Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I'm disgusted with the people burning his shirts. Seriously?

Kind of ironic is that he supposedly left to play more football, yet he signs on loan for City. It doesn't really bother me.

Those images are bullshit and I am going to prove it.

1. This is from 2010:

2. The other picture is from April 2013 and has nothing to do with Chelsea. Look here and you will find it.

Those images are bullshit and I am going to prove it.

1. This is from 2010:

2. The other picture is from April 2013 and has nothing to do with Chelsea. Look here and you will find it.

What a relief. I was worried that Chelsea fans had become tasteless fools like those Scousers or Gooners...

I just don't know what to say and what to feel... The idea of Lamps in non Chelsea shirt in PL is fucking horrible... Still love him, but this is wrong...

He said in May 2013: "I can't imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

It's very easy to say these things when the chances of it happening are remote. The supporters gobble it up though; "WOT A LEGEND! WON'T PLAY FOR ANYBODY ELSE INIT. LOVE HIM."

The next time a player says something similar you should accept it for what it really is: hogwash. Lampard was in a position where a move to Man City was feasible and made sense for him, so he took it. Fair play. He wasn't worrying about any Chelsea supporters feelings when making the decision. So to all you guys still upset: chin up, lads.

Well like they say words are just words. Still a legend but this legend has broken many Chelsea hearts from the moment he steps on the pitch.

Pellegrini can suck on our Chelsea blue balls if he thinks he's clever by getting Frank to sign up to NYCFC just for his own greed. C*nt.

What's funny about this is I can see the same outrage (if not even worse) happening IF Mourinho goes to one of our league rivals in the future and those who have worshiped Mourinho stoutly is gonna start calling traitor etc..

What's funny about this is I can see the same outrage (if not even worse) happening IF Mourinho goes to one of our league rivals in the future and those who have worshiped Mourinho stoutly is gonna start calling traitor etc..

Lampard joining a rival (well title-contending rival) is a shock because we're so used to seeing the dependable Frank Lampard on the pitch or on the bench in Chelsea colours....seeing him in a City jersey will be a weird feeling

Mourinho joining a rival club wouldn't be a shock to fans because managers do it all the time

Not the same thing at all. Mourinho is a world-class manager who will still be one of the best even at 40,50,60 years of age. Whereas Lampard is a club icon and has been the club's "face" for such a long time and at the age of 36 has little to offer footballing terms - though his influence in the dressing room and the experience he brings to the squad can't be underestimated. Wouldn't be easier and more respectful to spend the 6 months somewhere else and not upset majority of fanbase? Football is business but you'd expect that kind of mutual respect from a player like Lampard. Question is why City if it's only 6 months anyway? Only reason I can think of is that he still wants to get into England team. I do wish him well though, been a loyal servant of the club for such a long time, this move won't change much in my eyes.

Managers change clubs all the time and top-top managers are hard to come by, especially as impressive record as Mourinho has in the Premier League and also in other clubs. So no, it'd be quite understandable (although strange) to see Mourinho as the manager of some of our direct rival club and I'd wish him well especially if we have a manager at our club who is doing well.

JT considered going there in 2008 or 2009, can't remember now as he said he was concerned about our lack of ambition regarding Drogba staying on and competing in the transfer market. Drogba then signed a new deal and we got a few in and he pledged his future to us. Lampard has now gone there knowing full fucking well they are our main title rivals.

It doesn't tarnish what he did with us but i don't know what he can possibly get out of this. He's been in the prem for nearly 20 years. What's wrong with a new challenge like going to Australia with David Villa or just going anywhere else? Why stay in the prem, up north with the enemy? I don't understand this whatsoever. I thought Frank had more class than that. He'll hardly even play for them. He'd play more for us next season if he had stayed. Man City are only doing this to get an English player for their UCL quota.

This firmly puts Drogba top of my favourite all time player list.

The reality is that no-one is happy that this is happening. No-one wants to see Frank play for City and no-one's first reaction was anything other than 'what the fuck?!'.

But most fans that I know have come to a sort of compromise that this kinda makes sense for Frank, who is still ambitious, and his clubs. We offered him a contract but his status in the squad was downgraded, he was on less money and he probably wouldn't start much. You can't begrudge him wanting to leave.

The worst thing about this though has been the reaction of certain people, to the point where he's being labelled a Judas. That is utterly sickening and NOT the Chelsea Football Club I grew up around. I don't even recognise the mentality of someone who would say that in our supporters make-up.

So whilst I can forgive Lampard for this move because he is a professional footballer who is ambitious (something we benefited greatly from), it's the professional cunts slagging him off I simply can't. They don't represent this club and their mawkish, faux-outrage belongs in the heart of the Kop and not on Fulham Road.

I agree. He is a Judas in no way. The club and he came to a mutua agreement, they both thought it was time to move on. This is not a situation like Mario Balotelli wearing an AC Milan shirt on TV while playing for Inter, or Sol bloody Campbell leaving on a bosman in the height of his career. I'm not happy about the move and I don't understand it, but I'm still happy to have watched Lampard play for Chelsea for such a long time, it was a pleasure.

I'd rather this have not happened but it did and these things unfortunately do happen. We have to move on.

I just read Pellegrini quotes. What an absolute dick is that man. From what he said it sounds more like they are forcing Lamps to play than that he really wants to. I hope we dick them when we play them.

Either way I can't hate Frank. He is an absolute legend and my favorite player ever, whatever he does I wouldn't be too bothered.