Frank Lampard

DavidEU

He will not only break the record but smack home 20 goals in another season. Another funny fact to that Lamps vs Scholes and Gerrard debate apart from the ones i already listed in the English football thread. Lamps has hit double figueres in 10 seasons. Gerrard done it three times. Scholes twice. Just to illustrate the difference in quality and consistency. And of course he is the best player in Chelsea's history. Also he is the best captain.

He will not only break the record but smack home 20 goals in another season. Another funny fact to that Lamps vs Scholes and Gerrard debate apart from the ones i already listed in the English football thread. Lamps has hit double figueres in 10 seasons. Gerrard done it three times. Scholes twice. Just to illustrate the difference in quality and consistency. And of course he is the best player in Chelsea's history. Also he is the best captain.

No-one will disagree with him being the greatest goalscoring midfielder not just of his generation, but possibly of all time. But the point isn't about how many goals he might score next season, but how many the team as a whole would score and also concede were he to still be playing regularly.

You sure about that? :Goober:

Legend of the game, greatest Chelsea player ?

Tough to say because everyone will have their own criteria, but he's certainly up there. Our best goalscoring midfielder without a doubt and he gets extra points for longevity but is he the best player we've ever had on our books?

Tough to say because everyone will have their own criteria, but he's certainly up there. Our best goalscoring midfielder without a doubt and he gets extra points for longevity but is he the best player we've ever had on our books?

I think, because of the titles, because of his involvement and professionalism, because of his natural talent to find the perfect pass & perfect timing to score, and because of his longivity, he deserves the title of greatest ever.If Zola won that much trophy with the same amout of goals he scored when he was i player, i'd go for Gianfranco, but Lamps through the years was the perfect player who represent the Chelsea mentality, he is our heart.

Best player ever for me and of his current generation its not even close. I am sure many of our older members may differ who had seen the likes of osgood and tambling etc, but for me Frank Lampard is NO.1 and for anyone to surpass him would mean they would have to do something so so special...