Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Still can bring a lot of impact as a sub...

He can, but there are some problems with it...

1. He will need a massive pay cut to be economic viable, something like 100k/week less than what he is making.

2. He has no place in a 4231, his main position doesnt really exists there. However, if Mourinho returns to his 433, he becomes useful again (not really the word I was looking for).

3. How important is his leadership, really? I mean, it hasnt changed our results much this season...

4. Lampard is expensive and puts pressure on managers to play him due to his immensive and beautiful history. Is that the best for Chelsea going forward? Isnt it better to buy someone like Modric/Moutinho and let Frank follow with his life?

Overall, I honestly hope he stays, but we got to view the club's point of view as well.

It all depends on whether Mou comes here or not. I am convinced Mourinho will try everything to ensure Lamps stays and he surely will find a way to fit in Lamps again. Surely there are some reasons against keeping him but he has made clear he will take massive cutbacks which makes the board's decision that his departure is not to be negotiated ridiculous.

He is our best scorer in the league despite having missed a big part of the season. Many of his goal have been of great importance and quality. Us using a 4-2-3-1 is only a result of a dysbalance within our squad, so we should not use the formation as argument.

Also one can't say his eadership did not have any impact. U can't always quantify that in results. Leaders instill believe and fighting spirit into the team, they help younger players in difficult moments. That does not always reflect in results. We can't look into the players minds to assess whether it has helped them or not. But I can imagine a lot of situations where that might have played a role. Vs. Everton, Wigan, Bucharest (home) after their equalizer, Arsenal, Wigan,

The media always make that story up with Lampard pressurizing or even intrigueing against managers. He is a professional, he won't let personal sentiments conflict with the team's interest. he worked under so many managers and all of them except one got along with him brillantly. Do you really think Lamps had anything to do with the misfortune of any manager except AVB? Shit happens, but i think Lamps is the last to single out as an example of "player power" or other shit. Above all he saved AVBs ass multiple times with last minute goals, so he can not be made responsible.

It all depends on whether Mou comes here or not. I am convinced Mourinho will try everything to ensure Lamps stays and he surely will find a way to fit in Lamps again. Surely there are some reasons against keeping him but he has made clear he will take massive cutbacks which makes the board's decision that his departure is not to be negotiated ridiculous.

He is our best scorer in the league despite having missed a big part of the season. Many of his goal have been of great importance and quality. Us using a 4-2-3-1 is only a result of a dysbalance within our squad, so we should not use the formation as argument.

Also one can't say his eadership did not have any impact. U can't always quantify that in results. Leaders instill believe and fighting spirit into the team, they help younger players in difficult moments. That does not always reflect in results. We can't look into the players minds to assess whether it has helped them or not. But I can imagine a lot of situations where that might have played a role. Vs. Everton, Wigan, Bucharest (home) after their equalizer, Arsenal, Wigan,

QPR? Southampton? Steaua? Reading? Newcastle?

Let me ask you a simple question - we have to win every league game this season. Do you start him in any of them ahead of Mikel and Ramires?

Let me ask you a simple question - we have to win every league game this season. Do you start him in any of them ahead of Mikel and Ramires?

I have been very, very critical of you. However, this is actually a very reasonable question...And the answer, unfortunatelly, is NO.

With the possibility of a new top CM arriving, how crucial will Lampard be to us?

IF Mourinho comes, we will still be playing 4-2-3-1 though? Or whichever manager? My stance on this has always been clear, so i am not gonna re-hash any of that as it has been debated to death, but if the new manager comes on and reverts back to a 4-3-3 system then his usefulness even as an impact sub would increase, as i am sure most would agree our "current" CM's are more suited to a 3 man midfield system, particularly lampard and ramires.

So what? No leader can turn his team's spirit around in every game, leadership is no guarantee, but you can't tell from our results that his leadership has not been a factor at all.

I am glad to answer your question. No i would not start him any game. but I also would not play 4-2-3-1 in any game. He would not start against Utd but be a sub. We always get most chances vs Utd late in the game and I'd rather have him fresh and at the end of a chance then than a tired Mata or Oscar. I'd probably also not start him against City cos we have to be very strong in mdifield esp defensively. But he should start any or most of the other games, cos he is still good enough to run the midfield the entire game against most oppositions and is a goal threat in every game.

So what? No leader can turn his team's spirit around in every game, leadership is no guarantee, but you can't tell from our results that his leadership has not been a factor at all.

I am glad to answer your question. No i would not start him any game. but I also would not play 4-2-3-1 in any game. He would not start against Utd but be a sub. We always get most chances vs Utd late in the game and I'd rather have him fresh and at the end of a chance then than a tired Mata or Oscar. I'd probably also not start him against City cos we have to be very strong in mdifield esp defensively. But he should start any or most of the other games, cos he is still good enough to run the midfield the entire game against most oppositions and is a goal threat in every game.

But in all those games he is one of the first players to go missing as soon as thier midfield starts to put pressure. Brilliant leadership, would you honestly make him the leader of a platoon about to go to battle when he easily goes missing when things start to get difficult?

IF Mourinho comes, we will still be playing 4-2-3-1 though? Or whichever manager? My stance on this has always been clear, so i am not gonna re-hash any of that as it has been debated to death, but if the new manager comes on and reverts back to a 4-3-3 system then his usefulness even as an impact sub would increase, as i am sure most would agree our "current" CM's are more suited to a 3 man midfield system, particularly lampard and ramires.

Mourinho has been playing 4231 in Madrid hasn't he?

And what midfield best suits Mata? He's been our best player this season, but you'd happily see us revert to 433 to better suit a 35 year old and the only Brazilian in the world who can't pass a ball over 10 yards???

I don't hear anyone saying the system doesn't suit Lamps when he's scoring two goals against Everton or knocking it around against Stoke but those have been the exception this season.

But in all those games he is one of the first players to go missing as soon as thier midfield starts to put pressure. Brilliant keadership, would you honestly make him the leader of a platoon about to go to battle when he easily goes missing when things start to get difficult?

I have seen players like Ballack, Vieira, Gerrard, Drogba and other great leaders do that, too. A true leader chooses his battles wisely. The very big games are yet to come. Judge him after these. He has been there for us in the big game his entire carreer. One should not doubt s.o.s leadership qualities only because he got missing in some bad but not necessarily decisive games.

I have seen players like Ballack, Vieira, Gerrard, Drogba and other great leaders do that, too. A true leader chooses his battles wisely. The very big games are yet to come. Judge him after these. He has been there for us in the big game his entire carreer. One should not doubt s.o.s leadership qualities only because he got missing in some bad but not necessarily decisive games.

Hm big games, would that be the ones like the Super Cup Final? Club world cup final? Manchester City? United? Some of the big games where he was poor in all of them?

The problem I have with the people who through out the word leadership with Lampard is that its used like its some kind of magical pixie dust in order to justify why Lampard should still play a big part in the teams plans. In other words its being used to try and brush of some piss poor performances this season.

Mourinho has been playing 4231 in Madrid hasn't he?

And what midfield best suits Mata? He's been our best player this season, but you'd happily see us revert to 433 to better suit a 35 year old and the only Brazilian in the world who can't pass a ball over 10 yards???

I don't hear anyone saying the system doesn't suit Lamps when he's scoring two goals against Everton or knocking it around against Stoke but those have been the exception this season.

What??? Please show me where I said I would have us change the system? Everyone knows the system doesn't suit Lampard... He isn't a DM or a DLP and isn't the Cam in behind the striker either.

For what it's worth I wouldn't change our system, but get a proper CM. But who is to say out next manager won't change that. What one manager plays at one team doesn't mean he will play it everywhere. Ofc Lampard would be more effective in a system he has played most of his career... That's a given.

Hm big games, would that be the ones like the Super Cup Final? Club world cup final? Manchester City? United? Some of the big games where he was poor in all of them?

The problem I have with the people who through out the word leadership with Lampard is that its used like its some kind of magical pixie dust in order to justify why Lampard should still play a big part in the teams plans. In other words its being used to try and brush of some piss poor performances this season.

Show some respect for this player, he shouldn't be criticized at all in fact.

Lol. Yes, how dare there someone to have the AUDACITY to criticise a player who the clubs pays massive wages to constantly perform below par :rolleyes: .

Open your ears and listen to me, I wont repeat.You are talking about Frank Lampard, not Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard deserves everything he has now at the club, Frank Lampard is our greatest player, Frank Lampard has massive wages for you ? I dont care, simply because he won us titles and made us what we are today.

Fernando Torres also have big wages, and he costs us how much ? Could you please remember me how much he costs ? Because you are talking about wages like you are paying Frank, but you are not paying him, its the club, he wants to reduce his wages and continue at a top club, could you respect this at least ? Frank Lampard should not be criticized simply because he is playing in a position he cant deal with, do you understand ? He is a 34 Years old box to box midfielder, you dont expect from him too much, and that boy, you seem to forget.

I think you are simply living in some world where we must only keep players who performs, its false, there are certain players special, who must stay, Frank Lampard is our heart, he, since he signed, represents perfectly the Chelsea way, the Chelsea mentality, he is a leader, you cant deny this.Do you want to talk about his performance as a 34 yld box to box out of position midfielder in a shitty team changing managers every three months ?

I wont blame him, because at his age he cant do much : to do what he excels in, and that is score goals, he needs a team who is good, balanced, with a style of play and an established manager, he cant now run, tackle, pass & score, If you think that he still can contribute, you are totally wrong, I think, you should change your view of him, and be far less exigent toward him because he is playing this season only because there are no one good there, I think there are too many new supporter who doesn't respect him, simply because he isnt good, and this is not the correct attitude at all.

Open your ears and listen to me, I wont repeat.You are talking about Frank Lampard, not Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard deserves everything he has now at the club, Frank Lampard is our greatest player, Frank Lampard has massive wages for you ? I dont care, simply because he won us titles and made us what we are today.

Fernando Torres also have big wages, and he costs us how much ? Could you please remember me how much he costs ? Because you are talking about wages like you are paying Frank, but you are not paying him, its the club, he wants to reduce his wages and continue at a top club, could you respect this at least ? Frank Lampard should not be criticized simply because he is playing in a position he cant deal with, do you understand ? He is a 34 Years old box to box midfielder, you dont expect from him too much, and that boy, you seem to forget.

I think you are simply living in some world where we must only keep players who performs, its false, there are certain players special, who must stay, Frank Lampard is our heart, he, since he signed, represents perfectly the Chelsea way, the Chelsea mentality, he is a leader, you cant deny this.Do you want to talk about his performance as a 34 yld box to box out of position midfielder in a shitty team changing managers every three months ?

I wont blame him, because at his age he cant do much : to do what he excels in, and that is score goals, he needs a team who is good, balanced, with a style of play and an established manager, he cant now run, tackle, pass & score, If you think that he still can contribute, you are totally wrong, I think, you should change your view of him, and be far less exigent toward him because he is playing this season only because there are no one good there, I think there are too many new supporter who doesn't respect him, simply because he isnt good, and this is not the correct attitude at all.

Sorry bud, but in today's world with financial play rules and the increasing competitive nature and difficulty in competing, then it really does matter on how the team is structered on who is more important and who gets paid motr. Frank is on at least £120,000 a week and at best he can only be an impact luxary player for us. Sure he can score goals every now and again, but in a changing team which does not focus on his goal scoring abilities and the criteria set up for him to play in - he has to adapt (which he seems to refuse to do). But since you like throwing phrases like 'he has so much leadership' and 'he reperesents the club' - then sorry that I then hold him up the higher standards. Like I said he is being paid over £120,000 a week - by that he should be giving consistent good performances, but like I said people throwing rubbish like the word leadership seem to use it to to try and brush off the fact that he is often been poor this season, and that he is refusing to adapt his game in order to help the team. Just him scoring some goals is not enough, as a midfielder who is clearly declining he should be looking at other ways to contribute to the team, but he does not, and thats a big reason why he should go.

Funny though that you sight one of the reason why Jose has to come back is becauuse of his relationship with Lampard, but just last year he and Madrid let Raul, a player like Lampard who many considered one of the faces of the club he reperesented in the last decade, leave becuase of the clash of interest between what Raul had and what the club wannted. The irony of your last few posts on this topic is quite funny actually.

Sorry bud, but in today's world with financial play rules and the increasing competitive nature and difficulty in competing, then it really does matter on how the team is structered on who is more important and who gets paid motr. Frank is on at least £120,000 a week and at best he can only be an impact luxary player for us. Sure he can score goals every now and again, but in a changing team which does not focus on his goal scoring abilities and the criteria set up for him to play in - he has to adapt (which he seems to refuse to do). But since you like throwing phrases like 'he has so much leadership' and 'he reperesents the club' - then sorry that I then hold him up the higher standards. Like I said he is being paid over £120,000 a week - by that he should be giving consistent good performances, but like I said people throwing rubbish like the word leadership seem to use it to to try and brush off the fact that he is often been poor this season, and that he is refusing to adapt his game in order to help the team. Just him scoring some goals is not enough, as a midfielder who is clearly declining he should be looking at other ways to contribute to the team, but he does not, and thats a big reason why he should go.

Funny though that you sight one of the reason why Jose has to come back is becauuse of his relationship with Lampard, but just last year he and Madrid let Raul, a player like Lampard who many considered one of the faces of the club he reperesented in the last decade, leave becuase of the clash of interest between what Raul had and what the club wannted. The irony of your last few posts on this topic is quite funny actually.

I'll do it simple, there are two scenarios,

1- Frank Lampard reduce his wages, José Mourinho comes back, and we'll have a very good season, Frank Lampard wont be a starter, but will still play some good matches for José & the team.We'll win again, just like the old good days.

2- Frank Lampard goes, José comesback, and we'll have a very good season too.

That's what I think, there are no irony, I fully believe players like him should finish here, just like Giggs is doing at United for an example, I believe his leadership isnt only on the pitch, I think its better to have a player like Frank Lampard around everyday at training, to go in a competition with him, he is a motivator, he know football, and could also at times save our ass like he did against Everton.For the club, to have such a legend to be proud of is also good, the fans loves him and he makes the Bridge sing, if that is not Leadership, I dont know what it is.

Now talking about wages, its down to the club, I respect what you said, and I agree, we are living in 2013 and with these new rules we cant pay him that much, but as I said before, there are two scenarios.

"The irony of your last few posts on this topic is quite funny actually."

So that's it, you finished your lines with this one just to bite me, well done sir, you won, after all, its opinion.