Frank Lampard

DavidEU

JT knew he could get a great deal for himself, it's what players do in the modern game, it's forgivable in this climate with agents etc.

you should try to get pills for paranoia

I only speak facts, you need 10 games (those can be sub appearances), will Lamps sell it on ebay or put it on the mantle?

So 12 years of service, dedication, playing when he's mother just passed, giving his all for us is forgotten and erased because he could help a rival win a title?

It isn't a couple of goals that decide a title anyway. Who's to say if he supposedly scores a few goals that gives City the title any other player on his place wouldn't too?

People are being a bit deluded thinking he'll give them the title. He was here last season and City won the title anyway, so how is that? If City wins and Frank scores or assists a few goals, it won't because of those goals. All we need to win a title is have more points and goals difference if there's a points draw. It's still on us if we don't win. Last season WE lost the title more than City won it with our defeats to Palace, Villa, Sunderland...

But even if that completely deluded and nonsensical idea that Frank Lampard will help City win titles and will strengthen them somehow comes to reality (I think Jesus second coming might happen way before that, but let's be crazy for a bit), does it erase all he's done to this club?

If that's the case it's not him I'll say is lacking loyalty. Fans saying they're disappointed, disgusted and whats not by his decision are worse than his supposed 'betrayal' imo.

It sucks, I'll agree with everyone on that, I wish he didn't come to England at all, but it's his prerogative as a very competitive professional... Again, we let him go first, he didn't ask to leave. I don't think the Abramovich convo was that light. We barely renewed his contract a year and a couple of months ago. If we weren't that willing back when why would we be now? Roman probably said the club's doors are opened for him AFTER he retires, not to play. It was our decision. Then he made his. We're still Chelsea, he still loves us, he's said as much. He's still Lamps, legend to this club and he still has my absolute respect.

I hate the situation, but I still love and respect Frank as I did yesterday.

He's still a Chelsea legend in my eyes too, but this taints his legacy somewhat. In my eyes, he was almost up there with the likes of Maldini when it came to club loyalty. I was wrong. I can't imagine Maldini going to play for Juventus, even though Milan fans were horrible to him in his last few seasons.

Terry wanted to join City and Lampard wanted to join Inter. Footballers just simply aren't loyal whether we like it or not.

Terry 'like every player' with an agent, wanted to take advantage of the current climate. Every sane Chelsea fan knows that was about improving his current deal, and not because he wanted to leave. It's a dangerous game to play, but again.. it's somewhat forgivable in modern football.

Terry 'like every player' with an agent, wanted to take advantage of the current climate. Every sane Chelsea fan knows that was about improving his current deal, and not because he wanted to leave. It's a dangerous game to play, but again.. it's somewhat forgivable in modern football.

City were going to offer him 250k a week. If the board accepted an offer from City for him do you really think Terry would have said no to them?

Going to City doesn't diminish what he did here and we have no real rivalry with City. Lampard is 36 years old; how good is he at this point? Not very.

Good luck to him. Really couldn't care less.

Watching a prime Cech play for another club will be far more upsetting than this.

Going to City doesn't diminish what he did here and we have no real rivalry with City. Lampard is 36 years old; how good is he at this point? Not very.

Good luck to him. Really couldn't care less.

Watching a prime Cech play for another club will be far more upsetting than this.

Cech is nowhere near the same calibre of legend as Lamaprd is.

City are direct rivals, so it's not like he's going to relegation fodder, he might well cost us the title indirectly, who knows.

It's funny to me because so many supporters are so eager to push out any player they think is a second past their prime and replace them with someone else, but if a player were dare to go somewhere else? Traitor!!! Loyalty to us must be absolute but we can dump you any time we feel like.

Nail. Head.

It'll be painful watching him in their shirt but I'll get over it, maybe before he even plays a game for them.

He's still a Chelsea legend in my eyes too, but this taints his legacy somewhat. In my eyes, he was almost up there with the likes of Maldini when it came to club loyalty. I was wrong. I can't imagine Maldini going to play for Juventus. He's truly one of a kind.

but City even isn't our rivals like that!!!! That's the part I don't get. They're title contenders, but they aren't rivals. If he was moving to Burnley everyone would be fine because they're not title contenders (the moment I read people saying they'd rather him go to QPR I lost it, next he should go to West Ham and Fulham). It's how small our loyalty to our legends is. Sorry, I can't agree with any of it. It doesn't taint anything. It's a bad situation, one that leaves with a little vomit in my mouth about the situation, not about Frank.

It's funny to me because so many supporters are so eager to push out any player they think is a second past their prime and replace them with someone else, but if a player were dare to go somewhere else? Traitor!!! Loyalty to us must be absolute but we can dump you any time we feel like.

exactly what I've been saying. We dumped him and that's nice and dandy. We didn't need him anymore because he's passed it and was even compromising us, so we said he should go, then we thanked his services, made our homages and worshiped him. Then a professional decision he makes and we're saying it's disgusting and that it taints his image. How does it work? That's not how I treat people I love and who I respect for what they've done for me (as a fan). As I said, I see loyalty issues with fans turning their back to him, not with him making a professional choice.

If it had to be the premier league, Im sure he could have joined any team. If its only a matter of keeping fit, he could have done that at Southampton.

Do Southampton want him? Could they afford him?

Why would he go there when they're not in the Champions League?

It's like a nightmare. I just can't imagine my hero wearing city's shirt. It doesn't matter he doesn't want to play against us,he shouldn't play for another PL club if he has a little loyality in Chelsea. But of course he will be forever Chelsea legend and nothing could change that. In my eyes he is the best football player in the world, because of him I started watching football and supporting Chelsea. I'm just hoping this move won't happen and to go with Villa to Australia till March. I just can't imagine seeing him in other shirt especially city's or another club in PL.

What?! Of course he is. The best keeper in the clubs history, broke all kinds of records and is an absolute gent. He nearly died playing for this club.

Nowhere near? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cech is Roman era, which brings with it connotations. Lampard isn't Terry status, but as close as you can get. Lampard & JT were the face of the club, and that's the difference.