Frank Lampard

DavidEU

When something happens to a club you love, you delude yourselfs into being happy with the situation, because you have no control over it.

Lampard always had this dark side about him tbf, I remember him smiling and laughing the game after AVB was sacked; he knew the camera was on him.

I never knew smiling wasn't allowed, plus how exactly do you relate him smiling to the AVB decision? I am really intrigued to know the answer.

I won't tell people how to feel about Frank's move. The way they react has to do with the way they've been grown, their life experience, etc.

So IMO people with good understanding of professional sport and why not life as a whole, will respect Lamps' decision given the circumstances and move on, no matter how hard it will be seeing him putting on the shirt of another EPL team. ANd then on the other hand you have a bunch of morons who are calling him Judas and are ready to strip him of his legendary status.

If that were to happen, then the stick he would get would be justified. Fans are a sentimental bunch, what else is there to being a supporter? Strictly business? Can't see people being passionate fans of business...

What's the use of being a passionate fan if you're acting like a childish prick who thinks the professional footballers are his emotional playthings (a fellow member used that phrase above). Actually that description fits perfectly the always outraged scouser lowlifes.

I never knew smiling wasn't allowed, plus how exactly do you relate him smiling to the AVB decision? I am really intrigued to know the answer.

I don't have the video footage, the moment we saw him 'having a laugh' with a smile like a cheshire cat on his face though, the match thread blew up. People saying things like the 'players won' etc. Funny how it works, we've 'conveniently' forgotten about that.

If he won't play, he should've gone somewhere else. I wouldn't have even cared if he'd gone to QPR. I don't like them but they ain't our level. Rio went there, why not Lamps too. I know Man City own NYC but they can't force someone to go somewhere. NYC is not MC.

I don't have the video footage, the moment we saw him having a laugh with a smile like a cheshire cat on his face though, the match thread blew up. People saying things like the 'players won' etc. Funny how it works, we've 'conveniently' forgotten about that.

Maybe someone said something funny :dunno:

I respect your opinion but can't help feeling you are taking all this to a whole new level.

4FA0TSf.png

I won't tell people how to feel about Frank's move. The way they react has to do with the way they've been grown, their life experience, etc.

So IMO people with good understanding of professional sport and why not life as a whole, will respect Lamps' decision given the circumstances and move on, no matter how hard it will be seeing him putting on the shirt of another EPL team. ANd then on the other hand you have a bunch of morons who are calling him Judas and are ready to strip him of his legendary status.

What's the use of being a passionate fan if you're acting like a childish prick who thinks the professional footballers are his emotional playthings (a fellow member used that phrase above). Actually that description fits perfectly the always outraged scouser lowlifes.

Oh ffs, here we go again with the real world employee comparisons, this is not Salomon Kalou.. this is a cult figure. Lampard's status at this club comes with it responsibility, Cole & Drogba handled themselves with class when they left; why can't Frank show the same respect to the fans and his legacy.

If he won't play, he should've gone somewhere else. I wouldn't have even cared if he'd gone to QPR. I don't like them but they ain't our level. Rio went there, why not Lamps too. I know Man City own NYC but they can't force someone to go somewhere. NYC is not MC.

They actually can. Cause they own the club. It was either City or nothing because NY knows that if they corner him, and not let him go to Australia then he'll have no other option than City who desperately need an English player. The fact that we aren't taking the side of a man who's given over 10 years and everything for the club while thinking that a rival club are innocent tells a lot about us. Lampard has no say in a loan offer apart from agreeing a contract. And City have money. Fuck loads of it.

Funny you should mention Soulja Boy Kalou, TX, because he is one of the few exceptions to the rule of 'football stars must be cunts or they wouldn't be stars'.

Guess what. He isn't a star. Because of his lack of 'killer instinct'.

Do you truly believe that at City he'll have an elevated squad status? He'd still pretty much be backup behind the likes of Yaya, Silva, Fernandinho, Fernando etc... I can't really see his ambitions not being matched here at CFC... The main reason for his loan has to be fitness right? Why can't he do that here for 6 months?

I think he'll play a bit more at City than he would here, but the issue is clearly the relationship between NYCFC and MCFC. Who knows if we'd want him or if they'd loan him to us?

I also don't think it's just about fitness because he clearly thinks he can still compete for England so why not play for a team in the Champions League?

Frank Lampard is a wealthy man, a living legend, a god for us. He does not have to play for Man City. In fact, he doesn't have to do anything. He could so easily just say fuck off to NYC and MC and fuck off somewhere else.

He's an intelligent man. He didn't have to play football for a living. He didn't have to work his bollocks off on his fitness.

But he did, because he's a competitor. Don't you dare cheer a single goal that was the result of years of commitment and dedication to his profession then expect him to quit because it might make you unhappy.

Lampard joining a rival (well title-contending rival) is a shock because we're so used to seeing the dependable Frank Lampard on the pitch or on the bench in Chelsea colours....seeing him in a City jersey will be a weird feeling

Mourinho joining a rival club wouldn't be a shock to fans because managers do it all the time

Not the same thing at all. Mourinho is a world-class manager who will still be one of the best even at 40,50,60 years of age. Whereas Lampard is a club icon and has been the club's "face" for such a long time and at the age of 36 has little to offer footballing terms - though his influence in the dressing room and the experience he brings to the squad can't be underestimated. Wouldn't be easier and more respectful to spend the 6 months somewhere else and not upset majority of fanbase? Football is business but you'd expect that kind of mutual respect from a player like Lampard. Question is why City if it's only 6 months anyway? Only reason I can think of is that he still wants to get into England team. I do wish him well though, been a loyal servant of the club for such a long time, this move won't change much in my eyes.

Managers change clubs all the time and top-top managers are hard to come by, especially as impressive record as Mourinho has in the Premier League and also in other clubs. So no, it'd be quite understandable (although strange) to see Mourinho as the manager of some of our direct rival club and I'd wish him well especially if we have a manager at our club who is doing well.

I don't necessarily disagree with your points in general but let's not pretend as if Mourinho was just another manager at the club. We all have much more emotional attachment with him than we do with other managers. If Ancelotti or Hiddink, who we like, joins one of our rivals, think we all can still live with it because they were only here for a short period of time. But not with Mourinho. He declared himself as one of us and the fans no doubt take him as one of us too. If he joins United, City etc, there will be outrage. And I remembered some here even went ballistic at the rumours(!) that he might join United before his eventual return.

Edited by Jason

I don't necessarily disagree with your points in general but let's not pretend as if Mourinho was just another manager at the club. We all have much more emotional attachment to him than we do with other managers. If Ancelotti or Hiddink, who we like, joins one of our rivals, think we all can still live with it. But not with Mourinho. He declared himself as one of us and I think the fans take him as one of us too. If he joins United, City etc, there will be outrage. And I remembered some here even went ballistic at the rumours that he might join United before his eventual return to us.

Valid points, can't argue :)