Frank Lampard

DavidEU

But most fans that I know have come to a sort of compromise that this kinda makes sense for Frank, who is still ambitious, and his clubs. We offered him a contract but his status in the squad was downgraded, he was on less money and he probably wouldn't start much. You can't begrudge him wanting to leave.

I really can't see how City could help him reach those ambitions. Except for the money part, of course. This can't be an explenation. If you want to play more, you don't leave Chelsea for Manchester City.

Frank Lampard is a wealthy man, a living legend, a god for us. He does not have to play for Man City. In fact, he doesn't have to do anything. He could so easily just say fuck off to NYC and MC and fuck off somewhere else.

Anyone remember this and what it meant?

He can go wherever he wants if we drastically decrease his role at the club. It was time to move and he did. New York was a complicated option but only for 6 months. The fact that people are actually swearing at him shows how fast people forget.

4FA0TSf.png

He could go to australia like David Villa...I still like him like before, but he could and should say no to City...

It will give bad taste to Lamps...Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc all stayed in their clubs until retirement (Gerrard will do that too).

Its weird him being huge Chels and not wanting to extend contract because of money or playtime. He is 36 and should retire here like proper legend. Instead he joined city...kinda leaves bad mark.

Why is it United get legends who have respect for the fans and their legacy and we don't. The worst part is that, we won't get another breed like JT & Frank again; they belong to a bygone era. Frank should have been intelligent enough to understand the current board are not Chelsea. So it makes no sense to be 'getting one over' on them, becaue it's bigger than that.

he will celebrate with mc for community shield

So his last trophy in England will be with Man-City, laughing and celebrating in a City shirt. 'The face of Chelsea', synonymous with the club, doing... that. Classy..

Why is it United get legends who have respect for the fans and their legacy and we don't. The worst part is that, we won't get another breed like JT & Frank again; they belong to a bygone era. Frank should have been intelligent enough to understand the current board are not Chelsea. So it makes no sense to be 'getting one over' on them, becaue it's bigger than that.

Forgot about that, so his last trophy in England will be with Man-City, laughing and celebrating in a City shirt. 'The face of Chelsea', synonymous with the club, doing... that. Classy..

You've said this several times now and I still don't know what you mean. Please explain.

You've said this several times now and I still don't know what you mean. Please explain.

You answered it yourself 'romantic narrative', 'proper chels' who weathered era's we'll never see again.

People need to stop treating this like the current board are Chelsea and Lamps has the right to flip them the middle finger, Chelsea is bigger than the current circumstances. Stop comparing this to real world employee scenarios, Lampard should have known his responsibility as a cult figure.

Frank Lampard is a wealthy man, a living legend, a god for us. He does not have to play for Man City. In fact, he doesn't have to do anything. He could so easily just say fuck off to NYC and MC and fuck off somewhere else.

Anyone remember this and what it meant?

I thought I read that Man Utd were relegated no matter what? I can't say I'm an expert given that happened several decades before I was born.

I thought he would have learned from the 9/11 stunt or the AVB incident..

No class. He should have consulted with Didier, Ash & JT before signing with the City family in the first place. No class, no respect.

I think you are embarassing yourself now. Walk away from the keyboard, mate.

I thought he would have learned from the 9/11 stunt or the AVB incident..

No class. He should have consulted with Didier, Ash & JT before signing with the City family in the first place. No class, no respect.

Mourinho in 2010:

"I thought I had reached the height of emotion with Chelsea's fans, but Inter's supporters are even better. I'm in love with Inter and these fans"

Not much class or respect there from the guy that you seemingly worship. :whistling:

He can go wherever he wants if we drastically decrease his role at the club. It was time to move and he did. New York was a complicated option but only for 6 months. The fact that people are actually swearing at him shows how fast people forget.

Again I ask, do you honestly think he'd have a more significant squad role at Man City than here?

Again I ask, do you honestly think he'd have a more significant squad role at Man City than here?

he wouldn't. But he didn't join City. His sole intention was to do what the rest did, finish things off for himself in America. That was the dream. I don't believe that he would wake up one morning saying that he wanted to join City. He wanted to keep himself fit. Just like David Villa. Villa went to Australia and Frank wanted to as well. But sadly he is Frank Lampard, born in England. New York and Manchester are basically brothers from different mothers. Manchester City needed an English player , so he was technically obliged to go there without asking questions. If it was David Villa Thomas, then he would be English too and he would right now be in Manchester.

Two perspectives because until now people are only assuming things about why Frank went there and I don't think he ever had a single intention of joining them outright.