Frank Lampard

DavidEU

The only scare we've had with Terry was when him and his agent used certain tactics to get him a bumper contract. He was 28 years old then, he could have given 7 years to another club, 'arguably' enough to be a legend elsewhere. He's got too much invested in being Chelsea 'through and through' now, both on a personal and economic level to throw it all away.

Yeah and plus the fact he's accepted the club's deal does speak volumes. I wonder if he'll be our first 'one club' player in modern Chelsea history..

Yeah and plus the fact he's accepted the club's deal does speak volumes. I wonder if he'll be our first 'one club' player in modern Chelsea history..

Hope so, unless we start playing with a high line, I can't see why he won't be able to feature in the side. +With the way it's going with the HG quota, we might need him.

Unlike Lamps, he won't leave a bad taste in our mouths, always got the impression he has the fans and his legacy in the back of his mind.

We can only hope he's speaking truth Term. I really believed Lampard, I was more convicted Terry would do something like this if I'm being honest.

Really? The exact opposite to me. Because Frank has always been the player to act with his head and despite all he has done for the club, he always seemed to be thinking of his own interest first and foremost which don't get me wrong he has every right to do. While JT has always been the most passionate player in the team who acts with his emotions and puts his body and his all on the line for the team.

Loyality isn't logical, it's emotional and passionate.

Hope so, unless we start playing with a high line, I can't see why he won't be able to feature in the side. +With the way it's going with the HG quota, we might need him.

Unlike Lamps, he won't leave a bad taste in our mouths, always got the impression he has the fans and his legacy in the back of his mind.

Probably because despite all the controversy Terry went through the fans stood by him. Through the affair, England captaincy, Moscow, Barcelona etc.

You were spot on with the Vieira comment imo. He was meant to be an Arsenal man through and through. Captain of the invincibles and all those legendary tags, now he's leading their future talent in a management capacity.

I hope Lampard shows a bit of loyalty in that aspect. but after this, it sends a message.

I don't understand how some people are ok with this???

Frank said only 12 months ago he would never play for another top flight club. Out of pure loyalty to the club he shouldn't have even considered this move. For the fans who sang his name for 13 years, who worshipped the man. It is one giant kick in the bollocks to us all.

13 years he built a legacy at this club. One i thought could never be touched. He was our biggest ever legend. With one disgusting move. He has torn it all down.

Yes, what he achieved here will never be forgotten of course it won't. But i will never look at him the same way again after the way he has made me feel the last few days. Biggest ever legend no more.

Frank said only 12 months ago he would never play for another top flight club. Out of pure loyalty to the club he shouldn't have even considered this move. For the fans who sang his name for 13 years, who worshipped the man. It is one giant kick in the bollocks to us all.

13 years he built a legacy at this club. One i thought could never be touched. He was our biggest ever legend. With one disgusting move. He has torn it all down.

Yes, what he achieved here will never be forgotten of course it won't. But i will never look at him the same way again after the way he has made me feel the last few days. Biggest ever legend no more.

Best change your profile picture then

Really? The exact opposite to me. Because Frank has always been the player to act with his head and despite all he has done for the club, he always seemed to be thinking of his own interest first and foremost which don't get me wrong he has every right to do. While JT has always been the most passionate player in the team who acts with his emotions and puts his body and his all on the line for the team.

Locality isn't logical, it's emotional and passionate.

Yeah I get what you mean, I'm not sure why I felt it would've been JT, but it was just a comparison of how I felt which player wouldn't do this rather than would. if that makes sense?

Exactly.

There seems to be a myth that we're all suddenly ungrateful to what he's achieved for us. no one's forgotten that or belittling that.

It's the legacy of Lampard that's become tarnished, not his accomplishments and contributions.

Yeah I get what you mean, I'm not sure why I felt it would've been JT, but it was just a comparison of how I felt which player wouldn't do this rather than would. if that makes sense?

No. No, it doesn't :P

No, I get it. Frank has rarely ever done something to upset the fans in the slightest, so you would expect that he'd be the one who wouldn't do it.

Oh, c'mon, some of the posts here are so radical it is even amusing in a certain way...

Let's sum it up - this situation is unpleasant in any way you look at it, I really don't think that there is even one Chelsea fan who is really happy with Lampard moving to City, can we agree on that? Ok. The second thing is, like someone wrote here a few pages back, fans are really an emotional bunch and the main idea is that you can't truly change one's feelings about this kind of things, it's just what you feel (or don't feel...) and I think that the more you quarrel with each other, the worst it gets.

Anyway, you have to chill out and drink a glass of water before the next extreme and radical post you are about to write. Franky is going to be a City player for six monts, it's a fact. You can only get used to it as the time passes and learn how to live with that, doesn't matter what you feel. The other thing that is also certain in 100% is that this move of his will not, in any way, affect Lampard's image as a true Chelsea legend, and if you don't understand it now, you will later.

Those people have just stuck their heads in the sand and took the happy road, and fair play to them. There is a lot of politics on this forum, certain people will back their 'e-friends' and gang up on certain people. A lot of misinformation, taking things out of context, personal agendas etc.

This really has not bothered me as much as i thought it would tbh, dont really know why. i can see points from both sides tbh, but this is just how football is these days one player says on thing and does the complete other.

Dont forget that he left West Ham to Join one of there rivals. and back then we were alot closer than we are as clubs now. there are so many players that do this now days.

I really do think that the last player we will see stay so loyal to his club is John Terry.

Those people have just stuck their heads in the sand and took the happy road, and fair play to them. There is a lot of politics on this forum, certain people will back their 'e-friends' and gang up on certain people. A lot of misinformation, taking things out of context, personal agendas etc.

This is just plain nonsense Lampard going to City for 6 month at a point in his career when he has given his all for Chelsea is nothing to get all up in arms over, if this was when he was in his prime he went and sign a 6 year contract then I would feel something but as of now I just see a lot of people being ridiculously stupid over a minor thing and this is coming from a man who consider Lampard next to Zola as his favorite all time Chelsea player.