Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Not necessarily NYC fans who will google it, but 'new' American football fans in general who will look at things on face value. 'Frank Lampard, former Manchester City player' that's his identity now to the NYC PR team. Not every kid gives enough of a shit to look up peoples life story, and the NYC marketing depart know that.

Honestly who cares? Proper football fans know he's a Chelsea legend.

If Gerrard leaves Liverpool and decides he wants to go and play in the A-League for Melbourne City F.C., but goes to City to train and stay fit for six months, will he be considered a judas as well? Will he be remembered as "former Manchester City player, Steven Gerrard"? No he fucking won't. The same for Frank.

If Gerrard leaves Liverpool and decides he wants to go and play in the A-League for Melbourne City F.C., but goes to City to train and stay fit for six months, will he be considered a judas as well? Will he be remembered as "former Manchester City player, Steven Gerrard"? No he fucking won't. The same for Frank.

It's about perspectives, there is indeed a demographic (described above) who will now know Lampard as 'former City player'. Most media outlets (TV etc) only use the last former club to describe players, NYC will milk it for all it's worth in the US, they don't have to use dirty words like 'Chelsea' now.

Not necessarily NYC fans who will google it, but 'new' American football fans in general who will look at things on face value. 'Frank Lampard, former Manchester City player' that's his identity now to the NYC PR team. Not every kid gives enough of a shit to look up peoples life story, and the NYC marketing depart know that.

And then they will search what is so great abt the "former Manchester City player" on You Tube ( because the compilations are big these days it seems) ... Oops he has being scoring way more in a different shade of blue ... :)

Hell! Who cares!!!

And then they will search what is so great abt the "former Manchester City player" on You Tube ( because the compilations are big these days it seems) ... Oops he has being scoring way more in a different shade of blue ... :)

Hell! Who cares!!!

Again, American non-NYC only care about 'face value' in regards to other clubs (to a certain age demographic or how involved they are in the sport). I remember watching a documentary about Beckham moving to LA, those fans knew about him being british/underwear model.

Lampard is whatever the NYC marketing men tell you he is.

And tbh, I don't care about that either, it's just interesting.

Being a fraud and deceiving Chelsea fans about his love and respect for the club is all I care about.

The funny thing is that everyone here knows this is all bollocks and you wouldn't actually dare say something like this at the Bridge because you'd be ridiculed and mocked (much like you have been on here oh 'Mourinho's dead to me').

You're the Fox News of this place, using silly, emotive language to try and rile people up and being largely ignored whist actually under the misapprehension of forming cogent, reasoned arguments.

But please, don't stop. We're all having too much fun watching you. :clap::clap:

Being a fraud and deceiving Chelsea fans about his love and respect for the club is all I care about.

You know extremist like you are one of the reason I avoid fan forums in general...the level of stupidity in this is actively affecting my brain cells smh

How is he a fraud?

Is it because he is a footballer motivated by money - even a human being motivated by money? Stone the crows.