Frank Lampard

DavidEU

To play in New York, the world's largest sports and media market. Not Seattle, New York. Not Toronto, New York. Not Kansas City (anymore Toto), New York. http://en.wikipedia....i/New_York_City

Wow, really? I didn't know that. Seriously, are you 5 or something?

I personally believe that he'll play a fair few games which keeps him in Hodgson's mind going forward especially with Gerrard and Cole having retired.

Pretty weak argument when he only played in the WC when England were already knocked out. I thought Hodgson was investing in youth anyway? He's 36 and moving to the MLS for fuck sake. He would be picked on sentiment only and all for what? To sit on the bench? Carrick has a much better chance of starting ahead of him now with Van Gaal at the helm...

Either way, his legacy is undamaged. He's a legend at Stamford Bridge and that won't change because a few people get their knickers in a twist in 140 characters or less.

Did I say it would?

Nope. I really wish people would stop pretending that the people who are disappointed in Lampard are saying his legacy is tarnished. One is not the same, no matter how much you want it to be to suit your argument.

Pretty weak argument when he only played in the WC when England were already knocked out. I thought Hodgson was investing in youth anyway? He's 36 and moving to the MLS for fuck sake. He would be picked on sentiment only and all for what? To sit on the bench? Carrick has a much better chance of starting ahead of him now with Van Gaal at the helm...

Carrick is out injured for a couple more months.

Chicago > New York tbh and Seattle is the soccer capital of the USA.

What does > mean in relation to Chicago and New York?

Sorry, but you have literally no chance of making an argument against the attractiveness of New York. You'd be better off going down the route of pretending Melbourne is some huge attraction to a top sportsman who isn't a rugby loig Neanderthal.

What does > mean in relation to Chicago and New York?

Sorry, but you have literally no chance of making an argument against the attractiveness of New York. You'd be better off going down the route of pretending Melbourne is some huge attraction to a top sportsman who isn't a rugby loig Neanderthal.

If I were to choose a city to live in it would be Chicago.

hahahahaha AHAHAHA holy shit you literally know nothing of Melbourne do you? I wish there were other Australian users here to read this.

hahahahaha AHAHAHA holy shit you literally know nothing of Melbourne do you? I wish there were other Australian users here to read this.

There's a difference between between well-known and wealthy in New York from almost anywhere else on Earth. It's the media capital of the world and a massive potential market for football (as well as Lampard's missus who works in the media). Melbourne is a fine, cosmopolitan city from what I understand, but it's not New York and there's really no argument against that.

This whole discussion is feeling a little silly to be honest so I'm going to end it there before you say anything else.

He's a football player who wants to stay fit, he's done way too much for us and asking him not to play at all for 6 whole months isn't what he deserves.

Again I ask you if he wants to stay fit, why not just come back to us? The fitness reasoning is irrelevant IMO, it's not like City were the only club on the planet willing to loan Frank for fitness reasons.

Again I ask you if he wants to stay fit, why not just come back to us? The fitness reasoning is irrelevant IMO, it's not like City were the only club on the world willing to loan Frank for fitness reasons.

So where else could he have stayed match fit at the top level of football?

So where else could he have stayed match fit at the top level of football?

Why not here? He's not going to play much at City at all, especially if their top 3/4 midfielders stay fit (Silva if he's playing at the 10, Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando)... I'd even argue that he'd be able to play just as much, if not even more here. There's certainly space for a legend like Lamps to be at the club for a mere 6 months...

I don't like how hjperdeath is sort of insinuating that the club offered him a really bad deal so Frank has a right to sort of retaliate because our club is awful etc. so we shouldn't be disappointed with Frank, but disappointed with the club and I think that's bollocks to be frank. I can't imagine us or Jose refusing to loan Lamps for 6 months.

I don't see anything we here at CFC can't offer Frank that City can for 6 months, apart from money maybe.

Why not here? He's not going to play much at City at all, especially if their top 3/4 midfielders stay fit (Silva if he's playing at the 10, Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando)... I'd even argue that he'd be able to play just as much, if not even more here. There's certainly space for a legend like Lamps to be at the club for a mere 6 months...

I don't like how hjperdeath is sort of insinuating that the club offered him a really bad deal so Frank has a right to sort of retaliate because our club is awful etc. so we shouldn't be disappointed with Frank, but disappointed with the club and I think that's bollocks to be frank. I can't imagine us or Jose refusing to loan Lamps for 6 months.

I don't see anything we here at CFC can't offer Frank that City can for 6 months, apart from money maybe.

Why would NYCFC be willing to loan him to us?

No, I doubt it.

Chicago is one of the most dangerous cities in the world. You probably been the suburbs of chitown....

And spend a winter in chicago and than tell me how much you love it there. Illinois people call everything chicago these days.