Frank Lampard

DavidEU

A job that he accepted voluntarily.

Makes little difference at all, he isn't a Chelsea player and it's his choice who he plays for.

People need to start drying their eyes and quickly.

If you do not care to see a legend of your club play for a rival club, I congratulate you. Others are not so pragmatic.

He will always be a legend, and as quick as I embraced him here I have let him go and wish him the best.

City or no City his legacy lives on at Chelsea and it will never ever be tainted IMO.

Frank Lampard admits he would still be a Chelsea player had a contract extension been put to him at Stamford Bridge.

Lampard told The Sun: “I would have obviously stayed if Chelsea had offered me another year. There was no reason for me to leave.

“Yes, I wanted to play a bit more regularly but I’m not stupid.

“If Chelsea had given me a new contract it would have been mad not to take it at the time.

“It wasn’t that I didn’t think I could still do it. If I felt like that I wouldn’t have gone to City on loan.

“I had a chat with Jose Mourinho and both he and the club were always great with me. The decision was made – and I don’t know who made it.”

He added: “When we won the Champions League I knew there would be some sort of evolution. Chelsea wanted to bring in some younger players and it was the right move for the club.

“We had a fantastic spine of players who helped carry us through from one manager to another and win things, but it doesn’t last forever.

“Jose was brilliant about it. I didn’t walk out with any bad feelings towards him or the club.

“I knew things were coming to a head but I’m realistic and, in football, I move on quite quickly.

“I also felt like I didn’t want to be a player who faded away – with that being the last memory people had of me.

“So maybe it was the right time. Maybe it was right that the club took it out of my hands.

“I certainly didn’t want to go until I was 40 and just being rolled out for the Capital One Cup after the great times I had at the club.

“What I really want now is to make a really positive impact in my time at Manchester City and then again in the next stage of my career.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9456722/premier-league-frank-lampard-would-have-stayed-at-chelsea-if-offered-deal

He will always be a legend, and as quick as I embraced him here I have let him go and wish him the best.

City or no City his legacy lives on at Chelsea and it will never ever be tainted IMO.

A legend of our club who voluntarily decided to play for a rival club after saying he would not. Does not seem right, it is my opinion and I will not change it.

A legend of our club who voluntarily decided to play for a rival club after saying he would not. It does not seem correct, it is my opinion and I am not going to change it.

I don't expect you to, this a forum and we discuss things. Everyone has an opinion.

Will always respect him, he gave alot to our club, but it doesnt realy matter if he got contract extension or not, greatest legends never join rival under ANY circumstances. And he is probably greatest legend of Chelsea.

One day he will come back here, as part of the board, and continue his chelsea legacy.

Frank Lampard admits he would still be a Chelsea player had a contract extension been put to him at Stamford Bridge.

Lampard told The Sun: I would have obviously stayed if Chelsea had offered me another year. There was no reason for me to leave.

Yes, I wanted to play a bit more regularly but Im not stupid.

If Chelsea had given me a new contract it would have been mad not to take it at the time.

It wasnt that I didnt think I could still do it. If I felt like that I wouldnt have gone to City on loan.

I had a chat with Jose Mourinho and both he and the club were always great with me. The decision was made and I dont know who made it.

He added: When we won the Champions League I knew there would be some sort of evolution. Chelsea wanted to bring in some younger players and it was the right move for the club.

We had a fantastic spine of players who helped carry us through from one manager to another and win things, but it doesnt last forever.

Jose was brilliant about it. I didnt walk out with any bad feelings towards him or the club.

I knew things were coming to a head but Im realistic and, in football, I move on quite quickly.

I also felt like I didnt want to be a player who faded away with that being the last memory people had of me.

So maybe it was the right time. Maybe it was right that the club took it out of my hands.

I certainly didnt want to go until I was 40 and just being rolled out for the Capital One Cup after the great times I had at the club.

What I really want now is to make a really positive impact in my time at Manchester City and then again in the next stage of my career.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9456722/premier-league-frank-lampard-would-have-stayed-at-chelsea-if-offered-deal

:( kinda sad reading that