Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Lampard is one of three players to feature in both games against Southampton (2-2 draw at home, 2-1 loss away) and QPR (0-0 draw away and 1-0 loss at home).

In fact by my reckoning of the last six games we've lost, the only TWO players to start each of them has been Ivanovic and.....Lamps.

(Southampton away, Man City away, Steaua away, Newcastle away, Swansea home, QPR home).

That doesn't include the Man United FA Cup game that he came off in when we were 2-0 down, before coming back to draw 2-2.

I know why some people have such a feeling,they can't afford to see him in another team's jersey so am i but let us all wish for a bright future for the team,terry, drogba,lampard, and the rest will always be there for us even if they leave the team,1year contract will be enough for frankie.

Yes, in this case it really is, because its pretty strange that after all those years this is the first time he is not involved at all. Even Ba is there.

If he doesn't leave can I rub it in your face? Even if you say no, I'll do it anyway.

If he doesn't leave can I rub it in your face? Even if you say no, I'll do it anyway.

is there a scenario where he'll stay? The board has held firm on it's view of not offering Lampard a new contract despite the incessant support from the fans. only way is if Jose comes and says he wants to keep Frank around. only will have that much power and balls to face the board

You wouldn't incude a player whose contract situation is up in the air. It's as simple as that.

I still think Mourinho's appointment could change things but in terms of Frank Lampard the player and not Frank Lampard the Chelsea icon, I don't know if he's doing enough on the pitch to earn a new contract.

think it's pretty clear now. sad that he's leaving but like drogba, it's the right time

Its probably the right time..

Only sad thing is unlike Drogba, who wanted to leave (at least that's what it looked like), Lampard yearns for a contract extension.