Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Don't understand this girlfriend comparison. No one is saying Lampard cannot move to any club, people are just against the idea of him moving to our direct title rival.. Even if it still leaves a sour taste, atleast people could see Lampard's point of view if he were to join someone like QPR with Harry there, but City? Not sure really.

Of course it helps with City's HG policy, but I see it as more of a middle finger up at Mourinho from Pellegrini.

No, you're just saying after you dumped your GF (because you guys weren't working out anymore, it's not even that you dumped her because of nothing) she can date, but only an ugly, loser guy that will do nothing to your 'reputation'. Now if she moves onto the most popular guy at school you'll be pissed because he's your rival. That's exactly what the bunch of you have been saying. And I'll repeat, it's emotions, you can't help how you feel about him playing for another team in England, but don't question his loyalty to this club because of it. The argument that because he chose City he's a terrible person that doesn't take into account Chelsea fans' feelings is quite bad imo when people wouldn't mind him going to Fulham, West Ham or even then QPR (that must have been what he thought, proper fans won't mind me spending a few months in a club that isn't even one of their rivals, I'm far away from London as I can be while being in a top team to train). I can't get over the QPR posts from yesterday. What's even more idiotic in the 'City problem' is that some people really believe he is capable of helping them win the title. That's as near to delusional as it gets. If Chelsea loses the title for City because of Frank Lampard's contributions in 6 months of football where he may play a handful times, as a late substitute, it means we failed as a team to win/score when it mattered.

Also where did this idea that we offered him a new contract come from? Did you forget his interviews prior the WC where he stated he wanted to stay here but it didn't depend only on him? He even talked about retiring ffs. We took weeks to offer him a new contract last season and I feel like the club only did it because he broke the goals record. We don't renew guys over 30 that aren't playing top level anymore. We have many of them in the last two years to mention, including Ashley Cole. Frank alternates between good matches and bad matches because his age is really catching up, we signed Cesc Fàbregas and we have Marco van Ginkel fully recovered from his injury, where does Frank fit in our team? The interview saying Roman said he could be whatever he wanted here may imply he could be the new Paulo Ferreira, but that's not offering you to stay as a player, that's offering him to stay as a dressing room cheerleader. I'm baffled you can't say the difference - if that was ever offered in the first place, I feel like we must have offered him to be whatever he wants to be here after he retires as a player, not now. As he said he was considering even retirement, it could be that he talked about it to our board and we said he could work here as whatever he wanted.

No, you're just saying after you dumped your GF (because you guys weren't working out anymore, it's not even that you dumped her because of nothing) she can date, but only an ugly, loser guy that will do nothing to your 'reputation'. Now if she moves onto the most popular guy at school you'll be pissed because he's your rival. That's exactly what the bunch of you have been saying. And I'll repeat, it's emotions, you can't help how you feel about him playing for another team in England, but don't question his loyalty to this club because of it. The argument that because he chose City he's a terrible person that doesn't take into account Chelsea fans' feelings is quite bad imo when people wouldn't mind him going to Fulham, West Ham or even then QPR (that must have been what he thought, proper fans won't mind me spending a few months in a club that isn't even one of their rivals, I'm far away from London as I can be while being in a top team to train). I can't get over the QPR posts from yesterday. What's even more idiotic in the 'City problem' is that some people really believe he is capable of helping them win the title. That's as near to delusional as it gets. If Chelsea loses the title for City because of Frank Lampard's contributions in 6 months of football where he may play a handful times, as a late substitute, it means we failed as a team to win/score when it mattered.

Also where did this idea that we offered him a new contract come from? Did you forget his interviews prior the WC where he stated he wanted to stay here but it didn't depend only on him? He even talked about retiring ffs. We took weeks to offer him a new contract last season and I feel like the club only did it because he broke the goals record. We don't renew guys over 30 that aren't playing top level anymore. We have many of them in the last two years to mention, including Ashley Cole. Frank alternates between good matches and bad matches because his age is really catching up, we signed Cesc Fàbregas and we have Marco van Ginkel fully recovered from his injury, where does Frank fits in our team? The interview saying Roman said he could be whatever he wanted here may imply he could be the new Paulo Ferreira, but that's not offering you to stay as a player, that's offering him to stay as a dressing room cheerleader. I'm baffled you can't say the difference - if that was ever offered in the first place, I feel like we must have offered him to be whatever he wants to be here after he retires as a player, not now. As he said he was considering even retirement, it could be that he talked about it to our board and we said he could work here as whatever he wanted.

He wasn't just 'dumped' though because he was offered a new contract according to Mourinho. And why would he lie?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/02/chelsea-legends-frank-lampard-and-ashley-cole-were-offered-new-deals-reveals-jose-mourinho-4819210/

...says the one dishing out indirects. This ain't Facebook mate.

He means you and TX. Probably.

Jesus Christ, stop it with this melodramatic horseshit already. Ashley Cole left his team in the middle of his career, forced his way away from the team he came up with to go to a city rival simply because we offered him more money. WE decided to not sign Lampard when he was 36. What Cole did is much worse but since he came to Chelsea, you don't care. Loyalty is not only to Chelsea. This is football. Jimmy Greaves played with fucking Spurs after Chelsea. Dennis Wise went to Millwall as did Kerry Dixon (and Millwall and Chelsea have real history) Peter Osgood went to Southampton, Pat Nevin went to Everton, Bobby Tambling went to Palace, These are professional athletes who want to play at the top level, they are not your sentimental playthings..

The attitude you and too many people have about this is like a high school kid who breaks up with his GF. He doesn't want to be with her anymore, he just doesn't want her to ever sleep with anyone else. Sorry buddy, you can't have it both ways. We let Lampard go, he can now go wherever he damn well pleases.

Best post. Good job.

'Frank killed my family but it's ok because he's a Chelsea legend 4ever.' Righty-ho mate.

Oh you've asked everyone who attends matches what they think, have you?

Frank could kill you, and it'd be fine. Cause he's a Chelsea legend.

Next season there is a theoretical chance that we will be forced to cheer Fabregas tackling Frank, or begrudging Frank ass-planting Fabregas (the usual norm). If this happens, all of it will sink in.

'Frank killed my family but it's ok because he's a Chelsea legend 4ever.' Righty-ho mate.

Oh you've asked everyone who attends matches what they think, have you?

Well, I would HOPE that the fans would be more like TOPTB so I am really not worried. I mean a decade long service against a pointlesa 6 month loan.

:lol: what got your knickers in a twist?

You, TX, and any other Chelsea fans questioning the greatest Chelsea player ever and loyalty to this club. Absolutely fucking ridiculous and disgusting. He's a legend and a pointless 6 month loan doesn't change that. He won't help them win the title, and if they do win cause of what a past it Frank Lampard did for them on a 6 month loan then, like Barbara said, we failed as a club.

He wasn't just 'dumped' though because he was offered a new contract according to Mourinho. And why would he lie?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/02/chelsea-legends-frank-lampard-and-ashley-cole-were-offered-new-deals-reveals-jose-mourinho-4819210/

so I suppose you didn't read my second paragraph at all?

So let me rephrase for you... instead of dumping your GF, you told her you'd be dating still, but you'll be seeing her once a month, despite living side by side. For the sake of keeping the relationship you keep the status, but don't actually date anymore.

How do you offer for a player that believes he's still fully capable of playing a contract when he's aware he won't make even the bench in most competitions? He's there to motivate the new guys, to strengthen the dressing room, but playing time will very, very limited. When do you think Cole and Frank would play? Cole was already #2 last year without Luís, with him now, he'd be #3. Lamps now have the competition of Cesc and van Ginkel. When would he play? League Cup first tie against a 4th division team? Or FA Cup corresponding of that? So you offer crumbles and if they don't accept to eat what falls from your table at least you made your part and he can't be held accountable? Please, tell me you don't take this seriously as us offering him something to stay.

edit: Also on the shirt burning pic I've seen. I'll only believe it's a Chelsea fan doing that with a video with a lot of evidence it's a Chelsea fan. I wouldn't doubt some opposition fan - that burned Torres, Fabregas and others shirts, wouldn't do that pretending to be a Chelsea fan. I've seen people disappointed everywhere, some of them really hurt, but no one called him Judas yet or said he was dead for them or something. Most acknowledge he's still a legend, but with a tarnished legacy now and that they won't ever forgive him, but they don't say he isn't a legend in this club anymore. Then again, I've avoided this thread for nearly 24h, I don't know what else happened here, but Twitter and Tumblr aren't too bad.

so I suppose you didn't read my second paragraph at all? So let me rephrase for you... instead of dumping your GF, you told her you'd be dating still, but you'll be seeing her once a month, despite living side by side. For the sake of keeping the relationship you keep the status, but don't actually date anymore. How do you offer for a player that believes he's still fully capable of playing a contract when he's aware he won't make even the bench in most competitions? He's there to motivate the new guys, to strengthen the dressing room, but playing time will very, very limited. When do you think Cole and Frank would play? Cole was already #2 last year without Luís, with him now, he'd be #3. Lamps now have the competition of Cesc and van Ginkel. When would he play? League Cup first tie against a 4th division team? Or FA Cup corresponding of that? So you offer crumbles and if you don't accept to eat what falls from your table at least you made your part? Please, tell me you don't take this seriously as us offering him something for him to stay.
Oh sorry I forgot that Man City are going to play Frank every game.

Says the guy from Mumbai..

Claiming my opinion is laughable, yet you're the most inarticulate person to participate in the thread thus far. Hey, here's an idea.. instead of insulting people, why not actually break down their arguments instead.

whats their to discuss?

LAMPS is a LEGEND!!! our all time highest goalscorer. a MAJOR part of the club's most successful decade. i mean i can write pages on his acheivements and accolades for the club.

and none of it can change or will change with a 6 month loan to city. lamps will always be known as a CHELSEA LEGEND. end of it!!!

moreover, he has signed for a club that is owned by city. rumored to be on relatively high wages which not many teams can afford. he would barely get any playtime with the likes of yaya, fernandinho, fernando, garcia, rodwell already there. at the end of the day this seems like a move mostly so city can deal with the HG quota.

Oh sorry I forgot that Man City are going to play Frank every game.

that's the main point!!!!!! He didn't sign a contract with City, he signed with NYCFC and he won't play for them for another six months! So instead of being shipped to Australia to stay fit and compete some in the meanwhile, he chose England - his own country - and a club where he can train with some real good professionals (staff and players).

It's one thing to stay a few months keeping your form and then playing a championship and fighting for the title and another completely different to spend a whole year being a glorified cheerleader.

that's the main point!!!!!! He didn't sign a contract with City, he signed with NYCFC and he won't play for them for another six months! So instead of being shipped to Australia to stay fit and compete some in the meanwhile, he chose England - his own country - and a club where he can train with some real good professionals (staff and players).

It's one thing to stay a few months keeping your form and then playing a championship and fighting for the title and another completely different to spend a whole year being a glorified cheerleader.

So City Football Group would not have let him train anywhere else in England? I'm not convinced. Also the idea that he didn't sign with City is increasingly questionable. He most likely would have known that this was always in the pipeline. I still think he's a legend but I'm just disappointed.

and leave you and your girl friend to have a free run .. suggest you both DONATE to the forum ...

'I've donated to the forum and you haven't, hence my argument is superior.' Give it a rest. You always use that line.

No, you're just saying after you dumped your GF (because you guys weren't working out anymore, it's not even that you dumped her because of nothing) she can date, but only an ugly, loser guy that will do nothing to your 'reputation'

I know what you're saying, but that's not what TorontoChelsea said. He said, "He doesn't want to be with her anymore, he just doesn't want her to ever sleep with anyone else. Sorry buddy, you can't have it both ways". No one has said that Lampard can't move to any club ever, that is not the same as saying Lampard cannot move to one club but can move to another club, which you are trying to say.

It also doesn't add up with the 'He doesn't want to be with her anymore' part. Who is the he? Chelsea? Chelsea football club do not represent the opinion of an entire fan base. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that wanted Lampard to stay, so you can't really use this analogy in that case.

That's exactly what the bunch of you have been saying. And I'll repeat, it's emotions, you can't help how you feel about him playing for another team in England, but don't question his loyalty to this club because of it. The argument that because he chose City he's a terrible person that doesn't take into account Chelsea fans' feelings is quite bad imo when people wouldn't mind him going to Fulham, West Ham or even then QPR

I'm not questioning his loyalty at all, I'll think no lesser of Frank wherever he chooses to go, it's his choice after all. I was just trying to understand Frank's thinking behind the move (assuming he's got other options). Maybe he wants to continue playing CL football? Or just for a great team? I didn't say either that I wouldn't mind him going to those clubs, I said that maybe people who are against Lampard going to anyone in England COULD understand his point of view more if he went to QPR who are managed by Redknapp. That doesn't mean they are ok with it, but I'm sure people would rather Chelsea be the only club he plays for in this country.

I know what you're saying, but that's not what TorontoChelsea said. He said, "He doesn't want to be with her anymore, he just doesn't want her to ever sleep with anyone else. Sorry buddy, you can't have it both ways". No one has said that Lampard can't move to any club ever, that is not the same as saying Lampard cannot move to one club but can move to another club, which you are trying to say.

It also doesn't add up with the 'He doesn't want to be with her anymore' part. Who is the he? Chelsea? Chelsea football club do not represent the opinion of an entire fan base. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that wanted Lampard to stay, so you can't really use this analogy in that case.

I'm not questioning his loyalty at all, I'll think no lesser of Frank wherever he chooses to go, it's his choice after all. I was just trying to understand Frank's thinking behind the move (assuming he's got other options). Maybe he wants to continue playing CL football? Or just for a great team? I didn't say either that I wouldn't mind him going to those clubs, I said that maybe people who are against Lampard going to anyone in England COULD understand his point of view more if he went to QPR who are managed by Redknapp. That doesn't mean they are ok with it, but I'm sure people would rather Chelsea be the only club he plays for in this country.

as I said I haven't been here for 24h (and I'm aborting the thread now), so I haven't read all your posts on the matter. You're definitely more calm or levelheaded about the whole thing than others...

I still believe playing for QPR would be one of the worst things ever, but I still wouldn't respect him any less if he went there.

I'm out of here, I understand and respect people's hurt feelings, even if some of the things stated here say more about Chelsea fans loyalty towards one of the club's legends than it says about Frank's loyalty to Chelsea and fans.

whats their to discuss?

LAMPS is a LEGEND!!! our all time highest goalscorer. a MAJOR part of the club's most successful decade. i mean i can write pages on his acheivements and accolades for the club.

and none of it can change or will change with a 6 month loan to city. lamps will always be known as a CHELSEA LEGEND. end of it!!!

moreover, he has signed for a club that is owned by city. rumored to be on relatively high wages which not many teams can afford. he would barely get any playtime with the likes of yaya, fernandinho, fernando, garcia, rodwell already there. at the end of the day this seems like a move mostly so city can deal with the HG quota.

He is signing a 'contract' with Man-City, they are signing him. He isn't merely training, he's becoming a City player. Ok..

Right, next.. Frank Lampard & John Terry are part of a bygone era of Chelsea ambassadors (not just legends, more.. extensions of the club itself). Now, with such status comes responsibility, for both your legacy, and how you treat the sanctity of that association/relationship with the fans. Ashley Cole knew going to Liverpool would leave a bad taste in the mouth, Drogba understands perception and respect too. This isn't a real world employee situation, these are cult figures.