Frank Lampard

DavidEU

However, speaking at a press conference ahead of Sunday's Community Shield against Arsenal, Pellegrini defended his new signing: 'I don't understand the reaction of Chelsea fans that say he is a traitor.

'The problem was not that Frank Lampard did not want to sign another contract at Chelsea. Chelsea didn't want him anymore and he wants to continue playing. He is a competitive player and very important for our team.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2719836/Frank-Lampard-not-traitor-signing-Manchester-City-says-Manuel-Pellegrini.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Oh well if Pellgrini says Mourinho is lying..

Does this tarnish Lamps legacy? Is he not a legend? Is he a traitor or Judas?

Do you see the world in absolutes? I know I don't.

To attempt to give you an answer:

Certainly to a degree. Yes he is. No, those words are too strong.

Also, to tackle something I saw earlier in the thread. I could understand the sort of denial that is needed to say that the move makes no difference to someone but arguing that Lampard had no say in it is absurd. He's a multi-millionaire not a modern slave.

Offtopic: Glad to see so many of you still active(ly lurking ;) ) :tophat:

Guess there's a certain sort that sticks around and another that bails.

Certainly to a degree.

In your opinion.

Tarnished.

Don't be silly. He's still the same legend he was two weeks ago.

Fact is from the moment he arrived from West Ham to the time we decided we didn't need him in the same capacity he gave probably more than almost any other player to this club, and represented us superbly both on and off the pitch.

People measuring the degrees of legendary status to attribute to players is a little silly, because you're only going to open up certain legends (like a certain CLL) to criticism they aren't deserving of.

He's a legend. He's one of the greatest players we've ever had.

Not broke mine, nor am i in denial, you cant just speak on behalf of us all or i can just say that all Chelsea fans that are hurt are in denial.

Thats fine but 'a number' of people i personally know and a few on here do feel a real sense of hurt by this move.

If you dont that's fine, up to you.

The people admitting they are upset are in denial you say?? what are they denying?? Rubbish <_<

Each to their own mate, lets please leave it.

xPetrCechx I can't understand why you would post those pictures :cry:

Thats fine but 'a number' of people i personally know and a few on here do feel a real sense of hurt by this move.

If you dont that's fine, up to you.

The people admitting they are upset are in denial you say?? what are they denying?? Rubbish <_<

Each to their own mate, lets please leave it.

xPetrCechx I can't understand why you would post those pictures :cry:

I was making a point at what you said about how people feel. Wernt saying how people should feel.

I was making a point at what you said about how people feel. Wernt saying how people should feel.

whatever you say mate :)

Moving on.....

I hope Cesc can be even a quarter of the player that Frank was, he was wonderful for us.