Frank Lampard

DavidEU

We did not want him? Jose confirmed today that we offered him and Ash new deals...

Get your facts right next time.

Didn't Jose say Lampard and Cole were offered new deals????

Yeah. We also don't know what deals were offered. We know that Lampard wanted to renew his contract before the end of the season but we choose to wait. If we had really wanted to keep him we could have done.

The guy who owns City owns or part owns his new team, so the loan deal makes sense for a player looking to keep fit which is essential for a player who is 36.

I just don't know what to say and what to feel... The idea of Lamps in non Chelsea shirt in PL is fucking horrible... Still love him, but this is wrong...

He said in May 2013: "I can't imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

I just don't know what to say and what to feel... The idea of Lamps in non Chelsea shirt in PL is fucking horrible... Still love him, but this is wrong...

He said in May 2013: "I can't imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

Franks just like any other footballer. Lies lies and more lies. Will never forget what he has done for us but this is tasteless by Lampard. Oh well.

^ I actually wasn't sure those quotes about not joining another PL club were real.

First the 9/11 stuff, then the AVB incident, now this. Judas.

It was also confirmed that Lampard would be available for the Premier League showdown with his old club Chelsea on Sunday, September 21.

On this fixture, Pellegrini added: "I will talk about that with him but he is a player for Manchester City and he will play every game that he needs to play."

This may raise some eyebrows at Stamford Bridge, with the England midfielder suggesting last year he would not play for another top-flight club in England.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9404800/transfer-news-former-chelsea-star-frank-lampard-joins-manchester-city-in-loan-move

To be honest I wouldn't mind if he played against us because we'd be more likely to win :lol:

Not really mate.

He is going there because it's an easy way to keep fit and train in preparation for the MLS system.

City have as deep if not deeper squad than we do. Frank is hardly gonna be coming off the bench every week yet alone starting.

And it's a loan deal unless there is some stipulation I'm not aware of he is getting paid by his parent club as usual and that's it. He could have done nothing til March or whenever it starts over there or take the easy loan to a club that will have them as his team is owned by them and keep fit.

I honestly don't get what the huge deal is and lampard is my hero and in my opinion the greatest player we have ever had.

I'm just surprised people are going so mental over it.

Did I want it to happen.... No.

But shit happens and It's not that big of a deal Imo.

Edit: I get people have different reactions which is fair enough. Seeing him in a city shirt isn't something I'm looking forward to. But some reactions are a bit over the top Imo.

He could go to australia like David Villa...I still like him like before, but he could and should say no to City...

It will give bad taste to Lamps...Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc all stayed in their clubs until retirement (Gerrard will do that too).

Its weird him being huge Chels and not wanting to extend contract because of money or playtime. He is 36 and should retire here like proper legend. Instead he joined city...kinda leaves bad mark.

I am sorry but I am ******** shocked by this. I literally don't know,what to say?? Has he loa this mind he spends so many years here building up this huge legacy I was talking statues and now he's signed for CITY !!!

Is this the twilight zone??? I could ***** cry. I am but heartbroken to be honest and I admit I threw my frank tshirt across the room. I mean WTF is he thinking??? CITY??? MAN CITY??? FRANK????? WTF??? :(

He should have retired here a legend he really has tarnished everything he could Have gone anywhere but going to CITY is a huge slap in the face I am absolutely appalled :(

Over a decade building a legacy and then throw it all away for what? I respect you guys opinion but for me this is no different than your wife enjoying a one night stand with the guy you dislike most and then say it's no biggie because it was just one night. You guys may come up with all the theories you want, but for me there is only one explanation for this, which is attention. He is reaching the end of his career and he wants to make the headlines once again, cause a massive reaction on the crowds when he steps on the field. No other explanation makes sense.

I never thought I would say this and I'm really sad to say it but fuck you Lampard. No Chelsea fan will be able to look at you the exact same way again. Your legend here will always be tainted for this. When our fans speak about how great you were, this elephant in the room will always be there... The last memory we will have of you in blue is in shittie blue... It's really really sad... Fuck you Lampard. Fuck you..!