Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Definitely shouldn't be starting for England.

You're right, England's best midfield three is definitely Carrick - Gerrard - Wilshere.

SFL is a great option to have but he isn't a starter anymore.

England's best XI is probably (in my opinion atm):
Hart
Johnson - Jones - Cahill - Cole(?)
Carrick
Wilshere - Gerrard
Walcott - Rooney - Sturridge

If Cole was in form, he'd be starting without a doubt...but he is ageing and I guess it's time to give Baines/Shaw/Gibbs the opportunity.

I disagree, he was poor, in the second half i forgot he was playing....

I've been saying it for a while, Lampard shouldn't be a starter for England, we look more solid and play better football with the likes of Gerrard, Wilshere, Cleverly and Carrick in midfield. Imo Gerrard is better than Lampard in the DM role, even though he's around the same age Gerrard is more mobile and able to close players down faster, Wilshere is one of our better players technically, Cleverly has been poor this season but he works well with Wilshere when we try and press the opposition (Like the match against Brazil at Wembley) Carrick needs to play, simple as that, he can keep us ticking in midfield.

Well I only watched parts of the first half and the last 10 mins of the second. And from what I saw, I thought he was defensively disciplined and was the first from the midfield to track back on counters. But I agree, I think the two in the center for England should obviously be Carrick and Wilshere. Miles ahead of the others.

You're right, England's best midfield three is definitely Carrick - Gerrard - Wilshere.

SFL is a great option to have but he isn't a starter anymore.

England's best XI is probably (in my opinion atm):

Hart

Johnson - Jones - Cahill - Cole(?)

Carrick

Wilshere - Gerrard

Walcott - Rooney - Sturridge

Jagielka in for Cahill but yeah, that's about the best team England can put out. Can't believe Milner, Cleverley, etc still start for them.

there's an image i have in my mind when i think of Lampard, and that's the image of a fantastic player, one of the best midfielders of his generation and a real legend

but that image is getting more and more tarnished wich each passing game that he's playing for us currently

i don't want that image to change any further

please Jose, use Lampard in the right way

there's an image i have in my mind when i think of Lampard, and that's the image of a fantastic player, one of the best midfielders of his generation and a real legend

but that image is getting more and more tarnished wich each passing game that he's playing for us currently

i don't want that image to change any further

please Jose, use Lampard in the right way

No offence but I don't get that. To me he's a guy being asked to do a job in an unfamiliar role, but still putting 100% into his game and having some good matches.

The guy solidified his legend status when he put that penalty away against Liverpool whilst still grieving for his mother. It's why I don't understand some of the shit talked about him by so-called fans who suggest he's been nothing but awful all season (just to be clear I'm certainly not accusing you of that).

I hope he doesn't start on Saturday. We can't mess about, Mikel should be the first name on the team sheet.

I hope Mikel fares better this time around if he does start...Diame went past him easily in the same fixture last season.

He can't even play regularly for England anymore, and if he goes to Brazil it will be because of his name since he won't be playing any meaningful game there.

I can accept him starting for us for now because tbf to Mourinho he is the closest we have to a DLP. But things have to change in January.

He can't even play regularly for England anymore, and if he goes to Brazil it will be because of his name since he won't be playing any meaningful game there.

I can accept him starting for us for now because tbf to Mourinho he is the closest we have to a DLP. But things have to change in January.

I don't think he's the closest thing to a DLP as I see KDB or Oscar much more suitable to doing that. He's only playing because Mourinho is here.

He can't even play regularly for England anymore

Right.

Of the last 7 England games, he's featured in 6. He's started 4.

The one game he missed was the Germany friendly.

Of the 4 Qualification games, he started 3 and came on as a sub for the 4th.

He can't even play regularly for England anymore.

:beer:

Right.

You forgot 'Enjoy your pint', mate :D:P

Right.

He's no longer considered an important player. The last 2 friendlies indicate as much - he played in the 'weaker' game along with a lot of other England reserves, while Woy used most of his starters against the Germans.

Also if i remember correctly he only came on as a sub in the important qualifier against Poland?

He's no longer considered an important player. The last 2 friendlies indicate as much - he played in the 'weaker' game along with a lot of other England reserves, while Woy used most of his starters against the Germans.

Also if i remember correctly he only came on as a sub in the important qualifier against Poland?

Enjoy your pint :beer:

It is funny that you have now become this fierce Lampard protector when you were defending a possible release by the club last season...

Because he stepped up his performances and changed my mind. Throughout I was respectful, or at least tried to be.