, I feel as though Lampard has grabbed my own hand and slapped me with it in the face several times. And now he's laughing his ass off because he got away with it.

Was this how we all imagined life at Chelsea without Lampard would be? I don't think so. Is there still loyalty in football? Definitely, but Lampard is clearly no Totti, or Zanetti. To sum up my feelings briefly, I honestly couldn't care less about any future positions for him at Chelsea anymore. They could as well put up posters of him around the Etihad for all I care. Just like he seems to refer to Man City as they (because liek deep connection with Chelsea and stuff), it feels just right that I also refer to him as he from now on.

Great post.

If you compile the anti-Lamps posts with the pro-Lamps content, the anti side is a LOT STRONGER, we go into a lot more depth, there really is no counter-argument.

You go off some assumptions and some of them do not make sense.

Let's see.

Fact 1 - Lampard says he wasn't offered a contract, Mourinho says he was. Word against word, someone is lying, we can't know who is or if both are lying/telling truth from their point of view..

Fact 2 - Lampard is quoted saying he won't be playing for another PL club.

Fact 3 - of all MLS clubs Lampard chose to sign with a club that is affilated with Manchester City.

Fact 4 - Lampard is either completely stupid or he knew that this club won't start playing before Jan/Feb 2015, therefore if he wants to keep himself in condition he will have to go on loan.

Fact 5 - Lampard chose to go on loan to ManCity (or, as some assume, he was forced into it by contract obligations - but it's a contract he signed by his own will).

Fact 6 - "playing high level football to keep fit for National Team" was cited as main excuse of moving back to PL.

Fact 7 - Lampard is unlikely to play much in the National Team, especially being a bench warmer for MC.

And now we can have a situation where he stays at ManCity when the club he signed for goes into pre-season, if rumor about extending his loan becomes reality.

From my point of view it all looks like a bunch of cheap excuses. If Lampard came out and said "ok, Chelsea didn't want me anymore, so I'm continuing my PL career elsewhere, thanks for all and good luck" it would have been more acceptable than this "poor Frankie, he is so stupid he got manipulated into playing for Chelsea's title rival and it makes him so sad" we are hearing. It's all his choices, however you try to get around it.

He could have moved to another MLS club, he could have not gone on loan to City, he could have negotiated not playing against us. But most important - he could have come and explain how he ended up being a City player a week after promissing he won't be playing for any PL club other than Chelsea, and do it without "i didn't know, I didn't think, I didn't want" routine. If he did only the latter, I would still have my utmost respect for him as a man and as a professional. But not now.

I don't exaggerate when I say this is a contender for TC post of the year. if it was possible to like a single post multiple times, I would.

My theory is his feelings got hurt when he read on the news that Drogba was coming back (hurt because they're of the same age). Out of spite, he went and agreed to city move.

But he was offered a contract which he promptly rejected. If he wanted to stay, he would have stayed. Drogba didn't have to comeback either but he chose to out of love as I'm sure he could have earned more money elsewhere than he's currently earning.

Difference between Drogba and Lamps

Drogba-Message.jpg

He went to play for Gala and played against us...

Lampard went to play for new york and has gone there on loan. He was pretty much crying at the end of the city game.

The difference being Lampard scored and Drogba didn't? Or the difference being a player that "needs to go because he is hurting the team, not good enough any more bla bla bla" is now gonna play for city for a few months. Remember that team thats arguably got greater depth than we have... ?