Frank Lampard

DavidEU

But that's what comes with being an 'international top team' who needs top players. You can't expect to employ these players and then get uppity when they join other 'international top teams'.

Very true, but for me there's a clear difference between the vast majority of mercenaries, who switch clubs every couple of seasons and who no one really identifies with, and the true long-serving club icons like Lampard and Terry. You need a couple of those players to create a club identity. If they start switching as well, there's little left for a supporter to identify with. It quite simply doesn't feel right.

That's actually a fair point but it's just the reality of the modern age where those prepared to say the most outrageous things garner the most attention which implies a standing they simply don't have. To use Terminator X's Fox News analogy once again (correctly) they have commentators who will say outrageous things simply to get attention in the next day's news cycle.

I'm guilty of reacting to his comments when the mature thing would simply be to ignore these 'extreme' views.

As for the first bit of your post, we've been over it before and it's not worth rehashing it. Good points though.

Fair enough man. Let's both agree not to be baited in future. The forum is a much better place for it. :)

I'm sure the move to City was discussed before he signed the contract with NYC.

Similarly, NYFC will not want to make their new superstar and "poster boy" (for want of a better term) unhappy. Of course he has agreed to the move to City. Let's not act like he's being held hostage there just because it makes us feel better.

Nah. I like to imagine:

Frank signs the NYC contract.

Handshakes and smiles all around, photos etc. etc.

Frank: "Great! I can't wait to start! So will I just book my flight to Melbourne for the meantime? Or can I train at Chelsea?"

Sheik: ".........."

*Long pause*

Suddenly, Manuel Pellegrini jumps out of a cupboard at the back of the room! He smells of Jack Rodwell's tears and has a mischievous grin...and probably a floppy rubber very real gun.

Pellegrini: "Surprise bitch!"

Nah. I like to imagine:

Frank signs the NYC contract.

Handshakes and smiles all around, photos etc. etc.

Frank: "Great! I can't wait to start! So will I just book my flight to Melbourne for the meantime? Or can I train at Chelsea?"

Sheik: ".........."

*Long pause*

Suddenly, Manuel Pellegrini jumps out of a cupboard at the back of the room! He smells of Jack Rodwell's tears and has a mischievous grin...and probably a floppy rubber very real gun.

Pellegrini: "Surprise bitch!"

I like this... this is now what I believe happened.

It's good you're not over-reacting to this or anything... I suppose he'll also then go on to go back in time and kill the baby jesus before coming back to knock ice creams out of orphans hands when his contract is up with City.

Post of the century.

Can someone imagine Lampard scoring his first goal for City? What's he gonna do: run screaming towards City fans, kiss their embly??

Maybe he'll f*ck up deliberately to help us a hand??

Nah, too much of a professional for that.

*Sigh*

Get over yourselves. Simple reality of life is that fans are more loyal to clubs than players due to money.

We pay, they get paid

Fans invest emotional attachment in what is little more than a 'brand' , players invest in hedge funds and share portfolios

This is just disgusting to see one of our legends to play for those scums who are our main rival. This is really disgusting.

Especially the one whom we adored so much and have utmost respect for what he did. If I were him I would have never joined City.

This move is just for money I seriously think. Otherwise he could have joined with VIlla at Australian club.

And even he himself said he can't imagine playing for any other club rather than Chelsea in Premier League....

Seriously you can't imagine how sad I am.