Frank Lampard

DavidEU

There's no reason to change it. That's one of the greatest moments in our history, featuring one of the greatest players in our history. That hasn't changed.

The guy called my bluff on it. I had to save face and say i would change it even if i didn't really want to :lol:

No reason why he couldn't have trained with QPR unofficially, uncle Harry will have given it the go-ahead. Beckham did the same with Arsenal, and it's not as if Frank is gonna get enough games to justify signing a player contract anyway.

If he wanted to be 'closer to his family', don't fucking move to AMERICA in the first place.

I don't agree with any of your points and if you're interested, I'll say why.

Mourinho has already said Frank was offered a deal like Ash but both rejected. I was in favour of Lampard moving abroad (I did state pessimism about NYC) because it wouldn't affect Chelsea's ambitions.

It doesn't matter if he plays for them or not. The point for us who are not happy more than others is that he's playing for a direct title rival. It's as bad as Liverpool, Arsenal or United.

If he wanted solely to train, Mourinho said Abramovic promised Lampard a job for life. He could've signed his 6 month loan with us.

Lampard even said Uncle Harry wanted him at QPR but he didn't want to move because it was too close to Chelsea. Well, if he was just training that surely staying in London is a bigger incentive?

As for your third and fourth point, Lampard shouldn't be willing to offer to help City in their quest for success. He should be thinking how to help Chelsea, if he really did reject QPR for the fans. Even if NYC and City have the same owners, he would've been told about this in negotiations and yet he STILL proceeded.

Other MLS clubs wanted him, LA Galaxy the most prominent. So he wasn't short of options.

Yes, I am interested in what you said and to a certain extent I will agree with you. But I dont rate Frank anymore as a player who could damage our title hopes. And I think that had he signed for QPR he would have helped them immensely, but that at City he is only there to make up the home grown numbers. And I also know he wasn't short of other offers, but New York is owned by Man City therefore I think he may not have had too much of a choice.

But, look, I do understand your very valid points, I just think that Frank is finished at the top level of football and will not cause us any harm, and hopefully at the end of the season we will be holding the Premiership title, no matter who Citeh sign.

I will be very surprised if we don't win the title, and that the form and performances of Frank Lampard are the reason why!!!!

There is only a very small minority on here anyway who've taken 'extreme' views and I hardly see them posting pictures of them burning shirts or saying he isn't a legend anymore? I didn't see the 'Judas' post, but I imagine it was only 1 random person out of the hundreds who have posted here. You should really stop sensationalising your opposition's views to suit your argument. Simply to say that you are disappointed in Frank's actions is a perfectly reasonable reaction.

That's actually a fair point but it's just the reality of the modern age where those prepared to say the most outrageous things garner the most attention which implies a standing they simply don't have. To use Terminator X's Fox News analogy once again (correctly) they have commentators who will say outrageous things simply to get attention in the next day's news cycle.

I'm guilty of reacting to his comments when the mature thing would simply be to ignore these 'extreme' views.

As for the first bit of your post, we've been over it before and it's not worth rehashing it. Good points though.

Think it's safe to say that being a proper fan, (or is using that term forbidden all of a sudden?) is being able to identify our geographical rivalries that have spanned for decades even before we existed.

When someone states that Frank should have been moved to QPR, that will inevitably raise some questions by other members. Kinell, hope there isn't a lad out there who would of suggested he moved to Millwall...

... still should've sticked to his word and not moved to another EPL club. Except if it were to be Sunderland or some other far away bottom half club no one cares about.

But that's what comes with being an 'international top team' who needs top players. You can't expect to employ these players and then get uppity when they join other 'international top teams'.

That's just something you have to live with if you're a fan of an 'international top team'.

Think it's safe to say that being a proper fan, (or is using that term forbidden all of a sudden?) is being able to identify our geographical rivalries that have spanned for decades even before we existed.

When someone states that Frank should have been moved to QPR, that will inevitably raise some questions by other members. Kinell, hope there isn't a lad out there who would of suggested he moved to Millwall...

I would have ;) my old man is a Lion ;)

I don't mind them TBH - they play in Blue, have a Lion on their shirts - are never going to threaten us competitively ;)

Plus they have worked hard to get rid of the media bias towards them - something we are doing - so I share their pain a little - plus they looked after my old man on his 60th when I paid for a VIP package...

Was chatting to some ex Pros (doing some Charity work with them)

Their take:

Frank has a contract - in his contract its 99% certain that he has a clause saying 'from time to time, not unreasonable etc, to perform services to affiliated contractual parties'

It's essentially a 'substitution' clause (happens in most contracts)...

Now, Frank might not like it - but he's not the kind of guy to breach a contract. So I think his hands are somewhat tied.

And Frank will likely keep his head down until he finishes the contract, then comment - that's just the way he is... (According to them - one of 'them' was Paul Terry - JT's brother/agent)