Frank Lampard

DavidEU

If the name you will not mention is Mikel,he is the slowest most immobile and unfittest player at the club,I. dont care how old he is. Debruyne is out of favour at the moment because of the Swindon game but is a better option .

Why Kevin is not playing in the pivot is beyond me.

Some of the posters on TC hate Mikel a bit too much...(not gonna mention names)

Lampard has been a wonderful player for Chelsea..but unless your blind or don't understand football, he's clearly NOT suited for a deep midfield role

Well I guess Jose is blind then !! Have you ever considered it is you who does not understand football and Jose does?

Well I guess Jose is blind then !! Have you ever considered it is you who does not understand football and Jose does?

Well...there's also the possibility that Lampard isn't suited to the deep midfield role, but Jose doesn't have a choice but to play him there.

Well...there's also the possibility that Lampard isn't suited to the deep midfield role, but Jose doesn't have a choice but to play him there.

He isn't suited to playing upfield, now, either. He hasn't the legs for it. When you come to think about it, he really is a square peg in a round hole.

Ryan, mate, there's no need for that. The "discussion" is not nearly that serious as to call someone a cunt.

Have been a lurker for a long while. This is absolutely ridiculous. So calling another member a "cunt" is perfectly acceptable as long as the name caller's views coincide with yours ? I agree talking to Phil is like banging your head against a brick wall and his take on Mikel is quite exasperating but he has never abused anyone on this forum and has shared his views without resorting to calling posters on here childish names. Surely the same courtesy should be awarded to him?

Have been a lurker for a long while. This is absolutely ridiculous. So calling another member a "cunt" is perfectly acceptable as long as the name caller's views coincide with yours ? I agree talking to Phil is like banging your head against a brick wall and his take on Mikel is quite exasperating but he has never abused anyone on this forum and has shared his views without resorting to calling posters on here childish names. Surely the same courtesy should be awarded to him?

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. Phil has called me names before, not like I care or anything....

On topic, do people finally see what I mean by not wanting Lampard starting games for us at this level? We would be a much stronger side without him, period.

Must be very mixed feelings for Frank today. Incredible achievement, but must disappointed that it coincided with a loss. Such shame because I thought he was one of England's better players tonight.

Who said it was acceptable? :blink: That very post you quoted is saying that it's completely uncalled for and should not happen again. But this was the first time Ryan has ever insulted anyone or broke any forum rules so it's common procedure to just ask him to not do it again. It has absolutely nothing to do with his opinion.

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. Phil has called me names before, not like I care or anything....

On topic, do people finally see what I mean by not wanting Lampard starting games for us at this level? We would be a much stronger side without him, period.

Has he ever straight out abused you? I think not.

@the Juve supporter

Right so if it's the first time one gets a pass and a pat on the back is it? Good to know.

Has he ever straight out abused you? I think not.

@the Juve supporter

Right so if it's the first time one gets a pass and a pat on the back is it? Good to know.

If by abusing me you mean directly calling me names, then yes he has.

Like I said I don't care because I no longer bat an eye to what he writes, I haven't read a single line of his posts for ages. I still wish him well - he looks at things nostalgically whilst I have an objective approach. And this is a football forum and a bit of name calling and swearing here and there is healthy in my books, people are getting too soft these days.

Must be very mixed feelings for Frank today. Incredible achievement, but must disappointed that it coincided with a loss. Such shame because I thought he was one of England's better players tonight.

I disagree, he was poor, in the second half i forgot he was playing....

I've been saying it for a while, Lampard shouldn't be a starter for England, we look more solid and play better football with the likes of Gerrard, Wilshere, Cleverly and Carrick in midfield. Imo Gerrard is better than Lampard in the DM role, even though he's around the same age Gerrard is more mobile and able to close players down faster, Wilshere is one of our better players technically, Cleverly has been poor this season but he works well with Wilshere when we try and press the opposition (Like the match against Brazil at Wembley) Carrick needs to play, simple as that, he can keep us ticking in midfield.

I disagree, he was poor, in the second half i forgot he was playing....

I've been saying it for a while, Lampard shouldn't be a starter for England, we look more solid and play better football with the likes of Gerrard, Wilshere, Cleverly and Carrick in midfield. Imo Gerrard is better than Lampard in the DM role, even though he's around the same age Gerrard is more mobile and able to close players down faster, Wilshere is one of our better players technically, Cleverly has been poor this season but he works well with Wilshere when we try and press the opposition (Like the match against Brazil at Wembley) Carrick needs to play, simple as that, he can keep us ticking in midfield.

You're right, England's best midfield three is definitely Carrick - Gerrard - Wilshere.

SFL is a great option to have but he isn't a starter anymore.

England's best XI is probably (in my opinion atm):

Hart

Johnson - Jones - Cahill - Cole(?)

Carrick

Wilshere - Gerrard

Walcott - Rooney - Sturridge