Frank Lampard

DavidEU

We're not discussing his move to NYCFC, we're discussing his loan move to Man City... Everyone knows and accepts why Frank left but to say he wasn't offered a contract is false.

I'm not so certain he 'has' to go on loan to City either.

Okay so the club did offer an extension but Frank respectfully declined because he did not want to end up like Ferreira here.

A contract extension would have just kept him at the club for another season,it wouldn't have given him the chance to continue on playing regularly.

_41389870_osgood79_soton300.jpg

Anyone wanna say 'not proper Chelsea'?

Of course Frank will always be proper Chels, but they weren't 'title rivals'. It's a different scenario, and I can understand some of the responses here.

Okay so the club did offer an extension but Frank respectfully declined because he did not want to end up like Ferreira here.

A contract extension would have just kept him at the club for another season,it wouldn't have given him the chance to continue on playing regularly.

...We're not even talking about Frank respectfully denying the contract... Everyone understand why he went to NYCFC. If you look at the original post it was suggested that Frank might be choosing to move to City in spite because we didn't offer him a new contract.

As A Chelsea fan, i'm devastated that he's left, i'm even more devastated that he might be returning to an English club which ISN'T Chelsea. As a Frank Lampard fan, i'm delighted as it means i'll get to see him in action. He's one of my all time favourite footballers, ever.

Absolutely love the bloke, hope it works out for him in America.

Jesus Christ, stop it with this melodramatic horseshit already. Ashley Cole left his team in the middle of his career, forced his way away from the team he came up with to go to a city rival simply because we offered him more money. WE decided to not sign Lampard when he was 36. What Cole did is much worse but since he came to Chelsea, you don't care. Loyalty is not only to Chelsea. This is football. Jimmy Greaves played with fucking Spurs after Chelsea. Dennis Wise went to Millwall as did Kerry Dixon (and Millwall and Chelsea have real history) Peter Osgood went to Southampton, Pat Nevin went to Everton, Bobby Tambling went to Palace, These are professional athletes who want to play at the top level, they are not your sentimental playthings..

The attitude you and too many people have about this is like a high school kid who breaks up with his GF. He doesn't want to be with her anymore, he just doesn't want her to ever sleep with anyone else. Sorry buddy, you can't have it both ways. We let Lampard go, he can now go wherever he damn well pleases.

:clap:

Don't understand this girlfriend comparison. No one is saying Lampard cannot move to any club, people are just against the idea of him moving to our direct title rival.. Even if it still leaves a sour taste, atleast people could see Lampard's point of view if he were to join someone like QPR with Harry there, but City? Not sure really.

Of course it helps with City's HG policy, but I see it as more of a middle finger up at Mourinho from Pellegrini.

Don't understand this girlfriend comparison. No one is saying Lampard cannot move to any club, people are just against the idea of him moving to our direct title rival.. Even if it still leaves a sour taste, atleast people could see Lampard's point of view if he were to join someone like QPR with Harry there, but City? Not sure really.

Of course it helps with City's HG policy, but I see it as more of a middle finger up at Mourinho from Pellegrini.

Yes agreed, it's like Pellegrini made up NYCFC just to get our legend knowing he would like to follow his dream to play in the US. Grabbed the contract and then told him he's being transferred for 6 months to City knowing he's got a contract. We don't know what he signed.