Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I've made this point clear in here before and I will try and make it again, but please read it and understand it.

This thread will divide opinion probably more than any other thread on here because of the player concerned in the debate. Lads, debate is fine, no problem with that at all, its when the sly the digs and provoking of others kicks in is when it all starts to go pear shaped and we have to step in. There has been a number of incidents in this thread which closed it down and as mods we don't want that, we want these threads to run smoothly and without us having to step in every two minutes. Us mods have a role to keep as much as we can on track and keep the forum running smoothly and as members you can easily help us by staying on track and being civil, that's all we ask. If this is adhered too all is good, and this applies for every thread on the forum. Keep it clean, keep it civil and keep on track on our jobs is easy and you help to move the forum forward.

Not everyone will agree on everything, debate it right or agree to disagree. This isn't who gets the most house-points and who wins the most cakes, it's just debate. We are all here for the same thing, to chat, raise points and be civil…..if we can't stick to the basics then you shouldn't be here. So my advice to you all is simple……Play nice, enjoy the forum and most of all respect others.

Take this advice into threads and respect others and this forum will be better for it.

I think it should just stay locked. He's gone, he's made a terrible decision. Nothing we can do lets all move on instead of slagging each other.

He's not made a terrible decision at all. He's made one for the betterment of his own career. He had an interview with Sky Sports News on Friday saying he had absolutely no intention of joining them. He said he moved to New York City F.C. because what they offered was a no-brainer, and it was clear he was going to be leaving Chelsea from around Christmastime. He said the chance to move to City only emerged after he signed for the MLS franchise, and that it was one that would a - prolong his England career, b - help him maintain sharpness and match fitness ahead of the new MLS season, and c - keep him close to his family. He probably won't even get in their matchday 18. I really, really, can't see what the problem is here.

He's not made a terrible decision at all. He's made one for the betterment of his own career. He had an interview with Sky Sports News on Friday saying he had absolutely no intention of joining them. He said he moved to New York City F.C. because what they offered was a no-brainer, and it was clear he was going to be leaving Chelsea from around Christmastime. He said the chance to move to City only emerged after he signed for the MLS franchise, and that it was one that would a - prolong his England career, b - help him maintain sharpness and match fitness ahead of the new MLS season, and c - keep him close to his family. He probably won't even get in their matchday 18. I really, really, can't see what the problem is here.

d- upset a whole lot of Chelsea fans and e- Give City fans the bragging rights and a 'psychological edge' which is why I think they wanted him in the first place because, as you said, he probably won't make their matchday 18 very often.

An Emma Watson nipple slip would also be none of my business, but you know..

It's not necessarily hypocritical, the point I was making about 'football context' was just to demonstrate where the line can be drawn.

is it me or do alot of people in this forum like Emma Watson?

d- upset a whole lot of Chelsea fans and e- Give City fans the bragging rights and a 'psychological edge' which is why I think they wanted him in the first place because, as you said, he probably won't make their matchday 18 very often.

If any City fan genuinely thinks signing Lampard - a player surplus to requirements at Chelsea that only played so frequently last year because we had neither Matic nor Fabregas - on a 3-month loan deal offers them any sort of psychological edge then they are really scraping the barrel.

Refusing to see any pictures of him in a City shirt. He's a player I've always idolised. Every time I've had to write something growing up about a personality, it's almost always been Lampard. Just can't hate him for this move. You can't not love him. Never thought I'd ever see him representing another English club...

is it me or do alot of people in this forum like Emma Watson?

Well I'm a massive lover of the Harry Potter series.

If any City fan genuinely thinks signing Lampard - a player surplus to requirements at Chelsea that only played so frequently last year because we had neither Matic nor Fabregas - on a 3-month loan deal offers them any sort of psychological edge then they are really scraping the barrel.

He'd be more useful to us if he was still here than he could ever be for City. Just wish we could do what Man United do in how they keep their club legends like Scholes, Giggs. (Yes there are exceptions like Ferdinand etc.)

This is why it should just stay closed, its so repetive and frankly boring now.

If that is how you feel, totally fine. I totally disagree, he has made a HUGE MISTAKE, but he obviously didnt care how it would be seen, shame but I am sooooo bored talking about it.

I'll stick to supporting the guys who actually play for us and our coming season, Frank can do what he wants.